• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

So if i make changes to sts_template does it make changes to index.php automatically? Sorry for dumb questions, but i am very new at this and still trying to figure out the mechanism of ocS with template. 

Can you PLEASE explain how does it wok and communicates with ocS.

Thanks,

Ruslan

I guess when index.php is parsed it requests settings from the sts_template.

The file "index.php" is certainly not changed whenever you change the file

sts_template, if I understood it right. No matter what it shouldn`t be a problem, right?

Ken

I guess when index.php is parsed it requests settings from the sts_template.

The file "index.php" is certainly not changed whenever you change the file

sts_template, if I understood it right. No matter what it shouldn`t be a problem, right?

Ken

what changes did you make to the sts config

Hi again,

About my previous post: the box with the "all manufacturers" text in, in the category page -where the products per category are displayed- works correctly.

So this means (I suppose) that the manufacturers are correcly assigned for each product. Any ideas ?

My website: COSTAQmusic

Edited by shutiri

Hey guys,

I have installed the STS contribution and I cant get it to work correclty, it still comes up with the default oscommerce, this is a fresh install and this is the only thing I have tried to get to work everything else works perfect. Here is my configure.php file below with xxx's through things obviously you arent suppose to see but tell me if you guys ee anything wrong here. THis is on a windows server 2003 with apache, mysql and php. Thanks!

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'xxx'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'xxx');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'xxx');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx);

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files

define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');

define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php');

define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');

define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/');

define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html');

define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');

define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

define('STS_PRODUCT_INFO', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_product_info.php');

// STS: EOADD

?>

Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

<!-- Page layout by Simple Template System (STS) v2.01 on osCommerce 2.2-MS2 - http://www.diamondsea.com/sts/ -->
<!-- Using Template File [includes/sts_template.html) -->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Hankie Pankie</title><base href="http://www.hankiepankie.co.uk/catalog/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

I am getting an error in the above code at line 12 char 32 which is the ampersand. This happens on all the sites using sts templates, what is going wrong? It says there is a syntax error code 0... This doesnt make any sense at all!

Thank you so much :) peter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi,

In /includes/column_left.php add this ........

?require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'loginbox.php');

?// STS: ADD
?$sts_block_name = 'login_box';
?require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
?// STS: EOADD

of course change 'loginbox.php' to whatever the filename is in the /includes/boxes path, from the contribution you mentioned ( # 2058)

around line 237 of /includes/sts_display_output.php add this

$template['login_box'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['login_box'], 'login_box');

around line 317 of /includes/sts_display_output.php add this .........

echo $sts_block['login_box'];

Now, in the file /includes/sts_template.html, add this wherever you want it ........

$login_box

and of course you can have the above in other templates.

HTH

Peter

I think there is at least one contrib for this. I did use a non os-commerce

related script for it though. While it does work I didn`t figure out how

to make it fill itself with the categories from the database automatically

so I attached the linke manually. Not very elegant, guess there are much

better solutions...

Ken

Is there a way to implement DropDownMenu in to STS?

I think there is at least one contrib for this. I did use a non os-commerce

related script for it though. While it does work I didn`t figure out how

to make it fill itself with the categories from the database automatically

so I attached the linke manually. Not very elegant, guess there are much

better solutions...

Ken

Coolmenu for STS is to be released in the next couple of days. You should give that a try when it's released. Keep an eye on this contribution page COOLMENU

I need help removing a large empty bar under the breadcrumb trail that has nothing in it.

I made several changes last nite to my wifes webpage and everything looked good when I finished.

Today I notice that I have this large blank bar under the breadcrumb trail and before the categories/content. I don't remember this from last nite but I'm sure it is something that I did but I don't know where to start looking without looking at everything.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few pointers as to what files could be affecting this portion of the page.

Thanx, Dave.

Hi,

Add this line in /includes/application_top.php, immediately after the "<?php" line:

if (function_exists('ini_set')) @ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); ?//comment this line, for live site

Then the errors will be displayed to the browser, but you shouldn't have it turned on permanently, only to see what the msg is.

