• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TOTALLY EASY NEWBIE QUESTION

bladeauctions

OKAY IM TRYING TO GET MY FRIENDS OSCOMMERCE SITE UP. THE DNS HAS RESOLVED TO HIS HOSTS SERVERS. THE DOMAIN IS HTTP://WWW.SHARP-TRADER.COM (CURRENTLY SHOWING THE GENERIC SUCCESS APACHE MESSAGE.) HOWEVER I HAVE INSTALLED OSCOMMERCE AT HTTP://WWW.SHARP-TRADER.COM/OSCOMMERCE

WHAT I AM ASKING IS WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE SURE THAT THE OSCOMMERCE SITE COMES UP WHEN SOMEONE ENTERS HTTP://WWW.SHARP-TRADER.COM

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS REALLY STUPID BUT I NEED HELP. YOUR RESPONSE IS APRECIATED. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS SIMPLE PROBLEM.

THANKS.

-KEVIN

Well, first of all, you should find the 'Caps Lock' key on your keyboard, and click it once.

Thanks should help a great deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

now that you have stopped shouting....

simply install the shop in the root.... right now you have it in a folder called oscommerce....

move all the files to public_html (not in a folder) leave all the files in correct structure...

edit includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php to show the new path

That is it....

Angela

You my friend are a jackass. Why did you spam my post? Poof be gone with yourself. What a pathetic loser you are.

Hey, I'm not the one that was being rude.

*You* were.

It is considered rude to type in all caps on the internet. If you didn't already know that, then it was well past time that you learned.

In other words, I just did you a favor. I'm sure you'll get around to thanking me soon, so I'll go ahead and tell you that you're welcome now. It was my pleasure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

If you have it fully installed and do not want to move it to the root directory, you could always drop a simple re-direct script on the index.html page in your root, pointing it with no delay to the start page of your cart.

This script, when placed at your old url, will automatically send the visitor to your new url. It can be set to show a countdown to the visitor, how much time before he/she is transferred.

Cut and paste this script and place it anywhere between the <body> </body> section of the page or pages of your previous website, most likely this will be your index or start page. This way the visitor clicks on an old url or address, gets this page and is sent to your new url.

<form name="redirect">

<center>

<font face="Arial" size="2"><b>We have moved.<br>You will be redirected to the new site in<br>

<form>

<input type="text" size="3" name="redirect2">

</form>

seconds</b></font>

</center>

<script>

<!--

/*

Count down then redirect script

By Website Abstraction (http://wsabstract.com)

Over 400+ free scripts here!

*/

//change below target URL to your own

var targetURL="http://WWW.CHANGEME.COM"

//change the second to start counting down from

var countdownfrom=1

var currentsecond=document.redirect.redirect2.value=countdownfrom+1

function countredirect(){

if (currentsecond!=1){

currentsecond-=1

document.redirect.redirect2.value=currentsecond

}

else{

window.location=targetURL

return

}

setTimeout("countredirect()",1000)

}

countredirect()

//-->

</script>

Then the link below will be the visitor which clicks on a link somewhere that goes to your old website url. You will see how the page will look for Seven seconds and then be sent back to this page.

The bolded 7 is where you change the amount of seconds to redirect and the bolded url or address above will be url of where you want the visitor to be sent. In this case, it is going to be back to this page.

This info was found on Beginners Web Design

• 3 weeks later...

Archived