• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi Guys,

Reading through this post has been really helpful and STS is a fantastic contribution, does exactly what we want but now I have run into a minor hiccup. Nothing too difficult I don't think but I'm hoping someone here could help me find the needle in a haystack (still quite new at php!!)

At the top of my product info pages before the template is loaded, my product description is showing up!!! Still not quite too sure why! The web address is http://www.princessluluevents.com/shop

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Em

Hi all

Installed this excellent contribution some time ago and its both powerfull and easy to use, wanted to say thanks to the contributor.

While im here though, anyone know why it leaves a gap when a particular infobox is not bieng displayed by oscommerce, Like so:

Image1.jpg

When all the Infoboxes are visable there is only the standard gap, have played around with the sts template endlessly and cannot get rid of it.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Ian,

I want to make a template similar to your template, would you tell me how to do that ???? I'm a newbie in OSC & STS & don't know any php script.

I hope you will give me some tips.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Martin

Hi Martin,

This should fairly simple to do. I can help you out with this if you would like. Send me an email and we can talk.

I just installed STS over another of my carts today. I have never had a problem till now.

When clicking on the links that take you to the products description this is what I get:

Warning: main(includes/sts_product_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xteammod/public_html/Store/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/sts_product_info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xteammod/public_html/Store/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

What is happening??

My site died!

For some reason I am getting the following errors:

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bridalwo/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 286

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bridalwo/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 286

The code there looks like this:

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

Wierd thing is that this was working fine. Made some other changes which didnt work, re-uploaded the original files, and now it's not working.

This is a live site that has been operating fine since April. Can anyone help me here?

Hi all:

Have a question rearding errors. If a customer recieves an error, in the non-STS store, wouldn't the error appear at the top of the page? In STS, there is no predefined field for this, is there?

My problem is that when credit cards are denied, the customer cannot see the error (I'm guessing because of the lack the the "error" field).

How can I get this to appear in STS?

John Skurka

I have to stop posting questions in the wrong place... <_<

I'm using the STS 2.01 contribution, I checked the readme file but have not seen if there's a way of having different pages for different languages...

I use some images with words in my template but then when I switch to another language the images stay the same with the words in the wrong language... is there any way I could correct this?

Thanks in advanced

I need to know before I keep on going any further...

I want to know if I can somehow make the images change as I change the languages, maybe I can have a different 'sts_template.html' for each language?

Does anyone have the answer to my question?

:unsure:

I just installed STS over another of my carts today. I have never had a problem till now.

When clicking on the links that take you to the products description this is what I get:

CODE 

Warning: main(includes/sts_product_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xteammod/public_html/Store/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/sts_product_info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xteammod/public_html/Store/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

What is happening??

You need to edit your configure.php file. Download the one off your server prior to editing or you will crash your shop

I only do what my Rice Krispies tell me to do!

Have a question rearding errors. If a customer recieves an error, in the non-STS store, wouldn't the error appear at the top of the page? In STS, there is no predefined field for this, is there?

My problem is that when credit cards are denied, the customer cannot see the error (I'm guessing because of the lack the the "error" field).

How can I get this to appear in STS?

Please look through this thread before you post. People are asking the same questions over and over and over. Trust me, with 150+ pages in this thread, chances are someone has already posted and received an answer to the same problem you have.

The answer you need is just 5 pages back: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=58541&st=1456

Sorry, don't mean to be mean.

Please look through this thread before you post.  People are asking the same questions over and over and over.  Trust me, with 150+ pages in this thread, chances are someone has already posted and received an answer to the same problem you have.

The answer you need is just 5 pages back: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=58541&st=1456

Sorry, don't mean to be mean.

Sorry, I always search for answers before posting, but the search in this forum leaves something to be desired. I searched for both "STS error" and "SIMPLE TEMPLATE SYSTEM ERROR" and found a bunch of topics not relevant to STS. Also, to read through 150 pages isn't exactly easy to do in one sitting -sorry.

Thanks for the answer to my problem - I'll check it out tonight.

John Skurka

I am just having a play around with OSC + STS to evaluate it.

I have a brand new OSC installation on localhost, using the excellent IBServer application, modified with STS using the 'simple' method'. All categories, products, etc. are the default samples and I have not even begun to modify the template.

All works well without STS installed.

With STS, however, the store displays fine but the page load hangs and the progress bar freezes for about 5 seconds at the end. Eventually it finishes but then displays a spurious "<-" at the bottom of the page, about 4 lines below the Diamondsea copyright notice.

I have experimented with various files and found that if I remove the line "tep_session_close();" from application_bottom.php then this does not occur.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

I know it sounds a bit strange but I need to use different images for each language...

