• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG?

roozbeh18

HI GUYS I JUST ADDED A PRODUCT TO MY LIST AND ALL OF A SUDDEN NOTHING WORKS ANYMORE IT GIVES ME THIS ERROR

1016 - Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

select value from sessions where sesskey = '57cbb56d8cc6242e924cf6bcf7b3c2da' and expiry > '1064466525'

[TEP STOP]

how should i fix this ???

and also this when i go to my database

Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

Error

SQL-query :

SHOW KEYS FROM `sessions`

MySQL said:

Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

Back

how do i change the setting so instead of wrtting to database i write to a file. i remember i chose database when installing

I think your database file is corrupted in some way.

I had similar problem before I fixed it by restore a backup database. However, I did lost some data because the backup database is not the most current one.

If you know the difference between the current database and the backup database. Head to phpAdmin and save the table that contains the specific new data into a text file or something. so later you can restore this table.

I highly suggest backup your database once a day. Keep 7 backups or more based on different date.

If you do not have a backup database, you are screwed..... You can restore the original OSCommerce database by using the install again but use update instead.

Just my experience.

I can't help but notice that nearly every day someone posts with the same error.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Is there a reason it's happening so often?

I can't help but notice that nearly every day someone posts with the same error. 

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  Is there a reason it's happening so often?

The reason this is happening is because many hosts are using the automatic cpanel updates, which are updating the MySQL server services to version 4.0.xx.

Unfortunatly, this auto update DOES NOT update the client services.

If the host does not recognize this, and the client services remain on version 3.9.xx, and the server services are upgraded to 4.0.xx, various tables WILL BE CORRUPTED, nearly every time the auto upgrade occurs, menaing every day.

Yes, you can drop and re-create the table, or you can 'repair' the table, but until the host upgrades the client services, THE ERROR WILL OCCUR AGAIN TOMORROW.

Burt posted a temporary fix in the "Tips and Tricks' forum that will give the customer a link to click on which will automatically drop and re-create the table, but this should not be seen as anything more than a temporary solution.

Everyone that every has this problem needs to contact their host, and tell them to upgrade their MySQL client services to the same version as the server services.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but in regards to the database optimization I have a question...

Someone mention using the phpmyadmin option of "Optimize selected Tables" to enhance the speed of the DB.

However another friend commented that running this is a bad idea, something to do with if you run it it can comprise the entegrity of the database and you will start to see some odd things happen on your website.

What is the real answer here?

Is there any danger of corrupting the database by running the optimization option?

I know very little about the mysql side of OSC, and I dont want to run something that can bugger up our site.

cheers.

Guys just a quick answer if you could.

Is running optimization in phpmyadmin a bad thing at any time?

Or should it be considered safe in all instances in OSC?

ta.

I need to see whether the info I have been given is correct or not.

Archived