• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] File uploads as an Option Feature

Multiple uploads should work as is.  Just make multiple FILE attributes.

Hth,

Matt

Thanks for the reply Matt. However, yes you can make multiple file attributes, i.e. more than one attibute to select a file, but it does not allow you to include the number attribute for each of the files to be uploaded into the cart. i.e 1 of that file and 3 of another etc.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's just the way it works.  You can change this behavior by changing the following line in application_top.php (around 375): 
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? $products_options_file->set_filename("$insert_id");

to (for example)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?$products_options_file->set_filename("$insert_id" . $products_options_file->filename);

Hth,

Matt

I have this line, and it saves the file with its original file name but the admin will not let me "click to see file"

I still don't understand what you mean by this.

Ok, what I am trying to explain, is that although you have the facility to create a number of upload attibutes a one point. EG. allow a person to upload say 5 or 10 items at a time.

However, when these items are placed into the cart, only 1 Quantity attibute is available for all 10 items. What I need to be able to do, is to upload 10 items collectively, then in the cart select different quantity's of each of those items.

Does that make it a little more understandable?

I have been getting this error and can't figure it out. Can anyone here help me?

When you attempt to upload a file:

Error: destination does not exist.

try it here and see the error

Thanks alot, appreciate any help at all..

My customers site is going live this weekend and I am screwed without this contribution running :blink:

Ok, what I am trying to explain, is that although you have the facility to create a number of upload attibutes a one point.  EG. allow a person to upload say 5 or 10 items at a time.

However, when these items are placed into the cart, only 1 Quantity attibute is available for all 10 items.  What I need to be able to do, is to upload 10 items collectively, then in the cart select different quantity's of each of those items.

Hmm. The presumption is that all uploads are going to be related to the same item. If you want to add multiple items at the same time, I would suggest looking to see if anyone ever finished the Master Products with Attributes module.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

I have had the same problem.  Set it up as provided and the "click to view" link does not appear.  Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

I have a similar problem. As an admin I don't see anything under the customers order to "Click to view" I can see the uploaded image file and it's name within the client order but nothing to click on to view or save the photo. I also checked the order while logged in as the user that uploaded the photo... As the customer logged in I also cannot click on anything to download or view the uploaded image. Any ideas why I am not able to view or even downloaded an uploaded image file?

Rob.

A big hello from germany. Looks like i am stuck with this contrib and need some help from you osc-gurus out there.

Since i have built in some contribs like BTS and the option type V.1.6 i had to merge the File upload contrib by hand. I did id very carefully using ExDIFF to compare my files and the files provided in the contribution package. I did as the read me told, and i was able to create an upload option, which is shown up on product_info.php . I even managed to get the upload_progress window from this thread running. But the fuzz is: No file is being uploaded. Neither something happens in the images/uploads directory, nor anything is written in the Table files-uploaded. But i don't recieve any error message either. You can check this out under this link, wich leads to a product_info.php with a product that needs a file-upload.

Does anybody have an Idea how to fix this?

every piece of help is glady apreciated.

Beg your pardon for my english. :blush:

Looks like i have located the Problem:

<input type="file" name="id[' . TEXT_PREFIX . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']"><br>' . $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes_values'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']] . tep_draw_hidden_field(UPLOAD_PREFIX . $number_of_uploads, $products_options_name['products_options_id']) . tep_draw_hidden_field(TEXT_PREFIX . UPLOAD_PREFIX . $number_of_uploads, $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes_values'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']]);

If i open the source code of the product_info.php (when i open the Page in my browser), it seems that the last hidden field has no value.

So if i change $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes_values'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']] to anything else, i.e. "test", the hidden field gets the value of "test" .

Does anybody can help me with this?

Andre, if I had to guess, I would say that something changed names. I.e. one of $cart, [$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], or $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] has changed in some way that it is not recognizing the value. I would look higher in the file and see if you can see other places where those names are used. You might also have to check includes/classes/shopping_cart.php for changes.

Hth,

Matt

How would I set Up a "null" Item for each attribute?

The way the attributes are set up a customer is "forced" to make a selection from every attribute associated with an item. So if I had lets say for example butter scotch candies for sale and I offered some choices like.

Butter scotch hard candies delivered to your door just in time for the Holidays. Each package contains 6 wonderful ponds of Mouth Watering Butter Scotch Candies.

Available Options...

Packaging

Decorative tin

Plastic Tumbler

Birthday Pack

And my customer just wants the candy without the specialty containers!

I would like the attributes to display more like...

