• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to list products like Lil Devil mtr sports?

cgchris99

I stumbled across this persons site based on another discussion.

How can I create my product listings like this. I am using MS1

On this persons site, when you select Electrical and then Alarms, you get a nice listing with pic on the left, product name with a brief description under with a "More>>" link.

How can I do this on my listings ?

Thanks for any advice

I stumbled across this persons site based on another discussion.

How can I create my product listings like this. I am using MS1

On this persons site, when you select Electrical and then Alarms, you get a nice listing with pic on the left, product name with a brief description under with a "More>>" link.

How can I do this on my listings ?

Thanks for any advice

Well the code is mostly there already. You just need to make sure you display the small image associated with each product. Oh yea... I have one of the 3 image contributions installed. don't recall which one exactly as I tweaked in anyways....

You have some nice stuff on your site. beside the products, your contributions and store design are nice.

I just put in your "all manufacturers" contribution. Very nice.

Two more things.

1) would you be willing to show me a little code on how you did the Item name and brief description on your product listings

2) Your Package tracking. Is that a contribution? If yes, which one?

Thanks for your help

You have some nice stuff on your site.  beside the products, your contributions and store design are nice.

I just put in your "all manufacturers" contribution.  Very nice.

Two more things.

1) would you be willing to show me a little code on how you did the Item name and brief description  on your product listings

2)  Your Package tracking.  Is that a contribution?  If yes, which one?

Thanks for your help

in the product listing module, there is a case section for each element listed. if you locate the product_list_description section which for me is about line 247, the following is the code I use for my store. remember I am pretty customized so may require some tweaks:

$lc_text .= '<br><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td class="productDesc">' . tep_flatten_product_description($listing['products_description'],  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . TEXT_MORE . '</a>') . '</td></tr></table>';

are you referring to my tracking.php page? just borrowed some code for several different contribs and adapted it to my use. pretty simple code actually....