• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Why does my template not seem to be controlled with my stylesheet any longer using STS?

Is there a list of stylesheet commands just for STS? Also I had to change the logo using the output file instead of the default header.php, it would help if things like this were noted in the Readme file. And also, why no new release with all the fixes in ONE file? This seems to be a huge mess.

I'm using the os6tm_banner_manager contribution along whit STS, but the banner contribution does not work properly whit STS. :(

The contribution should displays an extra banner in the header, right above the $content, but it does not do that whit STS.

To install the banner contribution you should paste the following code in the header.php file, but I don't believe this is the right file to edit when I'm using STS as well.

?>
<?php
//added for os6tm banner manager
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Any clues how to get both these great contributions working side by side? :thumbsup:

Okay.

I did a clean install of oscommerce-2.2ms2.zip

I downloaded the file called "Simple Template System (STS) v2.01"

I copied all of the files extracted from it to the includes directory.

I then followed the directions from the file that is supposed to help you fix the click to enlarge bug in sts.

What am I doing wrong? Everything works fine but one thing.

When I click on the thumbnail to enlarge the images it comes up to a page but not the image.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for a week. I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Dave.

6/10/05

How to use pop up or click to enlarge with the product_info.php.html file

***Special thanks to the STS man himself Brian Gallagher for his help with this,

***Couldn't have done it without him.

STEP ONE

In sts_product_info.php

change this below:

// Start the "Add to Cart" form

$template['startform'] = tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'));

// Add the hidden form variable for the Product_ID

$template['startform'] .= tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']);

$template['endform'] = "</form>";

To this:

$template['productid'] = $product_info['products_id'];

$template['productsid'] = $product_info['products_id']; // Just for consistende with osC names

$template['startform'] = tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'));

$template['startform'] .= tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']);

STEP TWO

In your product_info.php.html file (which should be in your "sts_templates" folder)

My "click to enlarge" link worked with this below added between the <head> and </head> section:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">

<!--

function MM_callJS(jsStr) { //v2.0

return eval(jsStr)

}

//-->

</script>

<noscript>

STEP THREE

Then elsewhere in the body of product_info.php.html for the actually link,

I inserted the code below.

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

url = url + '<?php echo $products_id ?>'

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

<a href="java script:void(0)" onClick="MM_callJS('popupWindow(\'popup_image.php?pID=$productid\')')">

$imagesmall</a><a href="java script:void(0)" onClick="MM_callJS('popupWindow(\'popup_image.php?pID=$productid\')')">

See Bigger Image</a>

----------------------

Is there any way cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.4 will work with STS 2.01?

Or any other way I can generate dynamic meta tags with STS

TIA for your help

Is there any way cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.4 will work with STS 2.01?

Or any other way I can generate dynamic meta tags with STS

TIA for your help

STS supports Header Tags Controller, contribution 207.

- Rigadin

FIRST OFF THESE ARE TWO GREAT CONTRIBS!!

THANKS TO THE PROGRAMERS AND OTHER SIMPLE FOLKS WHO TAKE THE TIME TO DO THESE

Now my question ... I installed Related products contrib and it works fine when

I turn off STS templates but when applying the STS template it disappears

where or how can I add a $ sts commad to have the info box with the related product

show up in my product info .php page?? in other words ... make these two work together?

thanks here is the url

http://ariellesgallery.netfirms.com/nfosco...products_id=191

:thumbsup:

Did anyone run into a problem getting the click to enlarge fix working?

I did a fresh install o OSC and STL.

Then I tried the bug fix so when I click on the click to enlarge on the product info page it would work correctly.

I must be missing something small.

I've tried all fixes I could find. There are a few of them out there. I think 3 main ones.

None of them would fix it.

Can someone offer some advice on what I might be missing?

I've seen some just remove the click to enlarge link and just make the thumbnail larger.

Did most of you do that and forget about the fix?

Thanks.

Dave.

Is there any WYSIWYG contrib you guys would recomend for use with STS. All I really need is the ability to edit the main page, and the other text pages (shipping policies etc.) There are a number of contribs that add this function but I am unsure of their stability and compatibility with STS. BTW all I have installed is STS and Most recent OSC, other than the edited template and defined categories it is a clean install.

I would prefer to not have to reload osc with a "clean" install as soem of the contribs say you should have a clean install. Any experiences?

