• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session ID in URL

rclindia

Hello, I am new in php. I just have a small question:

How can I hide session ID, that are displayed in URL..and visitors can see them? I don't want this. Sure, this may not be applicable, but I am using some other programs such as phplinks, that shows session ID in the URL.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi there! I got the same problem budy. I checked in my includes/configure.php define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

So it supposed to be store in the database. For some strange reasons, when I get back on the website and I'm loggin on it, the url doesn't show up the session id, if I browse the catalog, the url doesn't show up the session id but when I start an order, damn, here it comes the session id in the url!!! Whats happening?? I don't really know. The only think I saw is that my table SESSIONS sometimes lost data... I have to optimize the table but it doesnt resolve the url session problem... Anybody has a suggestion? Ill really appreciate. Thanks

You have to either put it in the URL or store it in a cookie. To store it as a cookie, admin > Configuration > Sessions > Force Cookie Use set to true. That works in MS2; not sure of the MS1 or earlier equivalent.

Note: this has nothing to do with STORE_SESSIONS. This is just the ID that tells which session is active. STORE_SESSIONS tells where to store the session *data*, not the session ID or link.

Hth,

Matt

Archived