• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Does?nt anyone have any suggestions on this one?  ;)

I would like to have the "my account", "check out" and the "cart contents" in graphical buttons instead of text links. Support for multiple languages is a must.

thx B)

So why can't you use $myaccountlogo $cartlogo and $checkoutlogo ?

Cause I need to have the buttons in diffrent languages ;)

Is that possible? Were do you define new images?

I have installed BTS v1.2. I like the way you can change the layout of your site.

Here is the problem with the main content part of my site. See

My Webpage for the error message. Please.

Thanks.

Sorry, the version is STS v1.2.

Help, please.

Hi,

I have just installed STS 2.01. I've checked all my install, and all seems correct. However, when I look at my site, the $content doesn't seem to be working because my central content is blank! All the boxes load correctly, everything else is fine. When I look at the source of the site, all I see where the content should be is <!--Begin Content--!><!--End Content--!> With nothing between. It's like the template is skipping my content completely. Any suggestions?

How would I create a variable in STS that would display the price of a certain item in my catalog?

For example, I have a store and because of my unique layout I had to do the product tables on the category pages in HTML. This is a pain because when I update the prices in the database, I then have to go and change the HTML pages by hand. What I'd like to do is replace the prices on the HTML page with variables that STS can then replace with the correct prices.

I'm thinking all I need to do is make a query to the database for the price of a product and then save that to a var $product1price, or something like that. Would it slow down the store to do this for say 55 products?

Thanks everyone.

is there any way to force the main sts template to parse php on the page. I have a javascript that is partially generated by php and making anew box would exxentially require me to rewrite the javascript. I need to place the JS on the template and have the php parsed tomake it work.

is there any way to forse STS to parse php that is directly located on the template file?

having a hard time searching for this, but I've been putting up a few new osc sites, with 2.2ms2 v2 & the latest STS, and every time, each page has a trailing

</

on the bottom of the index page

is this a reported issue? I've had it happen on a few different servers recently, just using the stock milestone osc, not modified, & simply copying over the sts files & adding the info in the configure.php will produce this 'error' each time..any ideas?

Is there a contribution available that allows me to add a couple of extra photos to the product info page when using simple template system?

If not would it be possible for me to create my own variable for the HTML page to input a couple more photos?

Regards

Tim

on further testing, it seems that STS is truncating the last tag on the template.. if my last tag is </html> -

the following

</

is actually output (& then displayed at the bottom of all pages) instead of </html>

if I change the very last tag to <font>

it only truncates the trailing > sign, resulting in

<fon

being displayed... this happens with the stock STS template on a fresh MS2 v2 install .Has anyone else seen this unusual behavior?

Thanks in advance.

I've got a freelance site to design/build, and I'm wondering how well the STS Contribution works. I want to use OSC to build the site but don't necessarily want it to look like the last site I built using OSC...

Also, this one isn't a shopping site but does need to be a db site, so while the backend is necessary the frontend look isn't.

Advice? Input? Most appreciated, thanks!

OK, I used product_info.php.html to lay out my product pages. I got the Click to Enlarge text to show up, but it seems I am missing something, because when I click on the link, it just takes me back to the Home Page. I thought product_info.html.php was supposed to help you lay out your Product pages just by using html. But it seems some code is missing?

Did the Click to Enlarge function work on previous versions of STS, and just got broken in 2.0, with the product_info.php.html feature? Any advice would be great, as I am pulling my hair out trying to fix this.

You can see this in action here:

My Webpage, and click on any product.

Wow, I saw this post eairlier this morning and figured you would have a ton of replies. Since knowone had bothered let me add my thoughts.

I'm using STS to design my new Vinyl Cutting site. So far I've found it extreamly easy to install and use and I've been editing it using MS FrontPage. You can do just about anything you want with it and still have the basic OCS engine. I like it and recommend it however this is just my opinion and I'm sure you will get other advice as this thread continues.

Guy Fuller

starcad,

how dp u actually change the look?

when i opened the sts_template.html, there are all tables only.

do u mean we can change the way of the tables & add graphics in to the main pages or wat?

the box is also limited, can we add new boxes on the page & how?

Hi Daniel, yes you can add or delete almost anything you want. Between using the templete and the stylesheet.css you can change the look and feel of the entire site. STS made it really easy for me to change things I wanted out and to put things in. Change colors of the page and also helped me in understanding how OCS really works.

Let me know if you are having problems and I'll try and help.

