• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

commerce without cash...

sjintago

Hey all,

I am considering osCommerce for my site but I have a question some of you might be able to help me with.

The site I am installing this on will be used by food service employees at locations around the state. These employees work in kitchens at fraternities and sororities making meals for hundreds of college kids. The meals are planned by our master chef who also creates the menu for each location.

They will be using this, or something like it, to place food orders to the master chef, who then places the orders to the food distribution companies and has it shipped to each location

So what I want to do is basically build an online "pantry" where they choose items and quantities of said items for that month?s menu.

Can this be done with osCommerce? a shopping cart without prices?

I look forward to any help.

-Sjintago

A very good idea, although I have not used osc for long I have been playing with a contrib called virtual mall, this is an osc install with many shops inside all having their own items, and having their own stock

I would think this would work for you as all you need is instead of shops, have schools or whatever, and food menus for each of them when orders go come from each location to master chef allowing him to order and dispatch direct to each location.

This would infact allow the master chef to supply different menus for each location.

make sense :D

Hope this helps, I have not got link to contrib but its called virtual mall just do a search in the contribs section of osc main site.

Need more help let me now... :D

Archived