• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Give the customer sorting options?

I was visiting another site today (MGBowling.com) which offers its customers choices in how to sort the products displayed. Now, theirs breaks when you try anything besides "Alphabetical", but I'm sure this can't be a difficult thing to implement. Has anyone done this? I didn't find a contribution doing this precise thing, nor did I find anything when doing a search through the forums (my apologies if it's there and I simply didn't search on the right term).

Help?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

You can already sort them.

If you go to your products display list, you will see a + next to the products name. This means they are sorted alphabetically by product name

If you click on any other title eg price, it will sort them by price, most expensive first. If you click again, it will resort them, cheapest first.

Nope. Not what I meant. But thanks ;-)

I want to have a specific place where it's obvious for the customer how to sort the page in different ways.

I'm sorry, but for me, I'd *never* realize what those "+"'s and "-"'s were for unless I'd read it here in the forums. I want actual links like at the MGBowling.com site. Know what I mean?

why not change those "+"'s and "-"'s in the code to say whatever you like? and it will be the same as the other site,

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

Archived