• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product model - main field in catalogue?

beuler

I am developing an osc site, and my company uses Part Numbers as the unique identifier for each product. So i've used the Product Model that comes with osc, and renamed the column title in the catalogue listing from "Product Model" to "Part Number", and put the list display order to 1 so it shows at the far left of the listing.

However, when looking at the catalogue listing, to go into a detailed look at a product you have to click the product name in the "Product Name" column. I want to change this so that the user clicks on the part number to view more details. I'm happy for the product_info.php page to display the title as:

Product Name

[product model/part number]

But want the primary field in the listing to be the part number. I'd also be happy to allow the customer to click on the product name and/or product model, and clicking either would take you to the same product_info page.

Am I correct in assuming that this has to be done in the mySQL database? I had a look in there but couldn't find the answer.

Can anybody help?

No, you would change this in the includes/modules/product_listing.php file. Change (around lines 91-4):

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
           $lc_align = '';
           $lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';
           break;

to

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
           $lc_align = '';
           if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
             $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_model'] . '</a>';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_model'] . '</a> ';
           }
           break;

Hth,

Matt

Archived