• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I love this contrib, However I have used it on several stores and I constantly have a runtime error occur on every page load. On a fresh install nothing in the way of errors but after I add the files and install the STS i get the runtime error. It says syntax error line 1. Has anyone gotten this error after install and are there any suggestions on how to fix it? thanks

using STS-3_00b2 on fresh stores, have 5 with this issue. every one I have used this contrib on.

You can check and see here TraxDesigns :blink:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stephen

I love this contrib, However I have used it on several stores and I constantly have a runtime error occur on every page load. On a fresh install nothing in the way of errors but after I add the files and install the STS i get the runtime error. It says syntax error line 1. Has anyone gotten this error after install and are there any suggestions on how to fix it? thanks

using STS-3_00b2 on fresh stores, have 5 with this issue. every one I have used this contrib on.

You can check and see here TraxDesigns :blink:

i dont get any errors on that site??

Is it possible that it is because I have the .net sdk involved with the c# debugger?

Seems like a stupid question. But i have had a few people say that they get that error. Maybe only in IE?

Hello,

The only thing I see that is kind of funny in the code is all this:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>TraxDesigns.com</title><base href="http://www.traxdesigns.com/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="/includes/sts_templates/mysite/sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

You have some duplicate stuff in the head. Title and content-type. Also, I did a search on META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE" because I have never seen that before, and I found this article about using it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222064/EN-US/. I don't know if that will solve anything though.

I just have never seen a lot of those meta tags used before, so not really sure what to do.

Hello.

I create 2 info boxes that I need to add to the left column. I added this code to the /column_left.php page and it doesn't seem to be working.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'aromatherapy.php');

// STS: ADD
 $sts_block_name = 'aromatherapybox';
 require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 // STS: EOADD

Within my sts template I added $aromatherapybox where I wanted the box. The string is there instead of the box. How do I get the box to show up instead?

Thanks!

Clesha

I must be a complete moron. I followed your readme.txt file and have got no where.

I did a freah install of STS-3_00b2 and nothing happened. I installed the files to /public_html/shop/catalog/includes and placed the:

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files

define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/mysite/');

define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');

define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php');

define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');

define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', STS_TEMPLATE_DIR . 'sts_template.html');

define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');

define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

define('STS_PRODUCT_INFO', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_product_info.php');

define('STS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_functions.php');

// STS: EOADD

in my config.php file located in /public_html/shop/admin/includes. I uploaded the sts_template.html to /public_html/shop/catalog/includes/ that did nothing.. I played with the files in /public_html/shop/catalog/includes/ststemplate/mysite/ and the /public_html/shop/catalog/includes/ststemplate/osc/ but still nothing happened.

Finally I'm here (rather then on the edge of a bridge preparing myself to jump), I hope someone is still montioring this post.

Rick

Is it possible to use different templates for different languages now? I need to use a "shop by price" static dropdown. There is no such contribution, and I thought it would be great to use the advanced search for different prices.. :)

Is it possible to use different templates for different languages now? I need to use a "shop by price" static dropdown. There is no such contribution, and I thought it would be great to use the advanced search for different prices.. :)

Hi,

I am not sure about the different languages thing, but for the shop by price, there is a contribution. It is very easy to use and works well. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1276

Sorry if I did not help at all. I may have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Hi. im trying to figure out how to include products extra fields in the custom products_info.php.html template

i need to convert this code

// START: Extra Fields Contribution v2.0b
 $extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("
                     SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value
                     FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." pef
            LEFT JOIN  ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." ptf
           ON ptf.products_extra_fields_id=pef.products_extra_fields_id
           WHERE ptf.products_id=".$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']." and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='".$languages_id."')
           ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");

while ($extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query)) {
       if (! $extra_fields['status'])  // show only enabled extra field
          continue;
       echo '<b>'.$extra_fields['name'].': </b>';
       echo $extra_fields['value'].'<BR>'; 
 }
// END: Extra Fields Contribution

Here is what i have so far

// Get product extra fields  from products_id parameter

$extra_fields_query = tep_db_query(" SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value
                     FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." pef
            LEFT JOIN  ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." ptf
           ON ptf.products_extra_fields_id=pef.products_extra_fields_id
           WHERE ptf.products_id=".$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']." and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='".$languages_id."')
           ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");

$extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query);

while ($extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query)) {
       if (! $extra_fields['status'])  
          continue;

$template['extrafields'] = stripslashes($extra_fields['name']); 
$template['extrafields2'] = stripslashes($extra_fields['value']); 
 }

the problem is that it only shows first value and the other fields are not shown.

please help someone

i simply cannot get a new info box to appear on my site?

i have followed all the instructions but these are old posts so things may have changed - i don't know!

