• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to show different look on differnt page

eliastb

Hi everyone,

Ok this is what I want, I want to show different boxes at different views. For example, I don't want to show review box on first page in stead I want to show it when people get into product list page.. And also I don't want to show any shopping cart or review page when people read privacy notice .. etc.. how do u individualize such views...

Thank you..

Elias

Well, you'd either have to insert the logic into the column_left or column_right, or you'd have to have a different column_left and column_right that you called specifically from the product listing page. Either way, it's not a change you're going to want to make if you are a beginner at php.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

but what logic I can use.. what value defines what page I am currently on.. like can I check the catagory depth, and that will tell me where I am.. If I can tell what page I am , all is left is to comment out the define or require box lines.. is it not that easy..? please collaborate.. on this...

I really need to do this.. because I have some new boxes I would like to add depending on the page..

Thank you again,

Elias

I'd probably use variables just outside of the calls to the columns.

For instance, if you were on the index.php, set the value to 1 bfore calling the columns. If you were on the product_info, set the value to 2 just before calling the columns. Then inside the columns, just set the output to be dependant on the value of the variable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived