• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] File uploads as an Option Feature

I'm pretty sure my problem have something to do with the manner a set up the database to accept the new fields. When I try to upload the database edit that came with the contribution they all give me errors in phpMyAdmin. Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing since I have never tried to do anything like this before.

Any I get this error when I am in the Admin Panel of osCommerce trying to click the Product Attributes button.

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.products_options_types' doesn't exist

select products_options_types_id, products_options_types_name from products_options_types where language_id='1' order by products_options_types_id

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help. All I want to do is add the ability for someone to upload a image with their order. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

-Tron

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure my problem have something to do with the manner a set up the database to accept the new fields. When I try to upload the database edit that came with the contribution they all give me errors in phpMyAdmin. Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing since I have never tried to do anything like this before.

Any I get this error when I am in the Admin Panel of osCommerce trying to click the Product Attributes button.

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.products_options_types' doesn't exist

select products_options_types_id, products_options_types_name from products_options_types where language_id='1' order by products_options_types_id

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help. All I want to do is add the ability for someone to upload a image with their order. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Did you update your database_tables.php page?

SS:20030317

Did you update your database_tables.php page?

Thanks for responding

I just updated the database_tables.php file and I still got the same error. It's only when I try to add product attributes.. which I guess is real important.

Here is my code for that page:

<?php

/*

$Id: database_tables.php,v 1.1 2003/06/20 00:18:30 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define the database table names used in the project

define('TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'address_book');

define('TABLE_ADDRESS_FORMAT', 'address_format');

define('TABLE_BANNERS', 'banners');

define('TABLE_BANNERS_HISTORY', 'banners_history');

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES', 'categories');

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'categories_description');

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'configuration_group');

define('TABLE_COUNTRIES', 'countries');

define('TABLE_CURRENCIES', 'currencies');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', 'customers');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET', 'customers_basket');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES', 'customers_basket_attributes');

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO', 'customers_info');

define('TABLE_LANGUAGES', 'languages');

define('TABLE_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers');

define('TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO', 'manufacturers_info');

define('TABLE_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters');

define('TABLE_ORDERS', 'orders');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS', 'orders_products');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'orders_products_attributes');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD', 'orders_products_download');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY', 'orders_status_history');

define('TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL', 'orders_total');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', 'products');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD', 'products_attributes_download');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION', 'products_description');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS', 'products_notifications');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS', 'products_options');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPES', 'products_options_types');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES', 'products_options_values');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS', 'products_options_values_to_products_options');

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES', 'products_to_categories');

define('TABLE_REVIEWS', 'reviews');

define('TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'reviews_description');

define('TABLE_SESSIONS', 'sessions');

define('TABLE_SPECIALS', 'specials');

define('TABLE_TAX_CLASS', 'tax_class');

define('TABLE_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates');

define('TABLE_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones');

define('TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES', 'zones_to_geo_zones');

define('TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online');

define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones');

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin

define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'link_categories');

define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'link_categories_description');

define('TABLE_LINKS', 'links');

define('TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION', 'links_description');

define('TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'links_to_link_categories');

define('TABLE_LINKS_STATUS', 'links_status');

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

?>

I see the line that call for this table, but I don't know what to do about it. I have installed another contribution in this file (Links Manager) and it runs flawlessly. I personally can't find the that table in the database, but am brand new to working any databases so I could have easily missed it. I did do a search for this table and I got nothing. I'm I'm stumped!

-Tron

Re-load your sql file to update your database...just look for the one that has "products_options_types" in it...

When I reload load the sql files I get errors when it comes across duplicate entries which is ok, right? Now when I search the database for the table "products_options_types", I come up with nothing. However I did see a field in the table "product_options" that read reads "product_option_type" - no "s". Is this my problem? Should this be changed to "types" in the database or should I take the "s" everywhere it appears in the contribution code? Or am I still completely off base where the error is? :huh:

-Tron

Success!!! I Finally I got everything working but.........

My only issue is, and I've seen this question posted throughout this thread but I have not seen the answer. After a file has been uploaded to me, when I go to the uploads folder where the files are located, the files are renamed as "1", "2", "3" and so on. Now if I download them and add the extension (which I can see what they originally name in the order section of the admin panel) I can open them fine. No biggy right now since my volume is low, but I can see this becoming a major hassle if I get busy.

How do I retain the file names of the images people are sending me? I'm guessing this is why the update that involves check the file names on the order page is not letting click to download them?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been answered (I missed it)

-Tron

I think somewhere in this immense thread was described a method to keep the file extension but it seems there were issues with it (not sure, it has been a long time).

As for keeping the whole file name, that would require some very careful coding. It is entirely possible that two people could upload images with the same name. So code would have to be added to catch and deal with that without giving an error message to the customer or letting one file overwrite the other. Also, file names would have to be checked for potentially problematic characters in the file name and altered as needed. For example, Linux doesn't accept spaces in file names and Windows doesn't like more than one " . " (period or decimal) in a file name or file name extensions with more than 3 digits.

