• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I have a big problem with OSCommerce 2.2 MS2. I just installed the oscommerce store and everything worked fine. Now I installed STS 2.01. I copied all the filed in to my include folder and i added the lines to my configure.php. But now when i want to go to the shops mainpage nothing happens. There is only a simply white page. I didnt changed the sts_template.html.

What shell i do??? Do I have to change something in the sts_template.html??? I thought it would work wth a standard view.

Thanks for ur help

LED

Is anyone using one of the Page Title/Header contributions with STS? Specifically, one that will alter the page title to match the category name or product name? If so, which one works best with STS?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I've installed sts template system and I think its great...!

However I am having a major problem with the popup image function. In the product pages, when I click 'click to enlarge' nothing happens??

I have added the javascript code to the <HEAD> section as discussed earlier in this topic, yet this doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Ive searched around the forum for ages and have still had no luck..

This is a link to my catalog .. any help would be greatly apprecitated!!

cant see the JS in the head ... ??

ps. nice shop.

thanks..

this is the JS code that i have placed in the head..

</script>

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,
resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=15
0,left=150')
}
//--></script>

is this right??

this problem is really starting to bug me now... lol..

thanks..

this is the JS code that i have placed in the head..

</script>

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,
resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=15
0,left=150')
}
//--></script>

is this right??

this problem is really starting to bug me now... lol..

no worries.. all fixed! :D

jonsimons,

How did you fixed it?

I copied this code in the <HEAD> section of sts_template.html :

?window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

Edited by jonsimons

I installed STS 2.01 on the server. The server is Apache with osCOmmerce 2.2MS2. i modified the configure.php file with the STS// info and put all the files into the /includes directory.

osCommerce runs fine but the template only displays the template. In other words it doesn't pull the information in using the $tags.

Is there something else I need to do? I thought the template file would work without any tweaking.

Please let me know what I need to do with the template or any other file in order for the tags to pull information into the webpage.

Thanks.

I think I get it now. It seems the template is applied to the index.php file. What needs to be in the index.php file so STS can apply the template? I'm assuming there must be some php calls in there but I have no idea what.

Please help! :blink:

I installed STS 2.01 on the server. The server is Apache with osCOmmerce 2.2MS2. i modified the configure.php file with the STS// info and put all the files into the /includes directory.

osCommerce runs fine but the template only displays the template. In other words it doesn't pull the information in using the $tags.

Is there something else I need to do? I thought the template file would work without any tweaking.

Please let me know what I need to do with the template or any other file in order for the tags to pull information into the webpage.

Thanks.

Hi all, I have now ended up here in my search for answers. Maybe this time it will be a match.

This program sounds great, the sts template system. However I am finding it alittle thick to understand with so many other things too like:

I need to be able to modify the text content in catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php The first page of OsC.

I am trying to learn how to use an editor like NOTEPAD or any good editor that will allow me to modify the content. I still dont understand how to download the file to modify it and upload it back to the server. Which editor? How to?? Now there is this sts template system to find out about and decide if I should install it.

This is alot all at once, but very very cool stuff. All I am asking is for some basic help in the right direction. I have a fresh install of OsCommerce and I dont want to nuke it again.

So, how do I use an editor to Download and edit the index.php in catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php??

Is sts template system something that will help me to make modifications easier? or Will sts template system just add to more complicattions in the future?

Thanks for letting me wine alittle here.

All replies are greatly appriciated!!!!!

Dino :D

I agree Cabazon. I would like to know how or what I can modify on the index.php file so that the template is diplayed as a live page. Does the main page have to be PHP? What calls does it still need in it to display items from the sts_template file.

If someone could show how to modify index.php so it uses sts_template, that would be great. Remember we don't know PHP here...

:D

Hi all, I have now ended up here in my search for answers. Maybe this time it will be a match.

This program sounds great, the sts template system. However I am finding it alittle thick to understand  with so many other things too like:

I need to be able to modify the text content in catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php  The first page of OsC.

I am trying to learn how to use an editor like NOTEPAD or any good editor that will allow me to modify the content. I still dont understand how to download the file to modify it and upload it back to the server. Which editor? How to?? Now there is this sts template system to find out about and decide if I should install it.

This is alot all at once, but very very cool stuff. All I am asking is for some basic help in the right direction. I have a fresh install of OsCommerce and I dont want to nuke it again. 

So, how do I use an editor to Download and edit the index.php in catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php??

Is sts template system something that will help me to make modifications easier? or Will sts template system just add to more complicattions in the future?

Thanks for letting me wine alittle here.

All replies are greatly appriciated!!!!!

Dino  :D

Hello All,

I searched and searched and read many posts but still am not able to figure out if it's possible to achieve. My eyes are hurting and I still haven't figured it out.

Please go to: Example

http://www.advanceg.com/index.php?cPath=38

? Notice how he has "price" on each product on the category page! I'm looking for a solution to reach that with STS. So that all categories will have products and their prices! I have the name and buy now button, but still missing the pricing?

? I also like the way he did the shopping cart. Any ideas on that? To actually add instead of display each product?

? What is the form code for Quantity box to be used on Product_info page?

All help greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance! :-"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

Got it to work! It was a fix in product_listing.php page.

Still trying to figure out what's the Quantity form to be added on the product_info pages?

Thanks.

Hello All,

I searched and searched and read many posts but still am not able to figure out if it's possible to achieve. My eyes are hurting and I still haven't figured it out.

Please go to: Example

http://www.advanceg.com/index.php?cPath=38

? Notice how he has "price" on each product on the category page! I'm looking for a solution to reach that with STS. So that all categories will have products and their prices! I have the name and buy now button, but still missing the pricing?

? I also like the way he did the shopping cart. Any ideas on that? To actually add instead of display each product?

? What is the form code for Quantity box to be used on Product_info page?

All help greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance! :-"

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

Got the quantity to work as well.

Just a fix in application_top and used input field!

Got it to work! It was a fix in product_listing.php page.

Still trying to figure out what's the Quantity form to be added on the product_info pages?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

Hello, I'm trying to install STS and have great hopes for it. But I'm getting some errors, probably from the configuration.php file. I did the advanced install and hopefully followed the readme instructions!

Here is the error I get:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /a/dogbark/bountifulpantry.com/htdocs/catalog/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /a/dogbark/bountifulpantry.com/htdocs/catalog/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:') in /a/dogbark/bountifulpantry.com/htdocs/catalog/index.php on line 13

Any clues would be very much appreciated. This is a work in progress, and I'm very new to OS Commerce (3 days!)

Thanks,

Janet

Here is the error I get:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:') in /a/dogbark/bountifulpantry.com/htdocs/catalog/index.php on line 13

Got it... never mind... duh! I have other errors now, but am looking through the forum to see if it's been answered. :rolleyes:

Just did the Template install for admin as instructed by JAXX but no great luck!

My admin gives me no hope as it worked fine while I was crunching number templates per each product.

Here's the error in admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, pd.products_sts_templ_filename, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '30'

[TEP STOP]

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

I currently have the template system. I have installed corners for my boxes and the relevant files. For my category box and manufacturer box, the right corner keeps dissapearing on me, despite have the infoboxcontents marked as true on the category.php and manufacturers.php. The only conclusion is the template system is overriding everything. how can I correct this?