• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce.sql not found

carloscanas

I am installing oscommerce on a windows XP computer (so I can go home at night and work on it) and on installing the default store I get the message "install/oscommerce.sql not found".

I have Apache document root pointing to "c:/oscommerce/catalog" and I have a c:/oscommerce/catalog directory that contains all the oscommerce files downloaded from oscommerce site. I can go to c:/oscommerce/catalog/install and there is a file oscommerce.sql, but still oscommerce install does not see it.

I know Apache works, as well as php4 and mysql, and I can go through oscommerce initial install screens, no problems there. I have oscommerce working on my Linux server at work, and I was able to install it there without problems.

I'd appreciate any help as I need to go home sometimes.

Thanks,

Carlos

I changed the document root directory on Apache but I still get the same error message. I know the file is there because I can see it and I can also open it using notepad. The error is on new installation, database import, and the error is:

sql file does not exist: /install/oscommerce.sql

The file is in:

c:/oscommerce/catalog/install

Thanks for your prompt response,

Carlos :(

It's a goofiness that pops up sometimes. The simplest thing is to import the database manually and run the install with database import turned off.

Hth,

Matt

Archived