We have found that the serialized file naming has actually helped by making it easier to quickly distinguish files that otherwise would have had very similar names.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

I think somewhere in this immense thread was described a method to keep the file extension but it seems there were issues with it (not sure, it has been a long time).

As for keeping the whole file name, that would require some very careful coding. It is entirely possible that two people could upload images with the same name. So code would have to be added to catch and deal with that without giving an error message to the customer or letting one file overwrite the other. Also, file names would have to be checked for potentially problematic characters in the file name and altered as needed. For example, Linux doesn't accept spaces in file names and Windows doesn't like more than one " . " (period or decimal) in a file name or file name extensions with more than 3 digits.

We have found that the serialized file naming has actually helped by making it easier to quickly distinguish files that otherwise would have had very similar names.

Well if that's the case, I can live with the files being named they way they are. :thumbsup:

Any insight as to why I don't get clickable links in the order panel? I'm pretty sure that I installed the last update correctly.

-Tron

• 2 weeks later...

Am having a hell of a time with this....

When creating a new product attribute:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''4')' at line 1

insert into products_options (products_options_id, products_options_name, language_id, special, products_options_type) values ('5', 'Image', '1',0 '4')

[TEP STOP]

Any reason for this?

• 3 weeks later...
Success!!! I Finally I got everything working but.........

My only issue is, and I've seen this question posted throughout this thread but I have not seen the answer. After a file has been uploaded to me, when I go to the uploads folder where the files are located, the files are renamed as "1", "2", "3" and so on. Now if I download them and add the extension (which I can see what they originally name in the order section of the admin panel) I can open them fine. No biggy right now since my volume is low, but I can see this becoming a major hassle if I get busy.

How do I retain the file names of the images people are sending me? I'm guessing this is why the update that involves check the file names on the order page is not letting click to download them?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been answered (I missed it)

I just happened to be installing this for the first time, and was open to that page of the instructions!

To allow uploaded files to retain their names and extensions (i.e.) picture.jpg (instead of being renamed in the form of '1' or '3", Manually edit the file: includes/application_top.php as follows:

a. Search this file for: $products_options_file->set_filename("$insert_id");

b. Replace with: $products_options_file->set_filename("$insert_id" . $products_options_file->filename);

Lou

I keep getting this error.

I've read throug the thread a few times I see nothing like it.

Anybody?

1146 - Table 'belove5_epiphanyetc.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS where products_id = '231' and customers_group_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know if there is another contribution like this I could try. I can't seem to get this to work without help.

My store completely depends on images being uploaded and now they have to e-mail them to me. Also this contib would help with font selection as well.

Would REALLY HELP.

Thanks.

http://www.belove7.com/epiphanyetc/

Does anyone know if there is another contribution like this I could try. I can't seem to get this to work without help.

My store completely depends on images being uploaded and now they have to e-mail them to me. Also this contib would help with font selection as well.

Would REALLY HELP.

Thanks.

http://www.belove7.com/epiphanyetc/

I am using oscMAX. Would that make a big difference?

I am using oscMAX. Would that make a big difference?

I did not have the same problem as you, but I had a similar problem with tables not existing. What I did is manually entered the information below using phpMyAdmin into the osCommerce database:

ALTER TABLE products_options

ADD products_options_type INT( 5 ) NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_length SMALLINT( 2 ) DEFAULT '32' NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_comment VARCHAR( 32 ) ;

ALTER TABLE customers_basket_attributes

ADD products_options_value_text VARCHAR( 32 ) ;

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (169, 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (170, 'Text product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT', '1', 'Numeric value of the text product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (171, 'Radio button product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_RADIO', '2', 'Numeric value of the radio button product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (172, 'Check box product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_CHECKBOX', '3', 'Numeric value of the check box product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (173, 'File product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_FILE', '4', 'Numeric value of the file product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (174, 'ID for text and file oroducts options values', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', '0', 'Numeric value of the products_options_values_id used by the text and file attributes.', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (175, 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (176, 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

CREATE TABLE `products_options_types` (

`products_options_types_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`products_options_types_name` varchar(32) default NULL,

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`products_options_types_id`,`language_id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Track products_options_types';

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (0, 'Select', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (1, 'Text', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (2, 'Radio', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (3, 'Checkbox', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (4, 'File', 1);

For whatever reason I found that just uploading the database additions that came with the contribution didn't load all the necessary database fields. I don't know if this will help you, but I fixed my "table not found" . error. Good luck.

-Tron

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Matt! I got your thread after my post which follows.

Hi!

What a great contribution is File Upload! Notwithstanding I would like to have it bug-free as much as possible:

WHAT IS THE RIGHT VALUE?

In files_uploaded.sql there is the following definition for the field `files_uploaded_name`:

`files_uploaded_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL

So, `files_uploaded_name` is NOT NULL.