Also, the specials box isn't in the column_left/right files how does it get displayed?

Anyone help?

Cheers, Ian

i simply cannot get a new info box to appear on my site?

i have followed all the instructions but these are old posts so things may have changed - i don't know!

Also, the specials box isn't in the column_left/right files  how does it get displayed?

Anyone help?

Cheers, Ian

Hi. the specials is specified in the sts_display_output.php file, and you can also use that file to spcefiy your new boxes. but its meant to be done in sts_user_code.php

where you simply alter this code

$sts_block_name = 'add_images';
  require(STS_START_CAPTURE);
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'additional_images.php');
  require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
  $template[add_images] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block[add_images], add_images);

to fit your needs

"add_images" has to be changed to shat you wish to call the box with from your template "$add_images"

the "additional_images.php" file has to be renamed to the file you wish to display

hope this helps a little

Hey guys....

I'm using STS 2.01 and I have a prob using the table customers who purchased this product also purchased at sts_product_info.php. It just displays all the related products at the top of the store before the template and not where I specified the $alsopurchased tag... I can't update to STS 3 yet cause I used many customized blocks and the site is live...

It says at the comments it may not work and this is true... Anyone fixed this or knows a workaround?

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

Hi All!

Amoungst other things - I've got a problem that will not go away...

The images aren't displayed on ssl pages....

I've changed the includes/configure.php heaps - ending up with;

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://funaticalcomau.ozstaging.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure16.ozhosting.com/funatical'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'funaticalcomau.ozstaging.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'secure16.ozhosting.com/funatical');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

and I've modified the general.php...

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {
  if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page
 if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url
   $url = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG)); // Change it to SSL
 }
  }
  header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();
}

but still whenever I go to my account etc... main images can't be found.... have a look at http://funaticalcomau.ozstaging.com/shop/ If anyone can help I'll be grateful!

Cheers,

Tim

From what I saw your header images are being downloaded from here:

https://secure16.ozhosting.com/images/

While all other images (that are being displayed correctly) are being downloaded from here:

https://secure16.ozhosting.com/funatical/shop/images/

Are you sure you have to change the general.php file to make it work? If you leave it as is what's the result?

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

Are you sure you have to change the general.php file to make it work? If you leave it as is what's the result?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure why I changed general.php - it was in a post that I can no longer find... so I've changed it back, but no difference.

Outside the SSL display - the images are referenced as

whilst inside the SSL, they are referenced as

Any more ideas?

Sorry guys - another question...

Can anyone see or suggest why I've got the second shopping cart info box (bottom left) at http://funaticalcomau.ozstaging.com/shop/

Maybe my brain has just cut out... but I can't figure it out?

hi to all

im getting this error on every page (internet explorer)

Line :2

Char: 1

Error: syntax error

code:0

i did an install fron Cpanel (Fantastico)

then folowed the readme file for the template script

thanks in advance

Jhon

Hi,

I installed a fresh OSC with a register_globals (patched files) fix. After installing STS (latest 3 beta I found) I got again:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Is there a fix or workaround to use OSC with STS and the register_globals fix?

Many thanks

kind regards

Yogie

Is there a fix or workaround to use OSC with STS and the register_globals fix?

I also am looking for information on using STS with the register_globals fix enabled. I dont get the error message but anything that I do to the sts_template isnt getting picked up on the actual site. (this is, i'm thinking, due to the fact that i've got the // check if register_globals is enabled code commented out in application_top - but this has to be like that to avoid getting the error message.

im getting this error on every page (internet explorer)

Line :2

Char: 1

Error: syntax error

code:0

I had the same problem, my quick workaround is:

edit sts_template.html

replace the line <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>

with the content of the file sts_osc_javascript.js

then it worked fine for me

The solution is not logical, but ... it works.

Regards,

Thomas