• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AuthorizeNet checkout

meimei

I am currently using snapshot-20030917 and using Authorize Net as my payment method.

When I made a test order and ready to checkout, the script calls transaction.dll as normal process. Then it asks me to login or creat an account, though I am already login. If I login again, it takes me to login page for the third time login. The interesting part is I still receive merchant receipt and confirmation, which means the transaction did make it through. What am I doing wrong? I set the receipt URL to http://myshopurl/checkout_success.php at the AuthorizeNet end, but it doesn't seem to work. Help~~~~

I look through almost entire forum, found some message say set the response/receipt url to checkout_process.php . So I went to AuthorizeNet control panel to do so, but it still takes me to login page instead of checkout_success.php

Help~~~~

Try it with admin > Configuration > Sessions > Force Cookie Use set to true and see if that helps. It sounds like it's losing the session when it switches to Authorize.net.

Hth,

Matt

I am having the same issue. Authorize.net redirects to the login page instead of the checkout_success page. What exactly did you change in the admin to get it to work? Here's my setting in sessions:

Session Directory -> /tmp

Force Cookie Use -> True

Check SSL Session ID -> True

Check User Agent -> True

Check IP Address -> False

Prevent Spider Sessions -> False

Recreate Session -> True

Did you set everything to true? Did you hand code some changes?

Thankyou in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any solutions? I am also having this problem:

"During the checkout process, it redirects to https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

and this is when it asks me to login again. At the same time, I receive the email merchant receipt and order confirmation."

Up until now I have been keying in orders through Authorize.net's terminal. I am setting up a new shopping cart and wanted it to be automatic.

I have tried changing the settings mentioned above. What settings are necessary in Authorize.net?

Thanks,

Clay

Any solutions? I am also having this problem:

"During the checkout process, it redirects to https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

and this is when it asks me to login again. At the same time, I receive the email merchant receipt and order confirmation."

Up until now I have been keying in orders through Authorize.net's terminal. I am setting up a new shopping cart and wanted it to be automatic.

I have tried changing the settings mentioned above. What settings are necessary in Authorize.net?

Thanks,

Clay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm having the same issue too. I verified my settings as suggested by a previous user, but that didn't help.

I submit an order, it takes me to: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll. That then redirects me to the login page as if the order didn't happen. Finally, I get an email letting me know the order went through. The customer should get a receipt, not be directed to the login page.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Chris Miller

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have resolved my issue so I hope this helps all of you:

Go to Admin > Configuration > Sessions

Set all settings to false. Once I did this, authorize.net started to properly go to the correct check out page instead of showing the login screen.

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions False

Recreate Session False

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is that if you want search engine friendly URLs to be enabled, then you need to make sure that session is stored in a cookie. Therefor you need to have force cookie use turned on to true.

I've tracked the problem down to the following code in application_top.php

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') {
 	error_log("forced to use cookies for session");
   tep_setcookie('cookie_test', 'please_accept_for_session', time()+60*60*24*30, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain);

if (isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['cookie_test'])) {
    error_log("test cookie was set, lets start the session");
     tep_session_start();
     $session_started = true;
   } else {
    error_log("test cookie FAILED");
}
 }

The problem is that temporary cookie is not being set after the return from authorize.net.

Any thoughts as to the best way to correct this?

-B

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still having the same problem with Authorize.net. I have an SSL Certificate installed as well.

I went to Admin > Configuration > Sessions and set all the settings like Adam recommended above:

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Recreate Session False

When I I submit an order (in the checkout_confirmation.php page), it takes me to: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll; then redirects me to the checkout_payment.php page (one step back) and asks for the CC# again, and from here is gets into a loop that never ends.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you,

Dany :huh:

• 1 month later...

I went to Admin > Configuration > Sessions and set all the settings recommended above:

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Recreate Session False

This WORKED for ME!!! Thanks so much!! :)

**NOTE: I played around with the Settings and set "Check IP Address" to "True". When I did this it stopped working for me.

Archived