• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I would like to talk with someone who really knows this contribution and would be interested in ghost writing an instructional guide. You would need to be able to write clear instructions and provide examples with screenshots. If you are interested in the job, please PM me.

Jody

Does anyone have STS (I'm using 3.0) working with any of the multiple image contribs like more pics, ultrapics etc? (I'm currently up to page 109 of this thread and it's bedtime so forgive me if there is an answer between there and here ;) )

I have installed STS. I have created a custom template, but the header from the default OSCommerce template is being displayed at the top of my webpages. Any idea what's going on? I bet this is a simple fix.

Thanks,

Ryan

Have you installed STS v4.1 with the 2 updates that followed the original version? One of these updates is making this behaviour.

There is a separate thread for STS4 here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

- Rigadin

Hi, I really like what you've done here and it certainly makes the process of changing oscommerce to look very different really easy.

However, I have a question.

I've got myself a template I think from templatemonster. It was more for me to look at how the created their templates. What I cant see from them is how they use the STS template - that's if they do. I've looked in the sts folder and they haven't used or edited the html file there.

Any ideas? I'm kind of confused how they use them, but wanted to design sites like they do.

I'm OK on the design site its just the implementation into oscommerce that I have a problem with.

Thanks,

Tone

Hi!

So far so good, the site looks great with the sts system, and my client is happy. I have a large problem though, and for the life of me, cannot figure it out. >_<

Any product with attributes will not add to the shopping cart. All other products add just fine. What have I done wrong? Please advise.......soon.

Thank you,

Tammy

Hi!

So far so good, the site looks great with the sts system, and my client is happy. I have a large problem though, and for the life of me, cannot figure it out. >_<

Any product with attributes will not add to the shopping cart. All other products add just fine. What have I done wrong? Please advise.......soon.

Thank you,

Tammy

Okay, I've been doing my research. I'm still lost. If I reload product_info.php, and includes/modules/product_listing.php, will I screw up the STS downloads? Or am I on the wrong track here?

Tammy

Hope someone can answer this one for me. I'm showing customers only one product page at a time which I take them to from an outside link. So they never see more than one product per visit to my site. I'd like to include the reviews box on each product page. The problem is, the reviews box shows all reviews of all products. Since I don't want to distract my customer by showing them information for more than the current product, I need to figure out a way to have the reviews box only display reviews for the current product. Is there a way to do this??

Thanks!

Jody

Edited by Huey

Is it just a matter of copying the product_info mopic changes to sts_product info and maybe sts_user code?

Edited by mpm

You can download the newest version of Simple Template System (STS) here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

- Brian

I have downloaded this contribution you have listed above but it doesnt have any installation instructions in the read me file.

Do you download a previous version to find the complete instructions?

Thanks

I'm a victim of circumstance

I have downloaded this contribution you have listed above but it doesnt have any installation instructions in the read me file.

Do you download a previous version to find the complete instructions?

Thanks

You may not have grabbed the latest "full" version.

To install it correctly, You will only need to download and install this and then this. :thumbsup:

The STS v4.1 by rigadin as well as the Index module v1.0.3 for STS4.

The two files between these two contributions have been known to cause problems such as double headers and php errors. ;)

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a simple (i hope) question relating to the STS Template system version 4,

where can you specify what stylesheet the content of the STS template use. I find if I specify the stylesheet in the catelog directory it only effects the sts template text but not the text in the various fields ie $content $categories etc.... they seem to be controlled by the stylesheet in the root directory of the website!

Can I specify different text color for the content of the $categories box and a different color for the $content text? the categories text I want white on a blue background (background is set) and the content text is black on a white background.

At the moment the text is all black.

Any help would be appricated!!

Thanks in advance

Hello.

I installed v. 4.1 onto my new modified shop and I'm finally ready to use it. When i set the default to true all that's coming up is the footer, date & OSC banner. None of the parameter in the template come up at all. Did I miss something?

I'm reading through the STS doc and can't find an answer to solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Clesha

Just wondering is there any templates out there for the $content section like line boarders etc...

Ok I think I have found the file product_info.php.html but when I use this file my templte gets all messed up.

layout.jpg

Plz ! I'm confused !! There are many Contributions STS with many titles !! Plz show me which file i must download !!! I'm the newcommer of OSC !

Edited by shpy

Paint for VietNamese :

Plz ! I'm confused !! There are many Contributions STS with many titles !! Plz show me which file i must download !!! I'm the newcommer of OSC !
To install it correctly, You will only need to download and install this and then this. :thumbsup:

The STS v4.1 as well as the Index module v1.0.3 for STS4.

The two files between these two contributions have been known to cause problems such as double headers and php errors. ;)

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Has anyone added mopics to STS? I could do with some help :)
'

Perhaps some kind soul could release STS with morepics as a contribution update. There are currently no multiple image contrib updates for STS...

Hello,

I have sts installed the way I wanted it, I used the $content and other feautures I wanted and put them into a frame inside my website as to keep the feel of the site throughout. I have however run into a problem:

I am able to get the user to go to either the english or the french cart simply by adding ?language=fr at and ?language=en at the end of all the links that lead to the shopping cart in the respective french and english sites. the problem is that it the surrounding layout of my site is all english and I need to be able to have a comepletley french version as well. is there some way to make 2 sts template pages so that i can use my french layout as well? please help it is quite important to get this fixed. thank you,

Robert

Edited by sackling

hello.

I have created a new page (dublicated from the about_us.php) and on this page I dont want any columns to the left and to the right. Can I specify another STS template that aplies just for my new page?

Hello,

I have sts installed the way I wanted it, I used the $content and other feautures I wanted and put them into a frame inside my website as to keep the feel of the site throughout. I have however run into a problem:

I am able to get the user to go to either the english or the french cart simply by adding ?language=fr at and ?language=en at the end of all the links that lead to the shopping cart in the respective french and english sites. the problem is that it the surrounding layout of my site is all english and I need to be able to have a comepletley french version as well. is there some way to make 2 sts template pages so that i can use my french layout as well? please help it is quite important to get this fixed. thank you,

Robert

As STS allows php scripts inside templates, you can make some logic to include an english or french template. Example: in sts_template.html, place an if (english) include (mytemplate_en.html) else include (mytemplate_fr.html) or something like that. The code would be a bit different if using STS v3 or v4, but that's a start. If you are using v4, I have given a more complete example on the v4 forum thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=204381

- Rigadin

As STS allows php scripts inside templates, you can make some logic to include an english or french template. Example: in sts_template.html, place an if (english) include (mytemplate_en.html) else include (mytemplate_fr.html) or something like that. The code would be a bit different if using STS v3 or v4, but that's a start. If you are using v4, I have given a more complete example on the v4 forum thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=204381

- Rigadin

I am in fact using v4 of sts but I dont see where exactly you talk about my problem in the new form? Im also not very good with PHP so a more in depth example would be highly appreciated. thanks,

Robert