• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modification questions

Proenski

Hi there,

As a newbie I still have figured out some stuff but I still have the following questions concerning the customisation of osC:

First of all how can I add the login possibility to the navigation/ breadcrum bar (next to "my account")?

Secondly: what is the right way to customize the images used; replacing them with your own using the osC name??

Finally: what is the correct way to alter the left and right colom; cut and paste code and/ or out comment items??

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking for the same answers too. I have been messing around with the codes and see what it does. In the demo I manage to delete the currency box and the language box. Those I don't need. Other than that I'm still experimenting.

One thing I want to change is the Category box. I want to change the heading from "Categories" to Products. Also I would like to add another box below with few topics/links just like the Information box.

That wiki site doesn't hold the information I want either :(

And I did search the forum but couldn't find the right answers...

The only thing I did find was where to alter the right and left colum boxes (indeed cut and paste). So if you could help us on those other items I would be thankful

Question 1) I just want to add the ability to login placed on the header/ navigation bar next to "my account". I know the bar is located in the header.php but what is the code I need to add that item?

Question 2) For obvious reasons I don't want to use the pictures the default shop uses. So HOW do I replace them? Make new ones and rename them to the original names??

I can't put it any clearer than this :(

ok in reply to number 2 about changing the default pics

check this page out

Page here

the above page has all the names of the images ( button sets ) so you just create that name it with the same name and upload to

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/

this as far as the buttons are concerned

for the rest of the pics

just download the pics from the catalog/images thing and open them in acdsee or photoshop and see what they look like create a new one and name it with the same thing

for the first quiestion now

open header.php

go down find this

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>
   <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
   <?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?>

and add this below it

<?php if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>
   <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation">
   <?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?>

hope it works

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys, quick question: when youre putting the login option in the header like that - does it mean that 'log-off' gets removed from your header - or are you managing to keep both, as obviously it would be desireable to keep the log-off option for the customer as well?- Sean :)

Archived