• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Are you saying you're still having the problem?

Make sure you've added them in your catalog/includes/configure.php file and not the admin one.

yes, i added to the configure.php file in the includes.

I installed oscommerce diredtly to the public_html folder, no catalog/

could that be the problem?

thx

Spend money to earn money!!!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with formatting the "special price" tag in the product_info.php.html template.

I am trying to get it to format the prices so that when there is a special price a "strike-thru" appears thru the regular price on the page. Right now I can only get both the special price and regular price to appear with no formatting.

I have been searching thru this forum and could not find anything that works for me.

If anyone has run into and solved this problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Any idea if and when STS will support a template for manufacturers? I don't need a seperate template for each, just one for manufacturers that's different from categories, index_0, etc.

I guess, unless anyone out there has a way to do this already, this is a feature request....

Thanks, Ben

And another thing... Does anyone out there know of a way to get STS to respond to additional static pages added via the "Extra Pages Info Box w/admin" contrib (see this mod here)? It would be great to be able to have a seperate template for each additional static page to allow for a dynamic nav bar.

Another feature request?

Happy Memorial Day everyone,

-Ben

yes, i added to the configure.php file in the includes.

I installed oscommerce diredtly to the public_html folder, no catalog/

could that be the problem?

thx

You must respect all the folders hierarchy. The shop only works if you have the catalog folder.

Im getting the following after applying the patch for popups:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/popup_image.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Anybody help?

what patch have u applied to your popup ???? are you using product_info.php.html ????

Yes and I applied the patch found under 19 May 2005 by Stot. My product_info.php is just a plain sheet with $content in it, so I only applied the first part.

Hey all,

I've created 2 images that are linked to shopping_cart.php and login.php. I am able to initally login, but if I click login again (or shopping_cart) the session is lost and I have to relog in to add another item. I realize it's definently the way I'm linking the images to the cart and login that's the problem.

I'm just trying to link 2 images to login.php and shopping_cart.php but keep the sessions active. Would anyone know the way that this is done ?

Thanks,

Shawn

Hey all,

I've created 2 images that are linked to shopping_cart.php and login.php. I am able to initally login, but if I click login again (or shopping_cart) the session is lost and I have to relog in to add another item. I realize it's definently the way I'm linking the images to the cart and login that's the problem.

I'm just trying to link 2 images to login.php and shopping_cart.php but keep the sessions active. Would anyone know the way that this is done ?

Thanks,

Shawn

Ok I've found the code in the display_output file.

I have a problem with the $catmenu thow, when I select an option it takes me to the page, but also logs me out. Anyone know a fix to this ?

Yes and I applied the patch found under 19 May 2005 by Stot. My product_info.php is just a plain sheet with $content in it, so I only applied the first part.

Fixed it eventually removed the <php? $products... bit from url = url +... and it works

Hi Guys. Got everything up and running using STS. I still have a few glitches. When I try and add a product to the shopping cart, I get the error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pprints/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:349) in /home/pprints/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

But then when I click back, it added it to the cart... Any ideas?

Also, I created a test account. I'm using shared SSL. When I go to log in, I get a "404 page cannot be displayed". The problem is that the URL it's trying to go to is leaving out ~pprints (my cPanel User name) which is needed for the secure server.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Philip, this fix just tripled a whole days sales in less than an hour. Thank you. Just a note, if anybody comes up against it, there are invisible characters (3 of them), which looks like a bullet, if we copy and paste this code using a mac. The parse error says that an enexpected '{' was encountered. If you show invisibles and replace the character with space character, it solves the problem.

STS FIX - For displaying error messages during the checkout process

Ian, Patrick, Deborah:

This fix should solve your problem with the credit class/gift voucher contribution not displaying a coupon code error during checkout.  I just tried this code and it works great.  You can thank Tom Thumb, who used to frequent the STS forum.  This STS fix should solve problems with any contribution that is supposed to display error messages during checkout (including Authroize.Net concolidated for AIM 1.7):

Look for this in includes/sts_display_output.php:

// Prepend any error/warning messages to $content
?if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
? ?$template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];
?}

Add this right after it:

////////Start Error Messages - Tom Wojcik
?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
$messageStack->add('error_message', $HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']);
$template['content'] = ?$messageStack->output('error_message') . $template['content'];
?}
////// End Error Messages

Let me know if this works for you. 

I think this code would be worth adding to the next version of STS.

Hey guys,

I was able to fix the first error- just a matter of deleting some whitespace. I still haven't been able to fix the log-in error. Does anyone know what file the log-in script is located in? Thanks again

open catalog/includes/application_top.php and there should be this line quite near the top, if you are running MS2:

// define the project version
?define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

I'm running MS2 2.2 and either STS has removed a provision for errors to appear, or I screwed something up.

What happens is that when a user get's an error, say in the payment module, it shows in the URL, but nowhere in the page. The author of the payment module says there is a table line missing in the code in application_top.

Can someone post that code?

John Skurka

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search this thread but couldn't find an answer..

I have STS 2.01 installed and using the product_info.php.html which works fine, but I can't get QTpro 4.2 working using the product_info template! QTpro works if I use the default sts_template.

Has anyone else had this problem and find a solution?

Thanks

Neil

What happens is that when a user get's an error, say in the payment module, it shows in the URL, but nowhere in the page.  The author of the payment module says there is a table line missing in the code in application_top.

I found the problem. The problem is actually in the LINKPOINTMS1.PHP module and has nothing to do with STS.

See my other post (LinkPoint Error Message Display Fix)for a solution.

John Skurka

Hello ...

Can someone kindly give me the correct syntax & placement of code for adding the cPath into the URL when searching from the Manufacturers or Category pulldowns? - Please =)

Its defaulting to index.php / which uses my sts index.php.html file.

I'd like it to display the appropriate sts category pages ie index.php_99.html .

Has this been fixed? I've scoured the threads to no avail.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Chris

Hello ...

Can someone kindly give me the correct syntax & placement of code for adding the cPath into the URL when searching from the Manufacturers or Category pulldowns?

Its defaulting to index.php / which uses my sts index.php.html file.

I'd like it to display the appropriate sts category pages ie index.php_99.html .

Has this been fixed? I've scoured the threads to no avail.

Yet another one of my own questions answered ... Thanks guys! :blink:

open file:

includes/sts_user_code.php

around line 36

Replace code:

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

With this code:

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_paths(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT))), $cPath, 'onchange="this.form.submit();" style="width: 100%"');

This will add the ability search from the $catmenu without having the $contents element on the page. Good if you intend on making an entry page into your catalog and dont need to display any main body content.

example:

http://www.mhvacsew.com/store (still under major renovations ...)

Hope that was useful to some people.

chris

Hi all, this contribute is fantastic, but i do not understand how to change the box layout.

Can anyone help me, tnx all

Hi

All the code for the boxes are written in the includes/boxes folder and the class written for the boxes are in the includes/classes/boxes.php. Now play on this and change the layout :thumbsup: