• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Acquiring Secure Site License Certificate.

kcantin

Hello all,

I am looking for some pointers on acquiring a ssl either from verisign or thwate whomever is cheaper and easier to work with. I just completed my first oscommerce installation which went pretty smooth, great software!! I am running apache seb server on a FreeBsd box. What I need to know initially is what steps do I take in acquiring a SSL for my client and, how do I apply it to thier store? I've never setup a cert under IIS (windows) or apache before. Second, I have heard of some recommended security features within the oscommerce configurations and I was wondering what is the recommended settings for the most secure site possible without loosing flexibility? I'm not even sure where to access these security settings as of yet so, I know I have a lot to learn. lol

I'll probably have more questions down the road but, atleast this will get our client to the point where they can uplod thier merchandise to the site and start getting farmiliar with oscommerce. Thank you for any assistance in advance....

Best Regards,

~Kevin

Kevin J. Cantin

Archived