• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Engine Safe URLS

Kaiser Soze

Are there any known problems with the search engine safe URLs switch? In the admin section it says "Under development". I assume there are known problems with this feature, but I don't know where to look to find out what they are. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

for heaven's sake do not use the feature for handling SEFU (se friendly url's) feature from admin. It doesn't help all the way.

I myself paid someone USD 85 to get this done well and good. There's no one single trick available to do it.

Rgds

PP

So far I've read more or less -- "don't use SFURL's" and "I've used them & had no problems". Ok. But I still don't know what the problem is.

Is it a problem with OSC? Is it a problem with SFURL's in general? Is it that some search engines don't like them???? I.e., they're really not friendly?

If it is a problem with OSC, is there any reason I shouldn't use mod_rewrite to correct the problem -- and I'm pretty sure I can. Of course if SFURL's themselves are a problem then I won't put in the effort.

I need some enlightenment about the nature of the problem, I might be able to fix it if I understood what the problem was.

Archived