• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Okay,

I am having an issue with STS and dynamenu when doing vertical flyouts.

I have FINALLY gotten these two contributions to work together with flyouts (may have been working before, cause I just noticed something).

Here is my problem:

The flyout menu appears in the wrong location!!! But only when I'm using a template. When not using a template, it flys out correctly.

The flyout is starting at the VERY BOTTOM of the page, on the far left hand side. Outside of where ANYTHING should be located.

Now, this only happens when using a STS template (I've tried several, all with no luck).

Any help or tips would be appreciated. I've used firebug to try and find the problem and it is showing that the 3 DIV ID's for the 3 primary categories (new test OSC shop) show up after the footer.

Please help!!

You can see the test store http://nalsworkshop....osorc/index.php

Naloomi

thumbsup.gif Have you looked in the STS Power Pack site (site for all STS addons) and compare what I have uploaded there with your files?

The problem is not STS but how you installed Dynamenu to work in a STS template.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

While I have not done that specifically, I have taken the stsdynamenu file that I got from Sounds Good Productions earlier today, copied the files directly from the zip file to the virgin osCommerce files, replacing the original files with the changed ones from within that zip file.

Naloomi

Well, let's look at the error...

1. Template file does not exist
    Let's assume that we are missing a template here
  2. includes/sts_templates/single/boxes/infobox.php.html
    It would appear that you are missing infobox.php.html

What is happening here is that you are not running a fresh install. If you were, you would not be requiring the infobox template. I would have to think that you configured your STS Default Module to use the Infobox Template feature along with using the "Single" template set.

The STS User Manual explains each template set in Chapter 10, which tells us that the "Single" template set does not use the infobox template feature so you shouldn't turn it on for that template set. If you turn on the Infobox Template feature (set it to true), then STS will look for at least a default infobox template (infobox.php.html) in a "boxes" folder, inside the current template set.

STS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. thumbsup.gif

Where exactly is the user manual? I don't see it in my files.

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

Hi,

I cannot add a boxes in the column after installing the latest STS. Please tell me which files to edit so I can display the boxes in the colum instead now it says $categorybox$, etc. Image below.

I can see that file "sts_template.html" has same texts as $categorybox$ and all other similar texts that are displayed in left and right columns. but don't know the code that replaces this text so I can display the category box instead of $categorybox$ text.

Untitled-1.png?t=1266601889

Hi,

I cannot add a boxes in the column after installing the latest STS. Please tell me which files to edit so I can display the boxes in the colum instead now it says $categorybox$, etc. Image below.

I can see that file "sts_template.html" has same texts as $categorybox$ and all other similar texts that are displayed in left and right columns. but don't know the code that replaces this text so I can display the category box instead of $categorybox$ text.

Untitled-1.png?t=1266601889

Notice how the entire page is being included in the middle "content" area? This shows that you modified the STS Default Module incorrectly. Change it back to the default settings and then only change the template set to what you want and set Use Infobox templates and Use Tempaltes to True. The problem is what you changed in the "Files to include" section of the module.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I don't understand what you said, sorry, here is the setting I have set in the modules from admin area.

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

freeosc_060

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Are they correct. I still cant find out how to include those boxes on the side in the STS template

Hi,

I don't understand what you said, sorry, here is the setting I have set in the modules from admin area.

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

freeosc_060

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Are they correct. I still cant find out how to include those boxes on the side in the STS template

Those settings are correct. OK. That tells me something else is not configured correctly regarding your osCommerce shop. Did you make the mistake of setting the "Use Search Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" to TRUE in your ADMIN | Configuration settings? If so, change it to FALSE.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for your quick reply,

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) is already set to false

here is my include/sts_templates/freeosc_060/sts_template.html file

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<?php

/*

Copyright (c) Freeoscommerce.com 2009

This file is part of a freeoscommerce.com template.  Please visit http://www.freeoscommerce.com for licensing and other information.

*/

?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>
$warning_header$
<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/freeoscommerce_060_stylesheet.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

</head>

<body>

<div id="wrapper1">

<div id="wrapper2">

<div id="header_wrapper">

<div id="header_top"></div>

<div id="header_bottom"></div>

<div id="menu">

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">Home</a>'; ?></span>

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a>'; ?></span>

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT) . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT . '</a>'; ?></span>

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART . '</a>'; ?></span>

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING) . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT . '</a>'; ?></span>