Peter

Hi Peter, sorry for the delay in this but I've been out of town. I added the above to my application_top.php file but I'm not getting any errors displayed. Any ideas?

Thanks

Linda

I need help removing a large empty bar under the breadcrumb trail that has nothing in it.

I made several changes last nite to my wifes webpage and everything looked good when I finished. 

Today I notice that I have this large blank bar under the breadcrumb trail and before the categories/content. I don't remember this from last nite but I'm sure it is something that I did but I don't know where to start looking without looking at everything. 

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few pointers as to what files could be affecting this portion of the page.

Thanx, Dave.

I have been working on this for two days now and still can't fix it. I even restored a back-up from four days ago and I still have the background bar under the breadcrumb.

It has to be with STS because if I turn STS off I don't have the bar. Additionally, with STS running I get messages at the bottom of IE saying "Done, but with errors on page." I don't get these errors when I turn STS off. I've tried the debugging but I don't see anything wrong and I tried the code in application_top.php like LindaBee but I'm not seeing anything from it either.

Here is the interesting part. If I go into any section of the web site that is using SSL, the bar goes away and the pages displays as intended.

Please help.

Howdy David,

That problem seems to be in the rt column. This code is being generated and causing another row to be inserted above that column. I kept the comment tags so you could track it down.

<!-- SSL Info Box //-->
<tr>
<td>

</td></tr>
<!-- comodo_eof //-->

Hope that gets it. I know how frustrating it can be.

Paul

I have been working on this for two days now and still can't fix it. I even restored a back-up from four days ago and I still have the background bar under the breadcrumb.

It has to be with STS because if I turn STS off I don't have the bar. Additionally, with STS running I get messages at the bottom of IE saying "Done, but with errors on page." I don't get these errors when I turn STS off. I've tried the debugging but I don't see anything wrong and I tried the code in application_top.php like LindaBee but I'm not seeing anything from it either.

Here is the interesting part. If I go into any section of the web site that is using SSL, the bar goes away and the pages displays as intended.

Please help.

Hello all,

I am a major newbie here and really am a rookie dealing with this Oscommerce. I recently loaded it and also the STS which is an incredible program to make changes to the pages. My problem is after I loaded it anytime I click on a product I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/bremen/bresports-www/catalog/product_info.php on line 102

What did I do wrong and how can I fix this? I really appreciate your help dealing with this.

Thanks,

Mark

Is anyone here successfully using Separate Pricing Per Customer SPPC with STS? I'm looking for some code to add to STS, to return the correct product price, depending on the sppc_customer_group_id (typically wholesale vs. retail).

Thanks in advance.

Mike in Key West

Hello all,

I'm created a new store with the STS contribution.

I had a question. I'm working on the product page, and I'd like to give a variable a different font style, size & color.

For example:

$productname

I can change it's color, but if I try to give it a different size or font style -- it doesn't work.

Also, how do I implement the "click the small image ($imagesmall) and get the large image pop-up ($imagelarge) function in the sts_product_info template.

thanks so much!

-Ax

I'm having a problem with an extra space between two infoboxes.

The space is caused by a SSL box that only appears when SSL is active.

The problem is that STS is putting two <BR> in a row even though the SSL infobox is not visible. This does not happen when I disable STS and it looks correct when the SSL Infobox is showing.

If you look between the "My Wishlist" and the "What's New" you can see what I'm talking about. The web page is Christina J's.

infobox_gap.JPG

Is there a way to keep STS from displaying the infobox if SSL is not active or maybe a code I can add to remove the extra <BR>?

I have tried this code

if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["SERVER_PORT"]=='443')
{
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'ssl.php');
}

in the column_left.php file and in the display_output.php file but it still puts the double <BR>.

Thanx, Dave.

Is anyone here successfully using Separate Pricing Per Customer SPPC with STS?  I'm looking for some code to add to STS, to return the correct product price, depending on the sppc_customer_group_id (typically wholesale vs. retail).

Thanks in advance.

Should work fine without too much trouble. I've installed it and got it working. Just follow the instructions in the contrib and diff the files if you've modified them much.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...