• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

most important 20 modules

Hi, all

I've been using oscommerce for a while, recently a friend of mine introduced me yahoo store and hitslink, their reporting system seems better than oscommerce. I've been searching for contributions for my 2.2 to compete yahoo store and hitslink. I am looking for contributions that can

1. manage coupon and vouchar system.

2. allow unique title, meta tag for SEO.

3. advanced sales reporting system.

4. site statistic system that can

a. track page views for each page

b. track references from different search engines

c. track keywords searched in search engine that brings customer to my site.

d. track conversion rate(out of 100 customer from google, how many made a purchase?)

e. track what are the keywords searched by customers in my site

d. track user click trails

5. affiliate program module

What else do I miss? what are the most important 20 modules? Do we have a exsiting system that already integrats these functions? if not, what are the lastest version of the contributions?

Your suggestion is highly apprieciated.

Thanks a lot

kevin

www.oriental-art-gifts.com

Hi, all

I've been using oscommerce for a while, recently a friend of mine introduced me yahoo store and hitslink, their reporting system seems better than oscommerce. I've been searching for contributions for my 2.2 to compete yahoo store and hitslink. I am looking for contributions that can

1. manage coupon and vouchar system.

2. allow unique title, meta tag for SEO.

3. advanced sales reporting system.

4. site statistic system that can

a. track page views for each page

b. track references from different search engines

c. track keywords searched in search engine that brings customer to my site.

d. track conversion rate(out of 100 customer from google, how many made a purchase?)

e. track what are the keywords searched by customers in my site

d. track user click trails

5. affiliate program module

What else do I miss? what are the most important 20 modules? Do we have a exsiting system that already integrats these functions? if not, what are the lastest version of the contributions?

Your suggestion is highly apprieciated.

Thanks a lot

kevin

www.oriental-art-gifts.com

Hi Kevin

Look into the contributions

www.commerce.com/community/contributions

there you will find most of what your are looking for.

and the Search funktion is also giving some feedback.

Cheers

jens

MY SUGGESTION - Start with Linda McGrath's (OSC Team member) SEC (Shoppe Enhancement Controller). It is OSC MS2 (complete) with a bunch of the more popular mods already installed plus more. Due to size it is available at :

Web Makers Corner

There is a demo site for BOTH the admin and catalog side that you can try out.

Goto Web Makers Corner Free Call site to "purchase" it for free and download it.

Good Luck!

There are a bunch of contributions we use that offer the functionality you're asking for.

Off the top of my head, some that we use are....

Meta Tag controller

OSCaffilliate

Gift Voucher/Discount Coupons

Sales Report 2

Monthly Sales/Tax

Ad Tracker

Also, a free program called "Awstats" is agood program to track hits and keywords that brought customers to your site.

We also use the OSCAffiliate program to track the conversion rate of external ads.

I think that addresses every single one of your concerns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

How long does it take you to walk from home to and from the corner store? How long to walk to the Gourmet Deli with only thing from France....?

Like programing - it is all relative ......

Some simple things - a few minutes - others maybe a hour - yet other when combined - can take days - specially on a totally customized site.

If you stick with only minor add on and don't modify too may files - most addon can be (relatively) easily added. If you have a comlicated one where TWO or more addons want to make changes to the same file near the same place - then that is where it can confusing (ie: SEC - took Linda several weeks to come out with that)

A file/directory compair tool like Beyond Compair or UltraEdit's Compair makes it easier to add or combine code (IMHO).

BACKUP OFFTEN! The first mistake a newbie does not do is keep track of changes and does not backup offten..... prevent that "I was working last week fine untill I did....."

Use comments

In PHP lines

// put your comment here

or

/*

lots of

comment

lines

*/

or in HTML lines

<?php // put your comment here ?>

or