• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configure.php oddity

smauntz

I made a custom oscommerce install that includes several different user contributed modules.

I installed oscommerce on one of my sites, installed all the modules, then modified the oscommerce.sql install script so that the upgrades I made to the database were reflected in a new install. Finally, I copied the whole thing over to a new site and ran the oscommerce web install.

The install seems to run perfectly except for one issue. When I try to access the control panel I get the following error message...

" Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INFOPAGESapplication_top.php' (include_path='') in /home/.sites/70/site4/web/panel/includes/application_top.php on line 70"

Defining DIR_WS_INFOPAGES in admin/includes/configure.php fixes my problem.

The real problem is when I make the change to configure.php and try to run the web install again. SOMEWHERE in the install process, oscommerce removes the line I just added to configure.php. This is really beginning to drive me nuts.

Does anyone know where the install process for MS2 might erase any customizations in admin/includes/configure.php? If you need more information or my explanation is confusing please let me know.

Thanks for whatever advice you can give.

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Archived