• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal module... how to test it without paying?!

Hi all,

I am offering PayPal as a payment method. It's the one that came with the MS2 installation.

Problem is, I need to know how the process works, e.g. when the customer selects PayPal as the payment method, what happens when he clicks the confirms the order on the checkout confirmation page. Or more importantly, does the customer get returned to the checkout success page after the payment has been made? What if he doesn't actually pay, does he get to the checkout success page too?

I need to know this (I have specific code based on payment method on the success page) but it doesn't seem to be possible to actually test PayPal without having to pay. How am I going to do this as the webmaster of my website?!

If it's not possible to test the code, I would really appreciate precise information on the payment process from someone who has already made payments or tested this. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

There is no way to test paypal thru your site without paying,

the way I did it was, I made a product in oscommerce with a cost of 1 penny, and then I bought it to see the process,

except paypal wont let you use the same visa/mc that you have your paypal account with, so you would haveto use a different visa or use a friends and pay them back. :rolleyes:

digi

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

Haha, well I suppose I could spare a few cents then... thanks for the tip digi. I suppose I'll have to try it :D

Luckily I have a business credit card as well, so I can use that one (PayPal uses my personal credit card).

if you make a test payment with paypal to your shop, eg. you purchase from your shop and pay via paypal then you can within 30 days refund the payment and paypal will not charge anything.

regards

ralf

sometimes I change code before reading the comments, sometimes code doesn't even have comments, sometimes I rechange code after I read the code others wrote :-)

I do think they will take a percentage though

No, they refund the percentage as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived