• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Broke it

peregrine

Helping someone. More like not helping at the moment.

I was at another PC and wanted to make a quick change. Unfortunately, I decided to edit the default.php file locally instead of thru admin. Bonehead!

Didn't have phpcoder there, so I used notepad set for wordwrap.

Now it's toast.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xxxxxxx/personal_web/dev.xxxxxxxxx.com/htdocs/includes/languages/english/default.php on line 1

Line 1?? Line 1? That's just <?php ?????

No backup. I'm SO feeling bad.

Got home and copied it down into phpcoder, made a text change, resaved, uploaded...

same error.

Only if you have a back up ;)

Without risk of sounding too silly, I've never tried it.

What would happen if you opened it again in notepad, removed the wordwrap saved it, and uploaded it.

Make sure its ascii

thats the my quota of silly suggestion for the day

cheers

I thought I tried that, but will try it again.

I was afraid of that. :(

Could I just get a copy of another default.php from someone and copy it over and change it then? A friend is installing OSCommerce on his site and he's going to upload the fresh default.php file up to mine. Should work, no??

Could I just get a copy of another default.php from someone and copy it over and change it then? A friend is installing OSCommerce on his site and he's going to upload the fresh default.php file up to mine. Should work, no??

Provided you haven't already made changes to default.php, and it is the same version as yours, that will work fine, yes.

If it's a different version, you will need to download the files for your version from www.sourceforge.net. Do a search for oscommerce (duh!), select the correct version, upload the default.php et voila!

Archived