The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] File uploads as an Option Feature

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like it's been awhile since this has seen any support, but here goes!

I am stuck in the install process on step 2. I get to this point "After backing up all files to be replaced, replace all other files listed in table below with the supplied versions." The problem is, there is NO table below. Right below the box this is in, the next thing is Step 3.

I see all the files in their folders after I unzipped the package, but if I just copy those files, won't I ruin any updated files I already have? Does anyone know where to get the manual install information for these files?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I need to install this adds-on in my project.

I have downloaded and installed, but i dont know how to operate.

I need "Image Upload" option in Products_info.php file. No other option is requried.

I never seen any screenshot or steps in Readme.html file.

Could anyone post screenshot for this contribution?

Please help me.

Thanks

Prem

• 4 weeks later...

What a fantastic contrib, many thanks indeed.

Took 15mins or so fiddling to get as I wanted, but I now can have multiple uploads per product i.e front and back as a print shop, also have the customers images shown in the checkout box as a preview and also the uploading graphic to show users it is uploading and to wait.

to anyone having problems, go through the pages in detail in this thread, everything you need is there just takes a while to find it all if you have a problem

• 2 weeks later...
What a fantastic contrib, many thanks indeed.

Took 15mins or so fiddling to get as I wanted, but I now can have multiple uploads per product i.e front and back as a print shop, also have the customers images shown in the checkout box as a preview and also the uploading graphic to show users it is uploading and to wait.

to anyone having problems, go through the pages in detail in this thread, everything you need is there just takes a while to find it all if you have a problem

WOW I am quite impressed with the contribution I think it is a wonderful idea. I have a print shop and am trying to do all the things you mentioned on my site. I have really tried to follow the thread but I am getting lost a long while ago. Would you share your code and instructions that actually work. I am not sure if I am slightly crazy or what and maybe I am doing EVERYTHING wrong but noting seems to work.

I appreciate your help!!

HMMMM....Community Support.

I am not sure whether it is more supportive to GET NO HELP for a person NEW to Oscommerce or if it is better

than getting the files, uploading your files only to be blocked out of your entire WEBSITE with this type of message.

Warning: main(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/23/d244558272/htdocs/CrystalclearimagesBEPO/BEPO/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/Greenmania/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/23/d244558272/htdocs/CrystalclearimagesBEPO/BEPO/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/Greenmania/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 126

Its pretty disheartening to get no help then read threads and act accordingly ten come to a sudden halt as a result...

THANKS???????

:( Id rather just pay someone to built the site than to expect one thing and get the opposite.

I appreciate your help!!

Hello everyone...

Like on Post 361 Esteban already had asked - until now there is no reply...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1039211

Is it possible to attach the uploaded images (jpg, tif, pdf, etc.) to the order-email the shop-owner (in this case: me, myself and I) will receive after the order is confirmed by the customer?

And is it possible to get the upload-procedure the customer had to do (if he choose a product, which requires an uploaded image) for any product he choose on the page of the checkout_confirmation.php - without uploading, the customer can't send the order to me...

I like to know this information BEFORE I install the File_Upload.7

Thank you for answering...

Scratrat

• 4 weeks later...

Help,

I am getting the error with the uploads.php file that a number of others have gotten

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /home2/.../includes/classes/upload.php on line 119

When I click the add to cart button.

The file upload okay, but nothing is added to the cart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have seen the problem listed a number of times but not a solution that works,

Thanx,

Bruce

Help,

I am getting the error with the uploads.php file that a number of others have gotten

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /home2/.../includes/classes/upload.php on line 119

When I click the add to cart button.

The file upload okay, but nothing is added to the cart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have seen the problem listed a number of times but not a solution that works,

Thanx,

Bruce

I did finally find the problem on this one. As I saw in an earlier post I messagestack section to before the cart function in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

// initialize the message stack for output messages
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack;

// Shopping cart actions

Which led to another error, this was fixed by moving the infobox to just above the messagestack.

