• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I installed STS the other day and i have a few questions:

1. "BONUS FEATURES: Simple HEADER TAG CONTROLLER Integration"

What version of Header Tags Controller is the above STS Bonus Feature refering to, any version !?

I tested with the latest "Header Tags Controller v2.3.3" Complete and it didn?t work, however that might be my fault (copy and past error etc)

2. Is it possible somehow to in Golive/Dreamweaver change the layout of also pages like: account.php or contact_us.php i.e making them static (if that is what have to do to make this work..) and if i add or change any fields ii have to manually also change in the html document(?)

Because being able to using STS very easy layout the index, product_info etc is of cource really good but not good enough to satisfy our client.

3. Will the next osCommerce 2.2 MS3 be using STS or does anyone know where to find more info regarding about the new integrated MS3 template function!?

// Tom

Edited by Prince Tom

:blink: Thank for that. Richard

That wasn't really what I meant.

I already have:

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

In between my page <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section.

However, when I use my product_info.php.htlm template with the $imagesmall tag.  I don't have the "Click to enlarge" option underneath the image.

Do have have to manually create/edit this entry and if so HOW.  Or have I got something set wrong in my sts-display_output.php file.

Any Help Welcome...

:blink: Thank for that. Richard

That wasn't really what I meant.

I already have:

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

In between my page <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section.

However, when I use my product_info.php.htlm template with the $imagesmall tag.  I don't have the "Click to enlarge" option underneath the image.

Do have have to manually create/edit this entry and if so HOW.  Or have I got something set wrong in my sts-display_output.php file.

Any Help Welcome...

I am struggling with this too. I am using sts_template with no custom product pages and I cannot get the "Click to enlarge" text link to show up on any of the product info pages. The popup works fine when you click on the thumbnail, but I would like to be able to have the text link there to encourage people to "Click to enlarge."

Also, interestingly, if you go to a product review page the "Click to enlarge" text link is right where it should be under the thumbnail and works just fine. It just doesn't seem to work in product_info.php.

I've spent hours in this forum and other OSCommerce forums trying to resolve this, any and all help would be appreciated!

Peace,

Gail

What page is the thumbnail on that has the Click to Enlarge link that is working?

Are you asking me for a URL or for a list of all the review.php files?

The URL is http://bodycovr.com/catalog and all of the products will give you the text link after you've clicked on the Reviews button. I need the "Click to enlarge" text link to appear in the initial product info page too.

Clicking on any thumbnail will give you a popup of an enlarged image without any problems.

I really don't know which files specifically are used for displaying the product review pages. None of them have been altered, neither has the product_info.php page.

Thanks for the assist!

Gail

I think it works on that page because STS is capturing all the content from the reveiws page. On the product_info page, I am sticking in the STS variables ($imagesmall, $price, etc) instead of using the $content variable so instead of the OSC product_info content being captured, it is capturing just those variables, which doesn't include what is needed for the popup script to work. We could hard code it if we just had an STS variable for the pID (product ID number).

I think it works on that page because STS is capturing all the content from the reveiws page. On the product_info page, I am sticking in the STS variables ($imagesmall, $price, etc) instead of using the $content variable so instead of the OSC product_info content being captured, it is capturing just those variables, which doesn't include what is needed for the popup script to work. We could hard code it if we just had an STS variable for the pID (product ID number).

I confess to being confused by your answer . . . . I am not using any custom product pages at all. Is the text link is not displaying because of a bug with STS templates? Why would it not work when everything else does? I do not have the expertise to rewrite any of the php here without the risk of breaking it, the less that I have to hand code anything the better.

So, is it possible for you to rewrite your reply to me as if I have no clue what you are talking about?

I do appreciate the help!

Gail

I have not been able to get it to work. Not only that but the module "Also Purchased Products" is not displaying text either. How frustrating! I have product images at the bottom of my product info page that don't give the user a clue as to why they are there.

Peter,

I can't help you with that. I read through the STS info doc (which is very good, have you looked at it?) and I decided that I didn't need to get that complicated with this site.

Peace,

Gail

Is your STS_templates directory in your catalog/includes directory? (catalog/includes/STS_templates/product_info.php.html)

Yes, I just tried it with STS capitalised and that didn't help either.

I'm at a bit of a loss, everything else seems to be working fine.

The reason I want to be able to do it is that I want a different template to use in the checkout pages but I can't get this function working!

Edit: Sorry, doesn't look like we're on my topic any more. Disregard my reply.

According to what I read in the STS Template document, it wasn't neccesary to create that directory if you are not using custom templates for product pages. So in my attempt to keep this site simple, I decided not to do that and to modify the sts_template file only.

Did I get something wrong there? I've had no problems with the site except for a few nagging issues that have been the devil to get resolved.

Thanks,

Gail

Edited by Anlace

I am struggling with this too.  I am using sts_template with no custom product pages and I cannot get the "Click to enlarge" text link to show up on any of the product info pages.  The popup works fine when you click on the thumbnail, but I would like to be able to have the text link there to encourage people to "Click to enlarge."

Also, interestingly, if you go to a product review page the "Click to enlarge" text link is right where it should be under the thumbnail and works just fine.  It just doesn't seem to work in product_info.php.

I've spent hours in this forum and other OSCommerce forums trying to resolve this, any and all help would be appreciated!

Peace,

Gail

SOLUTION FOUND:

I simply changed the product_info.php page to remove TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE on line 109 with 'Click to Enlarge' and everything now works as it should.

Thanks for everyone that attempted to assist me with this today.

Gail

hi, i've just installed a fresh copy of osc & sts201. after running the installation, when i click to go to my main page it got this error

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\sts2\includes\application_top.php on line 511

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\sts2\includes\application_top.php on line 511

can anyone help out

thanks

For all those who, like me, had trouble getting page-specific teplates to work, On August 25th, Christophe B. posted a bug fix file to the contribution.

This fix needs to be added plus the line:

$scriptname = getenv('SCRIPT_NAME');

should be inserted above:

$scriptbasename = substr($scriptname, strrpos($scriptname, '/') + 1);.

This should sort the problem for you!

Peter

hi,

i just got sts working on my test site.

i noticed with sts the stylesheet.css does not control the template any more. i tried changing many settings, colors, font etc, but there's just no changes at all on the displayed page no matter how many times i refresh it!!

pls guys, where can i find the css that's controlling the sts template?