• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Indexing Success with MS2 2.2 ??

Rwfresh

Two possible responses from this message. It will either be ignored or i will be attacked. Either way i think it's important that someone, ANYONE with ANY information speak up.

I know that one of the major issues, concerns of running a successful online store is having your site indexed and ranked with all the major search engines. I have read through the forums a number of times and posted a number of messages concerning indexing with very little response.

HAS ANYONE had ANY success with SE indexing of their OSC store? I know there are a number of mods/fixes/hack for pre MS2 2.2 releases that supposedly make OSC SE spider friendly.. but what about MS2 2.2? I have been watching my logs and various spiders are reacting differently to the site. The most important spiders (googlebot, inktomi) seem to hit the first page and immediately run away. Is this a KNOWN problem? Or a known reaction? If so is there a fix? is anyone working on anything? Maybe i have missed something.. but if it is a problem.. and a known problem wouldn't it make sense to make this a priority in development? A store is completely useless without ranking and indexing. If you have had success with a MS2.2 store with ranking and indexing please respond/let me/us know and i will shut my hole. If you have noticed problems SPEAK UP please. Thanks.

Archived