</div>

</div>

<div id="wrapper3">

<div id="column_left">

$categorybox$

$manufacturerbox$

$whatsnewbox$

$cartbox$

$informationbox$       

</div>

<div id="column_middle">

<div id="navigation">

You are here: $breadcrumbs$ <br>

</div>

$content$ 

</div>

<div id="column_right">

$specialbox$

$searchbox$

$maninfobox$

$orderhistorybox$

$bestsellersbox$

$reviewsbox$

$tellafriendbox$

$languagebox$

$currenciesbox$

</div>

</div>

<div id="footer_wrapper">

<div id="footer_top"></div>

<div id="footer_bottom"></div>

<div id="footer">

This is the footer.<br><br>

<a style="color: #000000" href="http://freeoscommerce.com/" target="_blank">Free osCommerce Templates</a>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div id="background_middle"></div>

<div id="background_top"></div>

<div id="background_bottom"></div>

</div>

<div id="website_name"><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></div>

</body>

</html>

AS you can see in above code that $category$ and other similar texts exist, so I was just wondering that, shouldn't be there a code instead of just this $boxname..$

I am using the INFOBOX ADMIN contribution, so would that be causing these

Edited by sahilsaid

AS you can see in above code that $category$ and other similar texts exist, so I was just wondering that, shouldn't be there a code instead of just this $boxname..$

YES, the INFOBOX ADMIN contribution could be the culprit.

Notice that STS IS bringing in the infoboxes, it's just displaying them in the content area. Turn off the Infobox Admin contribution and test.

The latest version of that contribution combines the column_left/right.php files (not good). By the way, there really is no reason to use both Infobox Admin and the Infobox Template Feature together. You should choose one or the other. Both contributions are trying to do the same thing.

Note: You can still use STS, just you would need to turn off the Infobox Template feature in the STS Default Module in the Admin. You would also need to remove all of the infobox tags since Infobox Admin is controlling your right and left columns (you can't have both).

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for your quick reply,

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) is already set to false

blink.gif I'm still thinking you have a configuration issue as well since the old osCommerce template is displaying in the content area. Did you have an older version of STS installed at one time? Such as prior to version 4? If so, remove all STS code from your configure.php files. Since v4, STS does not add any code in the configure.php files.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thank you for all your help,

Now, I have removed the infobox admin addon and also the mistake I was making is that I forgot to edit the column_left & right file after uploading the default files from original oscommerce setup. Sorry one more question, is that is there any way that I can make the content page in the middle bit wider so the information that gets missing on the right can be seen without scrolling to the right. If you can just tell me which files to edit. Is the main CSS file or the html file? Thank you for your help so, Really appreciate it.

item.jpg?rot=1

Thank you for all your help,

Now, I have removed the infobox admin addon and also the mistake I was making is that I forgot to edit the column_left & right file after uploading the default files from original oscommerce setup. Sorry one more question, is that is there any way that I can make the content page in the middle bit wider so the information that gets missing on the right can be seen without scrolling to the right. If you can just tell me which files to edit. Is the main CSS file or the html file? Thank you for your help so, Really appreciate it.

It appears you have made quite a few edits to the core code of osCommerce prior to installing STS. It is within the code that you modified that is causing the page to be off like that. The default osCommerce does not display the billing and shipping info side by side but rather vertically one above the other.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It appears you have made quite a few edits to the core code of osCommerce prior to installing STS. It is within the code that you modified that is causing the page to be off like that. The default osCommerce does not display the billing and shipping info side by side but rather vertically one above the other.

I installed the one page checkout addon and therefore everything is displayed on one page, I have diabled that addon now from admin and the checkout process seems okay now but I still want to make the middle content area wider. So any idea which file to edit?

I installed the one page checkout addon and therefore everything is displayed on one page, I have diabled that addon now from admin and the checkout process seems okay now but I still want to make the middle content area wider. So any idea which file to edit?

You should be making those types of changes in the stylesheet in the template set.

Here is a sample:

div#column_left {

position: relative;

float: left;

width: 190px;

padding: 0px 0px 10px 0px;

min-height: 300px;

overflow: hidden;

}

div#column_middle {

width: 526px;

padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;

overflow: auto;

}

div#column_right {

width: 190px;

padding: 0px 0px 10px 0px;

overflow: hidden;

}

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

I am trying to create a page with a layout similar to this:

wysi2.gif

While doing some research I have come across what, I thought, would be the answer to my problem: The CSS element 'float'. However, I can not, for the life of me, get it to work how I would like.

Below is the relevant portion of my stylesheet.css:

TABLE.HighlandInfo {
 float:left;
}

And, below is the relevant portion of the page I am working on:

<!-- Main table -->
<table class="HighlandInfo" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
<tr><td>$scottish_highlands</td></tr>
</table>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
<tr><td>$content</td></tr>
</table>

Here is a link to the page I am working on: http://www.tallgrass-farms.com/highland_info.php

(I realize the page is ugly :)

I would like to get the text to 'warp' around the infobox. If you need additional information please, let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Does anyone have idea why $warning_header$ appears on the top before every page loads?

