• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Invalis Shipper Postal Code

jwsfun

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

I keep getting the following error:

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

Invalid ShipperPostalCode

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I have US and the correct zipcode listed in My Admin, in both "my store" and "shipping/packaging", so I do not understand why this error continally appears. I've even uploaded my backups for BOTH ups.php files (catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php AND catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ups.php) and nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hmm.. have you looked in Configuration, Shipping/Packaging lately? The reason i ask is because i had set the ship from zip code but then i was getting the UPS Error you mentioned. I went back in there and it was blank!!! This happened to me a few times, i couldn't figgure it out. The last time i edited the zip code, i then clicked on Country of Origin before exiting to the catalog section of the admin. This isssue has not happend to me again. :ph34r:

It's a Zoo in Here, Literaly...

Umm...No offense meant, but "looked at configuration, shipping/packaging lately" was EXACTLY WHAT I'D BEEND DOING for the previous hour or so before I posted this topic. As I mentioned, in My Admin, under Configuration and "My Store", my zipcode is listed properly. Under Configuration and "Shipping/Packaging", the first line contains "US" for country code, and the second line contains "19335" for the postal code.

Now, here's something funny: If I go into My Admin and alter the postal (zip) code, and then go back and attempt a "test order", the USPS shipping module will catch the error EVERY SINGLE TIME. So, I simply go back and change it back to what it's supposed to be, run the "test order" again and I get the same damn thing: UPS tells me I have a "Invalid ShipperPostal Code". Meanwhile, USPS isand waiting with the correct information displayed.

Sorry about that last bit...I hit the wrong key (ha ha) and the topic posted before I knew what was going on :D

Anyway, as I was saying, after I run a "test order" (after switching the zipcode back to the way it should appear), I still get the error from UPS, but USPS shipping will function as it should.

I've installed fresh ups.phps as well but it seems to make no difference. It's really very aggravating because I've had an account with UPS for several years now and I want to be able to use them for my online sales as I do elsewhere. I'm certainly no hand-coding "god", but it makes no sense that the UPS error is persistently returned time and time again when the postal code is listed CORRECTLY in My Admin.

Maybe my town has suddenly vanished into another realm or plane of existence where the color brown isn't in the scheme of nature there...I just don't know anymore <_<

Archived