• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi!

I recently installed the STS w/ the Header tags (very cool contribution, BTW!) but it doesn't appear the Header tags are working. I have a test product here: http://www.baby-photo-announcements.com/te...oduct-p-28.html

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you place the following code in your head portion of your template file?

<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

The $headcontent tag will automatically add the header tags info that you defined in the Header Tags admin menus.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

My $headcontent doesn't seem to performing too well, this is from my page source:

<head>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<base href="http://www.mpm.org.au/shop/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/stylesheet.css">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title></title>

</head>

I'm using STS 3.2 with header tags (forget which version)

My $headcontent doesn't seem to performing too well, this is from my page source:

<head>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<base href="http://www.mpm.org.au/shop/">

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/stylesheet.css">

<title></title>

</head>

I'm using STS 3.2 with header tags (forget which version)

Hey Mike, did you use the "fill tags" option in the Header Tags admin menu? What other contributions do you have installed other than STSv4.2?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Ah, that would be 3.2 not 4.2!

I have stuff like morepics, master products, featured products - they are probably the biggies. Do any of them have issues relating this problem?

Edited by mpm

Ah, that would be 3.2 not 4.2!

I have stuff like morepics, master products, featured products - they are probably the biggies. Do any of them have issues relating this problem?

Do you recall when you first noticed this problem? Is this a new install of HTC? I have bundled STSv4.2 and Header Tags Controller 2.5.9 together so that it would be easier to install these two contributions in one seamless install.

Try posting over at the HTC forum and mention it is not the $headcontent tag since it is doing what it is supposed to be doing...it is bringing the meta content from the HTC contribution over to your template page. It appears your meta content is getting screwed up before the $headcontent placeholder pulls it into your template. Since I am not familiar with your installation history, it could be that you installed a contribution over a working HTC that conflicted with a HTC file. If you have the opportunity to restore a backup, it would be easier to troubleshoot.

Check each of your contribution files to see if they effect any of the HTC files. If so, use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to merge the files together so that they can coexist.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Did you place the following code in your head portion of your template file?

<!--$headcontent-->
</head>

The $headcontent tag will automatically add the header tags info that you defined in the Header Tags admin menus.

Yes I did.

Do you recall when you first noticed this problem? Is this a new install of HTC? I have bundled STSv4.2 and Header Tags Controller 2.5.9 together so that it would be easier to install these two contributions in one seamless install.

Try posting over at the HTC forum and mention it is not the $headcontent tag since it is doing what it is supposed to be doing...it is bringing the meta content from the HTC contribution over to your template page. It appears your meta content is getting screwed up before the $headcontent placeholder pulls it into your template. Since I am not familiar with your installation history, it could be that you installed a contribution over a working HTC that conflicted with a HTC file. If you have the opportunity to restore a backup, it would be easier to troubleshoot.

Check each of your contribution files to see if they effect any of the HTC files. If so, use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to merge the files together so that they can coexist.

**Update** Mike has since found the problem to be a corrupted header_tags.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Did you use the "Fill Tags" option in the Header Tags menu in admin? Why do you think it is not working correctly? What is it not doing for you?

I've added the title, description and keywords in the page control section of admin, I've filled all tags and I've added the title, description and keywords for the test product that I've set up. Yet all I see on any page for the header is

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>Bright-eyed Baby Prints</title><base href="http://www.baby-photo-announcements.com/">

</head>

What am I not doing right?

I've added the title, description and keywords in the page control section of admin, I've filled all tags and I've added the title, description and keywords for the test product that I've set up. Yet all I see on any page for the header is

What am I not doing right?

Did you remember to include the headertags.php file in the STS module?

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Did you remember to include the headertags.php file in the STS module?

Files for normal template

Hmmm.... I just installed the sts w/Header Tags on a brand new version of oscommerce. Where would I check to see if those files are included?

Hmmm.... I just installed the sts w/Header Tags on a brand new version of oscommerce. Where would I check to see if those files are included?
Brooke,

You need to log onto your store's admin, then click on "modules", then click on "STS". Once there, you will see the different modules available in the Simple Template System. Follow the directions in the Install Guide for more details.

