• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

So, can I do this??

If I completely blow OSCommerce away and off of my server can I reinstall it and start all over again???

I've got an error on the confirmation page when checks/moneyorders is the selected method of checkout... someone told me how to fix it... I did what they said.. it's STILL not fixed and working right. Then someone on here told me how to make it so it didnt require that they give their birthdate when they register... followed it to a T too, and now you cant log in or out of my site. You log in, you get an error, but if you go back, it shows your name at the welcome... if you go to log out, you get the same exact error again, the only way to change the user logged in is to close out the browser completely or click on the "not this person, click here to sign in" thing, log in with the user name and password and start all over again with the same error page. Again, if you go back, now that person shows at the welcome prompt. Oh yeah, and if you register a new customer.. you get the same error that you get on all of the rest too once they fill out the first page and continue...

I have busted my arse for 5 days and nights straight now.. getting up over 500 items of merchandise, getting my payment and shipment modules working, customizing the look of everything, changing the buttons, etc to what I needed... I've been averaging maybe 3 to 4 hours a sleep a night if I'm lucky because of everything I've been trying to get done in my store. And then now... you cant log in.. you cant log out... wont confirm right for check/moneyorder.... so I'm pretty much to the point of saying SCREW IT and removing the whole darn thing!!!!!

Sorry.. went on a rant there but I am BEYOND aggriavted and I need sleep.....

So could someone please tell me... if I blow this whole puppy away... can I just reinstall it after and start again or not? Or will there be all kinds of extra steps I'll need to take to be able to reinstall it now that it's been on my server????

Thanks in advance,

One Seriously Distraught Store Owner :blink:

Yes, you an delete it and start over.

However, keep in mind that this *is* web development, and I would be very surprised if this is the last of your issues. In my opinion, it would be far bettter to continue to work on it, and try to figure out what you did wrong, and how to fix it. ?Doing this will only make things easier in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Yes - you can - but you don't HAVE to lose the data. Just re-load all the PHP files.

Remember - to make backup copies before you change ANYTHING. When you make a small change - test it before changing anything else.

AND/OR

Use a compair tool (like Beyond Compair) to compair your modifed code to a "stock" OSC code. Maybe you added/missed something that you should not have.

Remember to COMMENT anything in your code that you change - that way you can see what was changed and go back if needed. I tend to comment out any OLD code and mark which lines was added/changed/removed. That way - I ALWAYS have the stock OSC code - even if I don't use them.

Archived