Thanks

Okay.

I did a clean install of oscommerce-2.2ms2.zip

I downloaded the file called "Simple Template System (STS) v2.01"

I copied all of the files extracted from it to the includes directory.

I then followed the directions from the file that is supposed to help you fix the click to enlarge bug in sts.

What am I doing wrong? Everything works fine but one thing.

When I click on the thumbnail to enlarge the images it comes up to a page but not the image.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for a week. I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Dave.

6/10/05

How to use pop up or click to enlarge with the product_info.php.html file

***Special thanks to the STS man himself Brian Gallagher for his help with this,

***Couldn't have done it without him.

STEP ONE

In sts_product_info.php

change this below:

To this:

$template['productid'] = $product_info['products_id'];

$template['productsid'] = $product_info['products_id']; // Just for consistende with osC names

STEP TWO

In your product_info.php.html file (which should be in your "sts_templates" folder)

My "click to enlarge" link worked with this below added between the <head> and </head> section:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">

<!--

function MM_callJS(jsStr) { //v2.0

return eval(jsStr)

}

//-->

</script>

<noscript>

STEP THREE

Then elsewhere in the body of product_info.php.html for the actually link,

I inserted the code below. 

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

url = url + '<?php echo $products_id ?>'

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

<a href="java script:void(0)" onClick="MM_callJS('popupWindow(\'popup_image.php?pID=$productid\')')">                       

$imagesmall</a><a href="java script:void(0)" onClick="MM_callJS('popupWindow(\'popup_image.php?pID=$productid\')')">

See Bigger Image</a>

----------------------

I have a problem. When I installed STS, my product page disappeared. I've been looking at the code, but I don't know PHP and have no clue what to look for. It doesn't matter what I have the output set as. It works flawlessly on all other parts of the website so far. Other contributions I have installed are Easy Populate, Great Categories, and Header Tags. I'm kind of lost here. Any help would be appreciated.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

I am having a very unusual problem dealing with error messages emitted from the Consolidated Authorize.Net Payment module...apparently any type of error message isn't output by STS when sts_template is activated.. this is a problem, because we want the customer to see if a credit card has been declined.. Is there a patch to fix this problem? or how would I go about fixing this particular problem ???

-Thom

Hi,

After following all these posts, I'm still lost. After all the bugs and problems encountered and rectified, is there anyone with an updated version of this contribution? Or, what exactly are the files I need to download?

Thanks

Never mind. The problem has to do with the products I'm uploading, not STS. I'm in the process of fixing it. Thanks anyway.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with the layout for my site since a couple of weeks and have now decided to install STS 2.0

After I copied the files to the catalog/includes folder and changed the configure.php I now have a completely blank page. I have done the simple installation because I reinstalled OsCommerce on my site.

For your information, I haven't manually installed OsC, My webhost has done this for me. Could this have to do anything with the STS not working?

Thanx for your help,

Irma

I hate to be a wet bug about this, but again I must ask:

I'm having issues with the "Add to Cart" button. Each time I click it,. it just brings me back to the same product page. Any idea's on why and how to fix it?

$addtocart, endform, startform, etc are in place... in the correct order.

Any help would be great

I hate to be a wet bug about this, but again I must ask:

I'm having issues with the "Add to Cart" button. Each time I click it,. it just brings me back to the same product page. Any idea's on why and how to fix it?

$addtocart, endform, startform, etc are in place... in the correct order.

Any help would be great

hi there, i dont know if this will help or not but in your admin area, under the configure section, there is a place that says

Display Cart After Adding Product

make sure this is set to true.

Try replacing your $addtocart with $addtocartbutton or you can use <input type=image src="images/oscommerce.gif"> and make the image whatever you want to make the button

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with the layout for my site since a couple of weeks and have now decided to install STS 2.0

After I copied the files to the catalog/includes folder and changed the configure.php I now have a completely blank page. I have done the simple installation because I reinstalled OsCommerce on my site.

For your information, I haven't manually installed OsC, My webhost has done this for me. Could this have to do anything with the STS not working?

Thanx for your help,

Irma

I just downloaded this contrib and set it up on a new osc install and the same thing is happening for me. I was just using the sts_template.html that comes with the download just to see what is looks like and nadda. I have even linked the stylesheet to its absolute path.