• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

session problems

Hi and thanks for a great e-commerce program :D I have an problem or two. I have run the shop for about 1 months whitout bigger problems, until i installed more languages.. I get this message at the top:<br>

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid character are only a-z,A-Z and 0-9 in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/session.php:67)

in /home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and this in the bottom:

Warning : session_write_close(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid character are only a-z,A-Z and 0-9 in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

Waring: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data(files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct(/tmp)

in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

CAN ANYONE HELP ME......please

• 10 months later...

Somewhere along the line you have duplicated commands. Try checking the files you have included for the new language - have you required the language in application top and the files themselves, or in the header or elsewhere?

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Thanx for your reply, Tony :rolleyes:

I have double, triple check the application, english and sessions files but I can`t find the "double"commands that you mentioned. :(

The strange thing is that the problem only occurs when you see the website for the first time and immedately do your "first action" to change the currency from "Euro" to "Dollar".

Suppose that you do your "first action" something else like checking out some products or something. I don`t have any problems... :unsure: :huh:

See my url: http://gadgetsking.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/default.php

I also put the sessions file from //catalog/include/functions/ here :

If you need more information just ask...

sessions.php

<?

function tep_session_start() {

return session_start();

}

function tep_session_register($variable) {

return session_register($variable);

}

function tep_session_is_registered($variable) {

return session_is_registered($variable);

}

function tep_session_unregister($variable) {

return session_unregister($variable);

}

function tep_session_id($sessid='') {

if ($sessid)

return session_id($sessid);

else

return session_id();

}

function tep_session_name($name='') {

if ($name)

return session_name($name);

else

return session_name();

}

function tep_session_close() {

if (function_exists('session_close')) {

return session_close();

}

}

function tep_session_destroy() {

return session_destroy();

}

?>

Hi and thanks for a great e-commerce program :D I have an problem or two. I have run the shop for about 1 months whitout bigger problems, until i installed more languages.. I get this message at the top:<br>

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid character are only a-z,A-Z and 0-9 in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/session.php:67)

in /home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and this in the bottom:

Warning : session_write_close(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid character are only a-z,A-Z and 0-9 in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

Waring: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data(files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct(/tmp)

in home/domain/public_html/webshop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

CAN ANYONE HELP ME......please

Try this, in your configure.php files change the following

This

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' '); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

To this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanx Richard for your reply but unfortunately it didn`t help... :(

I still got this errors in my header as describe my handling in my previous message:

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/gadgetsk/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 4

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gadgetsk/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:4) in /home/gadgetsk/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 4

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/gadgetsk/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:4) in /home/gadgetsk/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 4

and this errors in my footer:

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

• 4 months later...
Thanx for your reply, Tony  :rolleyes:

I have double, triple check the application, english and sessions files but I can`t find the "double"commands that you mentioned.  :(

The strange thing is that the problem only occurs when you see the website for the first time and immedately do your "first action" to change the currency from "Euro" to "Dollar".

Suppose that you do your "first action" something else like checking out some products or something. I don`t have any problems... :unsure:  :huh:

I also put the sessions file from //catalog/include/functions/ here :

If you need more information just ask...

sessions.php

<?

function tep_session_start() {

return session_start();

}

function tep_session_register($variable) {

return session_register($variable);

}

function tep_session_is_registered($variable) {

return session_is_registered($variable);

}

function tep_session_unregister($variable) {

return session_unregister($variable);

}

function tep_session_id($sessid='') {

if ($sessid)

return session_id($sessid);

else

return session_id();

}

function tep_session_name($name='') {

if ($name)

return session_name($name);

else

return session_name();

}

function tep_session_close() {

if (function_exists('session_close')) {

return session_close();

}

}

function tep_session_destroy() {

return session_destroy();

}

?>

I did not see the errors on your site but you need to install a thumbnail contribution for sure. One of your images is 125kb and the rest of them are over 50. They should be in the 3-5 range at most. There is no way anyone on dialup is going to wait that long for your site to load.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived