• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

High profile sites running osCommerce?

malphigian

Hello all.

I'm in the midst of choosing software and setting up a ecom site for a client of mine.

So far, I'm leaning towards using osCommerce (got a test install, and it looks like it has all the flexibility I need to do what I want).

However, it would greatly help me to convince my client if I had some high profile sites running osCommerce I could show them.

My client is a relatively major national brand in the U.S. (they are in pretty much every department store). Their web store is actually going to be low traffic, but it needs to be *reliable* above all else.

It would help me to convince them if I could show them a couple sites running osCommerce that are known brands or companies. I've been through the showcase, and I just don't see any companies I've ever heard of before.

I realize this is because osCommerce is largely international, and big online stores tend to roll their own shops, etc... but the fact remains, I need some good example stores to show them.

Any ideas?

As an addendum, if you feel osCommerce is not appropriate for a major brand's store, feel free to share that as well :P .

Yeah, like I said, I looked through the featured and showcase sites, there's a lot of nicely done stores in there, but none of them is from a company I've heard of.

This is about combatting FUD, so it has very little to do with practical "this site is nice and reliable and uses oscommerce", and more to do with "look, this big company uses osCommerce". For example, the Mcgraw-Hill books site uses the open source interchange ecommerce package. I can tell the client that, and the client will think "ah, I know McGraw Hill, I feel better".

No matter how great the toe-ring store is, it will not have this effect on the client's psyche. :P

It's quite possible there aren't any well known US companies using osCommerce, was just hoping there was something out there that isn't in the showcase/live sites/featured sites section.

Archived