You will also need to go to your store's admin, click on "Header Tags" in the left column, once there, check the appropriate boxes and then click on "Fill Tags". This will autopopulate your metatag info so that your products and store pages will be indexed by the search engines with your information.

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Brooke,

You need to log onto your store's admin, then click on "modules", then click on "STS". Once there, you will see the different modules available in the Simple Template System. Follow the directions in the Install Guide for more details.

You will also need to go to your store's admin, click on "Header Tags" in the left column, once there, check the appropriate boxes and then click on "Fill Tags". This will autopopulate your metatag info so that your products and store pages will be indexed by the search engines with your information.

Bill Kellum

Arg! Still not working! Ok,

1. I've added a test product and entered the meta tag info there,

2. In admin, I've gone to Modules, clicked on STS then directed the default to my template file (works fine)

3. My template does have <!--$headcontent--> in the head

4. I've gone to admin, Header Tags, then the titles of the sections are all in red....Is that the problem?

5. I've gone to fill tags and chose fill all tags for everything and clicked yes for "Fill products meta description with Products Description?"

Yet, it still isn't working. What else can I do?

Im having problems using the product_info templates - I have created a file and put it under my template directory and named it product_info.php_c21.html as i want it cover all products in category 21 - I then added product_info.php_c21.html under the "files for content template" in the admin. When I go to view it it does not parse the variables used in the template they just show up as the variable ie. $imagelarge - Am i missing something?

- J

Arg! Still not working! Ok,

1. I've added a test product and entered the meta tag info there,

2. In admin, I've gone to Modules, clicked on STS then directed the default to my template file (works fine)

3. My template does have <!--$headcontent--> in the head

4. I've gone to admin, Header Tags, then the titles of the sections are all in red....Is that the problem?

5. I've gone to fill tags and chose fill all tags for everything and clicked yes for "Fill products meta description with Products Description?"

Yet, it still isn't working. What else can I do?

Did you add the headertags.php line to your "Files to include" in the STS Modules? You should have the following:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Ah ha! That was it! Thanks so much for working with me to figure this out! :D

Ok, new question! (I know you want to kill me.) It says

Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here.

All the pages listed (index, allprods, product_info, etc) are red and when I chose yes for

Fill products meta description with Products Description?
it didn't work.

Ok, new question! (I know you want to kill me.) It says

All the pages listed (index, allprods, product_info, etc) are red and when I chose yes for it didn't work.

Ignore the red and view the actual source code to see if your meta tags are working or not.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all :)

First of all great job on that contribution, it's really easy to use and creating few templates for the whole website is so much easier to maintain it! I've only installed it for a couple of days but I'm ready playing with it and enjoying it.

Anyway, I'm having a problem and hoped someone could help me here ...

I've just installed the Protx Direct contribution and when I go to the CVS help page (cvs_help.php) some of my placeholders work and some don't ...

I can't get my $content and my boxes ($searchbox, $categorybox, $whatsnewbox) to display. Anything else works perfectly ($breadcrumbs, $home, $myaccount, $cartcontents ...). What I can't understand is that it works on all the pages except this one ...

Any ideas?

Thanks ;)

Check in the php of the non working page that the following files are included:

application_top.php

header.php

column_left.php

column_right.php

footer.php

application_bottom.php

They should be called in this order, and of course there is some code in-between. I guess that the columns are not called, or called in wrong order, so boxes and content cannot be created.

- Rigadin

Ok thanks for that!

The code in cvs_help.php is:

require('includes/application_top.php');
$navigation->remove_current_page();
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_POPUP_CVS_HELP);

So I've been playing a bit with what you told me and then I realised that it was supposed to be a popup window, not a proper page, so I don't need to apply my default template on that specific page.

In the end, I've just commented a line of code at the end of includes/languages/english/cvs_help.php:

//require('includes/application_bottom.php');

And that seems to work ok ...

Thanks for your help Rigadin ;)

Hello, - thanks in advance for your help.

I've have installed ST4.3, however I cannot get it using the template.

When I try to configure it in the Admin panel, I change Modules > STS > Default > Use template? to true, then back to view the values, nothing is changed.

Other parameters of the Modules > do not update also...

Does STS changes he modules so that it does not work anymore ?

However, when I had &sts_template=test in the URL, it does work.

Regards