Can I have a different 'sts_template.html' for each language I use?

Would it work if I link for instance the english flag to 'sts_template.html' and the spanish flag to 'sts_template1.html'? Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks in advanced.

I know it sounds a bit strange but I need to use different images for each language...

Can I have a different 'sts_template.html' for each language I use?

Would it work if I link for instance the english flag to 'sts_template.html' and the spanish flag to 'sts_template1.html'? Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks in advanced.

Well I got no answer so I suppose what I'm asking can't be done...

My next step will be to perform as many oscommerce installs as languages I need... If someone else can think of a better solution I'll be pleased to hear about it.

In the meanwhile I have another question: is there a way to use a common database for all of the installs or will I have to make the changes and future updates to each one separately?

Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry that I don't know an answer to the first question, but hopefully someone can still answer you about that. Look at this post and see if it helps at all.

Otherwise, here is a contribution that may help you if you have to set up 3 stores with one database. Don't know how it works, but found it one day going through other contributions. It is called Multiple "Mini-Stores" with 1 Admin

I just set up a store using STS on a windows server. For some reason, the STS links (such as $urlcat_XX) are messing up the session ID, and the name of the category will be tacked on to the end of the oscID.

For example, suppose I have a category named "soundtracks", and it's ID is 26. If I create a link in my template like this: $urlcat_26, this is what I get back:

http://mydomain/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=...7b1asoundtracks

So the name of the category is being tacked on the end of the ID, which messes up everything and gives me errors. Weird! And it must be STS, because all the links in the category box (not run by STS) work just fine.

What is the problem?

I am just having a play around with OSC + STS to evaluate it.

I have a brand new OSC installation on localhost, using the excellent IBServer application, modified with STS using the 'simple' method'. All categories, products, etc. are the default samples and I have not even begun to modify the template.

All works well without STS installed.

With STS, however, the store displays fine but the page load hangs and the progress bar freezes for about 5 seconds at the end. Eventually it finishes but then displays a spurious "<-" at the bottom of the page, about 4 lines below the Diamondsea copyright notice.

I have experimented with various files and found that if I remove the line "tep_session_close();" from application_bottom.php then this does not occur.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks.

From the STS FAQ:

3) At the bottom of each page, I see the characters "</".

Answer: You need to upgrade your server's version of PHP. This was a subtle bug in older versions. Updating your PHP will fix it. You should upgrade it anyway, since if you are running a version with this problem, there are also security fixes that have been added to later versions of PHP that you need to secure your system.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but it might be...

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

Hello,

Sorry that I don't know an answer to the first question, but hopefully someone can still answer you about that.  Look at this post and see if it helps at all.

Otherwise, here is a contribution that may help you if you have to set up 3 stores with one database.  Don't know how it works, but found it one day going through other contributions.  It is called Multiple "Mini-Stores" with 1 Admin

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks Kevin!!!

I went to the first link and it was THE exact solution to what I need. No need to set up 3 stores now, which is very good news to me.

Brian regarding your PS in the post Kevin sent me to, I think it'll be a great idea to add the $langid tag in the next version (in sts_display_output.php) I'm sure I'm not the only one setting up a store with this great contribution and more than one language.

Thanks again for your help and for answering Kevin... and thanks to you too Brian.

;)

Great, GREAT contribution, however, I'm new to this, and, I'm having trouble doing the following. My site will have five tabs at the top (similar to amazon.com), and, I need the tabs to change colors when I go to the different sections (grey for inactive, red for active). how do I do this?

Hello,

Is there any tags for the categories. I think the product info tags are great, but what about if you just want to display the information to the user via the category page. IE Say I want to display the price, add to cart, and the other options (product attributes) the user has when buying the items.

Great Contribution thanks so much!

Great, GREAT contribution, however, I'm new to this, and, I'm having trouble doing the following.  My site will have five tabs at the top (similar to amazon.com), and, I need the tabs to change colors when I go to the different sections (grey for inactive, red for active).  how do I do this?

Create a different category template for each category with the appropriate tab colors for each.

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

From the STS FAQ:

3) At the bottom of each page, I see the characters "</".

Thanks Brian,

That's exactly it.

Where is the STS FAQ located?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

STS is a great thing , but then I make installations on my locaserver, then see error

My OS - win XP

Apache/1.3.28

PHP 4.3.3.

MySQL 4.0.15-nt

I use easy method, first I install OsCommerce ( at \OSC\ directory ).

OsCommerce was work well. Hovewer after I add files in \include dir and change configure.php then can see ( when I start work ):

Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tableboxmessagestack in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\osc\includes\classes\message_stack.php on line 20

May be I make anything wrong ....? pls help