However, in both: ReadMe.html - v.7 and joe's_ReadMe.html - v.77 there is the following definition for the same field:

NAME: files_uploaded_name

TYPE: varchar(64)

NULL: Yes

DEFAULT: NULL

Hence, files_uploaded_name IS NULL with a default value of NULL!!!

In sum: How is files_uploaded_name defined? NULL? or NOT NULL?

Thanks in advance for making it clear!

I installed this contribution over a 1 1/2 years ago, so something may have changed, but mine works perfectly as:

with no default set.

Logically, 'files_uploaded_name' is never going to be null since any file that is uploaded will have a name.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

I installed this contribution over a 1 1/2 years ago, so something may have changed, but mine works perfectly as:

with no default set.

Logically, 'files_uploaded_name' is never going to be null since any file that is uploaded will have a name.

It makes sense... if user specify a file. What if he/she forgets about it? Will the sql database create a default name? You should know. It would be fine if you try it. However, since you have 18 months using that definition working fine I think that is your best bet! It's good to know it. Thank for your feedback. By the way, I have been using the NULL definition and It is still working fine. Interesting! Isn't it? (!)

Actually, the fact that it is working either way isn't really mysterious considering how this functions:

If a file is uploaded, it inherently has a name specified in the upload that will overide the default (null or undefined).

If a file isn't uploaded, no record is created and so the default never gets created nor does the "not null" requirement come into play.

If the upload failed (i.e. the end user closed the browser window or the connection was lost), then the record will still be written with the file name that was given.

There isn't a scenario that would invoke the "not null" requirement. So if it is set to "not null", it doesn't cause any errors because the value is never actually null.

When using winmerge and there is code that will be overwritten which file do I sacrifice.

I guess I'm confused in winmerge I see merge left and merge right.

Left being the files frm the contrib and right being files on my server.

It seems theres a difference even though you would think merging is merging.

Am I just confused or...

Which way do I merge?

I did not have the same problem as you, but I had a similar problem with tables not existing. What I did is manually entered the information below using phpMyAdmin into the osCommerce database:

ALTER TABLE products_options

ADD products_options_type INT( 5 ) NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_length SMALLINT( 2 ) DEFAULT '32' NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_comment VARCHAR( 32 ) ;

ALTER TABLE customers_basket_attributes

ADD products_options_value_text VARCHAR( 32 ) ;

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (169, 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (170, 'Text product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT', '1', 'Numeric value of the text product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (171, 'Radio button product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_RADIO', '2', 'Numeric value of the radio button product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (172, 'Check box product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_CHECKBOX', '3', 'Numeric value of the check box product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (173, 'File product option type', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_FILE', '4', 'Numeric value of the file product option type', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (174, 'ID for text and file oroducts options values', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', '0', 'Numeric value of the products_options_values_id used by the text and file attributes.', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (175, 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (176, 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

CREATE TABLE `products_options_types` (

`products_options_types_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`products_options_types_name` varchar(32) default NULL,

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`products_options_types_id`,`language_id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Track products_options_types';

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (0, 'Select', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (1, 'Text', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (2, 'Radio', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (3, 'Checkbox', 1);

INSERT INTO `products_options_types` (`products_options_types_id`, `products_options_types_name`, `language_id`) VALUES (4, 'File', 1);

For whatever reason I found that just uploading the database additions that came with the contribution didn't load all the necessary database fields. I don't know if this will help you, but I fixed my "table not found" . error. Good luck.

I know your error was different. Will entering your code have any affect on the error I have or do I need to alter your code to reflect my error.

I dont see product_groups in there.

BTW products_groups IS in the database. I dont get it.

I know your error was different. Will entering your code have any affect on the error I have or do I need to alter your code to reflect my error.

I dont see product_groups in there.

BTW products_groups IS in the database. I dont get it.

Since I am far from a programing wizard I can't promise you that this code will fix your error. What I will say is that I had a error that said "table product_option_types" was missing. I tried over and over again loading the supplied sql files with no success. I had enough sense to understand that I was missing something in the database, but I had no idea how to go about getting the missing table in there since I thought it should have done it already with the files that came with the contribution. Luckly I found a thread on a message board with the above code and someone advising that you should manually enter this code into phpMyAdmin to solve missing table problems. I did it and presto... no more missing table errors.

From what the thread explain, is this is basically the same code that is in the sql portion of the file up contribution. But for whatever reason when I tried to load it from the contribution it left of these important database tables. I figure it might be worth a try for you since, you have a similar problem to mine. Once again, good luck!

-Tron

When using winmerge and there is code that will be overwritten which file do I sacrifice.

I guess I'm confused in winmerge I see merge left and merge right.

Left being the files frm the contrib and right being files on my server.

It seems theres a difference even though you would think merging is merging.

Am I just confused or...

Which way do I merge?

Think of it this way (assuming you loaded it up with the contribution files on the left), you are merging the contribution into your files. So you would merge to the right.

• 2 weeks later...