Packaging

Selections (If nothing is chosen then add no attribute to cart)

Decorative tin

Plastic Tumbler

Birthday Pack

Hope I have made this clear enough to understand. Is this possible to do? How would I go about Doing It?

I have an error in my admin after installing the contribution..... and I am not really that versed at database stuff so could someone please gimme a hand on solving this problem:

1146 - Table 'Freshair.TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPES' doesn't exist

select products_options_types_id, products_options_types_name from TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPES where language_id='1' order by products_options_types_id

[TEP STOP]

it seems simple to solve if you know what you are doing, but alas I do not :D

THanks in advance.

Graphicpoet

You are missing a line in admin/includes/database_tables.php : 
  define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPES', 'products_options_types');

Hth,

Matt

THanks alot Matt. ANY clues as to why I get this error on my site index?:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/X/XXXXXXX/htdocs/XXXX/includes/header.php on line 51

header1.jpg

Thanks again and in advance :thumbsup:

ANY clues as to why I get this error on my site index?:

It looks like you commented out the MessageStack line without introducing it elsewhere. The contribution needs to move
// infobox
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'boxes.php');

// initialize the message stack for output messages
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack;

from after the shopping cart actions to before in the includes/application_top.php file.

Hth,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Matt or guys:

I have installed this add-on and it works well. Thanks for the great contribution. My business of custom printing requires further that I can compose/integrate user's upload image onto a background image, say photo of t-shirt, so that user can preview how it looks like if his upload image is printed on t-shirt or other commodities...

I can't do programming. I am very willing to pay if anyone can develop such a feature for me. Thanks!

If you are kind and interested, you can post a reply or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks again!

Michael Lee

Dear Matt or guys:

I have installed this add-on and it works well. Thanks for the great contribution. My business of custom printing requires further that I can compose/integrate user's upload image onto a background image, say photo of t-shirt, so that user can preview how it looks like if his upload image is printed on t-shirt or other commodities...

I can't do programming. I am very willing to pay if anyone can develop such a feature for me. Thanks!

If you are kind and interested, you can post a reply or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks again!

Michael Lee

GD Library has functions like gdImageCopy or gdImageCopyMerge can do the job to compose/integrate two images. The key is to insert this part of codes into the original contribution...

I can't do programming...so I need help.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

I have a problem here and am trying to resolve it. This contribution works well, however if a tick box is selected, it loads up a broken graphic.

This is odd, because no graphics have been associated with the upload. So. Using the coffee cup example as shown in the contribution, if text were applied in the form, or a tick box to select the uploading module puts an empty broken graphic in the cart.

Any clues?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

After I succeed uploading "files_uploaded.sql" I failed to load "insert_text_option_value.sql":

Error

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO products_options_values( products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name )

VALUES ( 0, 1, 'TEXT' )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 1

Also, I failed to load "option_type_feature.sql":

Error

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE products_options ADD products_options_type INT( 5 ) NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_length SMALLINT( 2 ) DEFAULT '32' NOT NULL ,

ADD products_options_comment VARCHAR( 32 )

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_options_type'

I have installed Option Type Feature v1.6 and File Uploads .77.

I know for TEXT and FILE option types, it will automatically add PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT to the TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS.

But, I met a problem. If I edit any Product Option in admin/products_attributes.php, all records of PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT (products_options_values_id=0, that is TEXT) in TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS will disappear by themselves.

Is it normal?

Michael Lee

I'd like to assist with having an moving GIF indicating file uploading or a Flash file showing upload percentage so that the customer will have some feedback during uploading.

How would this be implemented and which files would need to be adjusted, other than catalog/product_info.php?

Thanks, in advance!

Great contribution....works great.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this question before but I think it was directed to the wrong topic.

Hello everyone. I have file_feature-.77 installed which works great! I am now trying to update the Option Type for the newest revision and am having a heck of a time.

Has anyone done this? I could really use some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Raymond

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have successfully installed the upload contribution - works great!! Thanks Matt

However I cannot get the

27 Apr 2004 - Enhancement to "File Upload .77 (for PA - Option Type Feature)"  Author: Sudheer Yakkala

This is a small enhancement to the contribution "File Upload .77 (for PA - Option Type Feature)"

When the customer Uploads a file for a product, there is no provision for the site admin to see it from interface.

Instead of going to the 'uploads' directory physically and check for the file uploaded by the user, this enhancement will facilitate the admin to view the same from the orders page.

Any feedback is welcome

-Sudheer

[ [email protected] ]

to work - I have also tried the bug fix by Claus Christensen on 26th Aug 2004

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance

Ali