• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sessions problem (i think)

JoyC

Hi Guys and Gals

I have had some very intermittant problems since instaling osc ( still on the ms1 release) both in the catalogue and in the admin areas:

Catalog: when visiting the site and loading the first page ( index.php ) you get a "page cannot be displayed" standard error - Press refresh and it loads correctly and everything is fine from there on in - of course to the visitor who doesnt know or think to hit refresh they think the site is not there and just leave again :( ( if i enter the site at default.php this NEVER happens )

Admin: "depending on how you hold your mouth" you either can or cant select an area to go into, ie click on products, then click on attributes and the damn thing just stands there and stares back at you - the page keeps loading with the previous one - and you go around and around in circles untill it decides to let you in.

I have asked about this before and got told to make sure that both config files are set to "mysql" which they are.

I notice in the database there are a lot of session stored in there, now should there be one or 2 sessions in there, and i dont understand the expiry entries at all but what should they look like.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last month, i only knew how to spell PHP, this month i have mastered the art of swearing in php!

Archived