• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation - problem uploading to server

leeolive

Hi

I have downloaded oscommerce-2.2ms2. I will do this in point form so it's clear.

I am going through the instructions at http://wiki.oscommerce.com/Top

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it using winzip. I downloaded the oscommerce folder to c:/ .

I am still confucious..

1. "Upload the /catalog/admin directories to your server using FTP to upload files."

So, I uploaded (using Cuteftp) the entire local catalog folder (containing these folders:pubinstall,includes,images,donwloads,admin and other files) to the server. I placed the catalog folder in mydomainname/htdocs

On the server, would then be:

mydomainname/htdocs/catalog/all the folders mentioned above

The server does not seem to like it. It gets to a certain transfer point and then 'closes abnormally'. I'm guessing it's because there's a zip file within one of the folders. Whatever it is, I have tried twice and it is not happy.

If anyone knows the answer to that question..Should I have unzipped all files within the catalog folder? Am I missing a step?

Also,

1. Where locally should I place the oscommerce folder once it has been downloaded?

2. Obviously, if am going to work on oscommerce locally ie. within notepad and then upload the files, I need to repeat all steps(ie. placement of folders etc) locally, so that the structure is the same. So must I leave the local oscommerce folder exactly as is?

Thanks!

Lee ;)

Archived