// infobox
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'boxes.php');

// initialize the message stack for output messages
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack;

// Shopping cart actions

This is actually how it is shown in the application_top.php file included with the file upload feature v8 package.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...

im not sure if anyone is still maintaining the forum and the contribution, i hope so.

firstly ive been pouring over the code trying to fix this problem, and frankly what you've done is way over my head smile.gif

i've been trying to get it working with a new wordpress oscommerce mashup called wposc. and its going well, it works and uploads the files, adding them to the directly as its supposed to do. but then i tried to add a text field and the information is carried all the way through the process (as far as i can tell) as part of the product_id, but then when it comes to the confirmation email from the shop, or the the admin orders panel, it just says :

First Name: TEXT

File Upload: TEXT

ive been trying to figure out how to make it display the text which is entered at the product info page, but have pretty much no idea. is that information kept in the database like the name of the file which is uploaded? is the file name of the file uploaded kept retrievable by the admin panel somewhere?

i'd really apprieciate any help with this...

thanks.

paul.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help with thi frustration I seem to be having.... Although it may be small, I've been trying to sort it for days and not seeming to be getting to the bottom of it!

I have installed the File Feature 8 release to a clean copy of OSCOMMERCE installed on a web server. Now I have gone through all of the install steps, made all of the relevent changes and after testing it looked like it all worked fine.... However, when it came to finding the 'uploaded file' i can't find it anywhere (/upload directory is a give away but it wasn't there!).

These are the steps that have worked fine:

1) Creating the option type - fine

2) When ordering the 'free text box' and file upload box with browse are present on the item

3) When pressing 'buy now' it takes a little time to process depending on the file size.

4) On the 'confirm your order' it displays both the mage file name and the free text

5) An email is recieved with the order confirmation with the free text and file name include

.... when browsing the webspace I just can't see where the image has uploaded to... or if it hasn't actually done it!

Can anyone give me a few pointers as to where the problem might lay, wether there is anything I can do to trace the process or even if anyone has had the same problem themselves and has a fix.

Any help would be really greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

Andy

This contribution is a must for ecommerce sites. Thank you to whoever developed it. I have version v2.2 RC2 and the directions on where to put the new code are very hard to follow. I have done it many times and I can get it to "kind of" work but my images are not being uploaded (no error message...just not uploading). I'm sure it is because of something I've missed in the directions. Does anyone have documentation on code replacement/additions for this new version??

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I try to use image upload module to put in into the shopping_cart.php file.

I want user to upload an image only if he have it in cart, but the code witch i paste from product_info.php doesn't put any data in page ( it puts only simple <table> </table> and that's it.

does anyone else has any clue how to fix this problem?

cheers. em.

This contribution is a must for ecommerce sites. Thank you to whoever developed it. I have version v2.2 RC2 and the directions on where to put the new code are very hard to follow. I have done it many times and I can get it to "kind of" work but my images are not being uploaded (no error message...just not uploading). I'm sure it is because of something I've missed in the directions. Does anyone have documentation on code replacement/additions for this new version??

thanks

did you set chmod 777 to upload destination folder?

it is usually forgotten.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I would like to know how I can make it so that a person uploads a picture as an option and then also have a option to select how many they want to purchase of the product instead of readding it to cart one after another. I also want to be able to show them the picture they uploaded on the checkout_confirmation page and preview it right after they upload the picture.

I'm making a shirt business where someone can upload a logo/pic to put on a shirt and buy quantities of it. Any help on how I can achieve the effect I want would be glady appreciated.

This contribution isn't really supported anymore. You might get better luck with Option Types v2 which is based on this contribution, along with the AJAX Attribute Manager. In particular, I believe that it includes image preview for logged in users. I probably should create an updated version of this contribution that points this out.

You should be able to adjust quantity on the shopping cart page (in either contribution). You could also add one of the quantity update mods (on the product_info page) along with these contributions. They should be reasonably compatible.

Always back up before making changes.