I can see this in the manual provided for STS but it doesn't say how to get rid of it. Its annoying as it appears on every single page before the page loads up.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have idea why $warning_header$ appears on the top before every page loads?

I can see this in the manual provided for STS but it doesn't say how to get rid of it. Its annoying as it appears on every single page before the page loads up.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks

That means that you did not make the updates from the v4.6 installation. Upload the new includes/classes/sts.php from the contribution to your site. Since you didn't do this, you should probably go over your entire STS installation to make sure you did not miss anything else.

Once you have that installed, it will only display warning or error messages to let you or the customer know what is going on, such as bad credit card number, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi I am sorry if I seem dumb but I have tried my hardest to help myself to no avail.

I have installed a template and also STS but can not see how to alter the text in the main image section.

http://www.mistatees-rc.co.uk

Can any body point me to wards some docs I can follow. The ones I have seen assume too much prior knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ukracer

Hi I am sorry if I seem dumb but I have tried my hardest to help myself to no avail.

I have installed a template and also STS but can not see how to alter the text in the main image section.

http://www.mistatees-rc.co.uk

Can any body point me to wards some docs I can follow. The ones I have seen assume too much prior knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Are you refering to the default osCommerce text?

If so, Go to catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Find the following line that starts with the following (about line 13 – usually the first one ) and change it to what you want it to say

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup blah blah . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');');

Change to:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Now you could simply add whatever text you want in your templates.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Are you refering to the default osCommerce text?

If so, Go to catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Find the following line that starts with the following (about line 13 – usually the first one ) and change it to what you want it to say

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup blah blah . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');');

Change to:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Now you could simply add whatever text you want in your templates.

Well not really. :) Although you can see how confused I am I posted a link to the wrong site.

It should be http://www.mistatees-rc.co.uk/catalog/index.php and this is the text I can not alter the size of. "Mistatees-RC is here to provide a service. NOT to take over the world or become the next Bill Gates so if you want anything just ask. Our prices are fair and realistic but we still pride ourselves on personal service."

I can alter the text but can not find which style to alter!

Edited by ukracer

Well not really. smile.gif Although you can see how confused I am I posted a link to the wrong site.

It should be http://www.mistatees...talog/index.php and this is the text I can not alter the size of. "Mistatees-RC is here to provide a service. NOT to take over the world or become the next Bill Gates so if you want anything just ask. Our prices are fair and realistic but we still pride ourselves on personal service."

I can alter the text but can not find which style to alter!

Depending upon what browser you use, most browsers have a "web developer" type of toolbox that will show what CSS Styles are being used and where those styles are defined (most likely your stylesheet in your template folder or in the root of the osCommerce site).

Tip: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/295660-contribution-sts-v4/page__view__findpost__p__1213285

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I just noticed that my website doesn't have a log-off/logout button anywhere when I logged in with the demo customer? Why is this any idea? Simple template user manual says that my account link changes to logout button when customer is logged in... but this isn't happening on my website

Thanks

Edited by sahilsaid

hi, i just install it, its works fine, but got one problem

i just installed google checkout, it works fine when STS is off, when i turn STS to true (on), and then when i try buy something for test, at the last stage when it should take u to google web, it just shows some shop page with STS tags like :

$categorybox$ $manufacturerbox$ $whatsnewbox$ $cartbox$ $informationbox$ one one side and

$specialbox$ $searchbox$ $maninfobox$ $orderhistorybox$ $bestsellersbox$ $reviewsbox$ $tellafriendbox$ $languagebox$ $currenciesbox$ on the other side

i am doing some project to pharmacy : http://www.relievepharma.com/

please help fix this, cuz i want use STS, but when its on, checkout not works, why? when i turn it off its fine, whats that might be?

thx

hi, i just install it, its works fine, but got one problem

i just installed google checkout, it works fine when STS is off, when i turn STS to true (on), and then when i try buy something for test, at the last stage when it should take u to google web, it just shows some shop page with STS tags like :

$categorybox$ $manufacturerbox$ $whatsnewbox$ $cartbox$ $informationbox$ one one side and

$specialbox$ $searchbox$ $maninfobox$ $orderhistorybox$ $bestsellersbox$ $reviewsbox$ $tellafriendbox$ $languagebox$ $currenciesbox$ on the other side

i am doing some project to pharmacy : http://www.relievepharma.com/

please help fix this, cuz i want use STS, but when its on, checkout not works, why? when i turn it off its fine, whats that might be?

thx

You shouldn't be having any issues at all regarding STS.

Take a look at this link in the Google Checkout support thread...

If that doesn't help you out, simply tell STS to NOT use a template for the final phase of the Google Checkout process.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions