• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] File uploads as an Option Feature

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This contribution does not work with MySQL 5. Will anyone update the contribution? My host upgraded MySQL and this contribution is throwing error messages all over.

Errors such as

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'products_options_values_id' at row 1

insert into products_options_values_to_products_options (products_options_values_id, products_options_id) values ('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID', '11')

All host are going to eventually upgrade to MySQL 5. This will have to be addressed sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
This contribution does not work with MySQL 5. Will anyone update the contribution? My host upgraded MySQL and this contribution is throwing error messages all over.

My host works with PHP5 to, and the upload-part does not work. Everything else works fine. Does someone yet know the answer for this ??

I really need the upload-part for my webshop.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, New to php, mysql, and osc commerce. Talk about GREEN :'(

I recently installed a contrib. File Upload .7 (for PA - Option Type Feature)

I used WinMerge to modify my existing files. But still got an error.

Please read and let me know your ideas on how to fix.

File name that gives the errors is: product_info.php

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /usr/home201/l/i/linzcott/public_html/shop/includes/header.php:255) in /usr/home201/l/i/linzcott/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

Issue started after install. I've read 18 pages of support, but never found my problem.

I'm exhausted.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sonny

site: www.linzcottimages/shop/index.php

Hi all,

I'm using a heavily loaded version of CRELoaded. I've had the Options Type feature installed for well over a year now, everything working perfectly. Now, I need to modify the Options Type contrib to include the file uploads. I've got everything installed, the upload feature shows correctly on the product_info page, the image information passes through from the shopping cart to the admin screen with a completed order, as well as shows the image name in the database.

My problem is this: the file just doesn't upload to the "uploads" image directory. The information goes through, just not the actual file itself.

I'm not sure what information would help here, so if anyone has any ideas...

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Chris B.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone might help with my dilemma above.

Thanks!

Chris B.

PM the store URL to me and I'll take a look

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at starting a printing shop online and i just want to know if this file uploader will upload PDF and images for printing? i just want it to upload with the order eg add 100 leaflets to basket, checkout, upload image (pdf), payment.

Is this at all possible with oscommerce and this file uploader?

As you can tell i am totally new to oscommerce.

Thanks

Andy

I am looking at starting a printing shop online and i just want to know if this file uploader will upload PDF and images for printing? i just want it to upload with the order eg add 100 leaflets to basket, checkout, upload image (pdf), payment.

Is this at all possible with oscommerce and this file uploader?

As you can tell i am totally new to oscommerce.

Thanks

Andy

yes, you can define what type of extensions you want to be accepted for uploading.

just add the extansions in:

includes/classes/upload.php

a. Search for: function upload($file = '', $destination = '', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '') {

b. Replace with: function upload($file = '', $destination = '', $permissions = '777', $extensions = array("jpg", "jpeg", "gif", "png", "eps", "cdr", "ai", "pdf")) {

---- edit the file extensions as needed for your situation

this is already replaced in the new version, so you only have to specify the right extansions.

I've installed the File Upload .77 contribution, and it is working ok (I can't get the "view image" link to work), my question. is it possible to attach the image to the confirmation email sent to the Owner?, that way, if they have a store where you can customize your product, the owner can have the image on his email to process the order quicker. Now they have to print the invoice, go to the "upload" folder, download the corresponding image and process the order.

Any help would be appreciated !! :thumbsup:

Has anyone gotten this file upload contribution to work with STS ?

I installed STS over a working store with products loaded, attributes etc.. and this file download for people to be able to upload their logo img file.

But now with STS - I don't get the browser window to pick a file:

http://3cgraphics.com/store/product_info.p...p;products_id=2

scroll all the way down - the layout obviosly isn't working either - but I'm not going to mess with that - if I can't get the download thing to work and have to revert to nonSTS anyway.

Thanks

DOnna :blink:

In includes/classes/upload.php

add the following just before the ?> at the bottom of the page

// START STS 4.1

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'sts.php');

$sts= new sts();

$sts->start_capture();

// END STS 4.1

that should work for you although I have a small bug as described below

Let me know because I'm having a problem with the Text option and the upload option. I feel like it is a mysql problem on my end but I haven't been able to track it down. When I set the product attributes the Text option and upload either don't work or mirror each other with the same product_option_value.

Edited by dant1259

In includes/classes/upload.php

add the following just before the ?> at the bottom of the page

// START STS 4.1

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'sts.php');

$sts= new sts();

$sts->start_capture();

// END STS 4.1

that should work for you although I have a small but as described below

Let me know because I'm having a problem with the Text option and the upload option. I feel like it is a mysql problem on my end but I haven't been able to track it down. When I set the product attributes the Text option and upload either don't work or mirror each other with the same product_option_value.

like wth, I don't just get an error no, the programme leaves me clueless!

This is the issue, after following the step-by-stepplan attached to the .7 orig release, I make a TEXT option etc, after doing so it appears as a dropdown with 'text' as an option! Getting a Attach File screen fails at the same problem, I get a dropdown menu no matter what I try.

Any helping angel that could help me out?

Nevermind, eventually it found out to be a languageproblem combined with misreading the readme, didnt quite add the code to config.php/the other one.php beside the other one you had to edit. It works now properly, exept for the fact that it'd be great to see a process bar. Anyone fixed this already and willing to share his experiences?

I got it working here and it does:

- uploading, it puts the images in the /uploads folder with a name as: <order#+1>.<orig filename>.<extention>

- it views the input on the admin side at the Invoice page, no 'view image' link tho.

No further errors, does any of those things fail to work for you? :?

hi, thanks for the response but this is what i am getting:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/corelabe/public_html/shop/includes/classes/upload.php on line 33

any help is greatly appreciated. . .

I got it working here and it does:

- uploading, it puts the images in the /uploads folder with a name as: <order#+1>.<orig filename>.<extention>

- it views the input on the admin side at the Invoice page, no 'view image' link tho.

No further errors, does any of those things fail to work for you? :?

i think i have solved my own problem. it seems the problem was with php5 and not mysql. in my "upload.php" file i changed line 32

instead of this:

// self destruct

$this = null;

return false;

}

}

}

i put this:

________

// self destruct

unset($this);

return false;

}

}

}

hi, thanks for the response but this is what i am getting:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/corelabe/public_html/shop/includes/classes/upload.php on line 33

any help is greatly appreciated. . .

Anyone have this working well with master products?

I'm also trying to combine these contributions.

At least one problem is in the following code:

?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo $messageStack->output('upload'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php

To be combined with:

<?php  echo '<form name="buy_now_" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave', 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Anyone got the Upload Feature working with Master Producs?

Like Eek said... It never hurts to help!
----------------------------------------

I have installed this contribution, I have finally managed to get everything working other than the 'Click to View' from Orders in Admin.

I am guessing this is down to settings in the htaccess, but I am not sure what I need to do.

Can anyone help

Thanks