Guy

You can do just about anything you want with it and still have the basic OCS engine. 

By "do anything" do you mean, design a site and then apply the OSC engine behind it? Kind of like plugging in the OSC parts behind a frontend that's built separately?

That's what I need to do-- design an "artsy" site, then plug a database behind it. Is this what the STS contribution is capable of? I already know how to change colors of things using the stylesheet and html code.

Thanks for your input, Guy!

I could not find the answer to this... I am using an index.php_0.html file so that I can make a custom homepage. It is affecting my Manufacturers pages, is there a way to make custom templates for each Manufacturer page? I do not want the homepage to appear at the top of every manufacturer page..lol Please see the link below and click on a manufacturer from the 'Artists' box at the left.

Please help! I am really in great need. Check my site here: http://www.oakcreekmarketplace.com/oakcreekprintworks/

Oak Creek Printworks Store

starcad,

may be u can direct us to your site to take alook.

wat i wan to do is like jenny. to change to look & feel of the page.

hope this can be done! i tried to use bts but no luck, always get stucked. hope sts can do it

It has been mentioned by a couple of people who I have suggested this STS contribution too that it slows their shop down so much they are forced to remove the STS. :(

I have not experienced this, but I must admit I am on a 56k connection so I attribute such load times to that, is this a problem for all? if so is there a fix for this?

My test site is at http://www.eurorep.net/eurorepretail see if it is slow plz :blink:

Hi Brian!

First: great great great contrib!

I know that sts doesn't work with coolmenu - just found out and then found it on the dynamic-sea page.

I looked through the code and saw that it would take it's time to figure out how to get coolmenu to work.

What I wanted to ask, (bec. I don't have that much time to wait for a fix) is:

Could you give me a hint what the problem is?

I looked things through - coolmenu generates it's code as it should

STS puts everything except this code where it should be

and thats the problem - sts puts everything in it's right place (even the coolmenu environment), except the menudata generated by coolmenu.

Maybe you can give me a tip what the problem is and I would be much faster to work it out and give it back to you and the community!

In the meanwhile I have lots of other things to do and am curious to your answer!

Thanks in advance! STS made things very easy and the shop project I'm working on isn't looking like all the other OSC shops anymore!

I could not find the answer to this... I am using an index.php_0.html file so that I can make a custom homepage. It is affecting my Manufacturers pages, is there a way to make custom templates for each Manufacturer page? I do not want the homepage to appear at the top of every manufacturer page..lol Please see the link below and click on a manufacturer from the 'Artists' box at the left.

Please help! I am really in great need. Check my site here: http://www.oakcreekmarketplace.com/oakcreekprintworks/

Yep, this won't work. I'll try to whip up a fix for you...

- bg

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

HOW TO CREATE PRODUCT-SPECIFIC TEMPLATES IN STS:

STS is awesome, but currently you can only create one generic template for all the products. The code below will allow you to create templates for every single product in your store. This will allow you to put extra pics on a particular product page, put additional info about a product, and even do cross-selling and upselling. The possibilities are endless!

This code was contributed by Chris Langtiw (screen name: Jaxx), and I take no credit.

If you are using STS 2.01, look in sts_display_output.php around line 116 for this code:

// Look for category-specific template file like "index.php_1_17.html"
 $sts_check_file = STS_TEMPLATE_DIR . "index.php_$sts_cpath.html";

if (file_exists($sts_check_file)) {
   // Use it
   $sts_template_file = $sts_check_file;
 } 

}

Right below this code (stated above), put this code:

///////Product-specific templates (contributed by Chris L.)
// Are we in the product_info.php script?
if ($scriptbasename == "product_info.php") {
// Look to see whether the product id was sent, otherwise don't bother
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
  $sts_productid = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

// Look for product-specific template file like "product_info.php_17.html"
  $sts_check_file = STS_TEMPLATE_DIR . "product_info.php_$sts_productid.html";

if (file_exists($sts_check_file)) {
    // Use it
    $sts_template_file = $sts_check_file;
  } 
}
}
///////

So for example, a template for product with ID=17 would look like: "product_info.php_17.html".

*IDEA: Also if you have lots of products, and you want 1 template for say all your computer-related products which have ID's 1-20, you could change the code above a little and add an IF statement to check a range of ID's and then call a specific template for all those products. I haven't done this myself and so I can't help you out on it, but it seems like it would be easy to do.

Anyway, this code works for me. Hopefully it will work for you guys too!

-Philip