• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I've recently installed STS and when tried to a add custom template for product details started getting these warnings:

Warning: include(/home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: uksort() [function.uksort]: The argument should be an array in /home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 142

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/***/public_html/murzilka.sts/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 145

Additionally to that none of the template variables like $productname are not replaced with actual content. SEO short links are already disabled.

Does anybody know how to fix that? Or at least give some suggestion?

Hi,

I have an issue with checkout_confirmation.php in that it seems to break my sts template by defaulting the center content to 1000px wide approx regardless of the template, thus pushing my right column over and making a mess.

I've implemented the bug fix found on here but this has not made a difference to the result when displaying the page.

Ive tried with a little css, and forcing table width but to no avail.

To my knowledge ive only added the contribution to 'check terms before purchase'(Agree2Terms_v1.7.1) to this page. Could this be the issue?

Anyway, what is the reason there was an issue with checkout_confirmation.php busting the sts template, and any pointer in the right direction of how to sort it would be sweet.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

B

Bryndog, a lone crusader charged with not messing up

Thanks to any an all for your help and advice.

• 2 weeks later...

STSv4.6 will work with osc v2.3.1 as long as you remove the stock osCommerce template engine. You do this by reverse engineering the code by undoing the changes suggested in the osC RC2a to osCv2.3.1 upgrade instructions.

Hi, i looked in the upgrade instructions here but i didn't found anything regarding template engine.

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place or in the wrong way, i and i believe many of us would appreciate if you or someone else could give us some more directions.

I forgot to add that i have a clean 2.3.1 install hence i didn't made an upgrade from 2.2RCa.

Thank you ;) ,

Rodrigo.

Edited by rhernando

Hello all.

I have a full functional OSCommerce store with STS, and few contributions.

Our logs give us a 25% of smartphone connections, and our "normal" store doesn't fit very well with the light navigators, as well as the functionality done when developed thinking in desktop computers.

We have a couple of doubts:

1.-) Could be possible to change "on the fly" the template depending on the access type?

2.-) Has somebody some examples to begin working in a template for smartphones?

We have found some pre-configured template stores, but they are only for iPhone, and it doesn't work well in Andorid, i.e.

Thank you.

Crester

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can STS be used in the 2.3.1 version ?

I added all the files exactly as shown. This is not a clean site so I am doing it maually as per the instructyions provided and ran into a snag as soon as I went to make the necessary changes on the very first required change.

The very first step is to go to admin/modules.php and locate " switch ($set) ". It is not in that module nor is it in the " admin/includes/languages/english/modules.php ".

I have reviewed it several time using several different programs and from what I can tell from looking at the earlier versions the " switch ( $set )" is close to the top of the page but it is not there in the 2.3.1 version.

Has anyone tried this on 2.3.1 ?

If so can you please direct me how where it may be ?

Thank you in advance,

Tracie

STS is incompatible with 2.3.1

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Could you please advise me as to where I would find " switch ($set) " ? I've looked several time in the

admin/modules.php and did not see it. I also had someone else look just in case I was missing it and they couldn't see it either. I did a search for it and nothing came up. There was 2 other switch located but not this one.

I had no luck finding it in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules.php either.

Your help would be greatly appreciated if you have the time to spare.

Thank you in advance,

Tracie

STS is incompatible with 2.3.1

At this point in time, unless you want to dump your 2.3.1 site an go back to RC2a you can't use STS.

OK?

:unsure:

Edited by germ

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I installed STS v4.6 and UltraPics on oscommerce-2.2rc2a. when I disable the STS, I can open the shop with Internet Explorer 8.0 properly.

if I enable the STS v4.6 and the images cannot be displayed and makes the website in a mass when I open the website with Internet Explorer 8.0.

There are no issue if I use Firefox to open my site.

it reported pharse error of the first line and first row of following files:

builder.js

lightbox.js

prototype.js

scriptaculous.js

if there is anyone know how to solve this problem?

Should I post it in the thread of Ultrpics or here?

Please help me.

Thanks in advanced.

ChunTse

Im using STS version 4.6 with osC version 2.2RC2a

Have fully functional working well STS template designed shop for which I am now changing the design. Previously only used sts_template.html and product template with $content placeholder centrally positioned to sts_template.html.

This may not be an STS issue but having new shop's opening page as an html file with only selected placeholders in the breabcrumb line of the design and category placeholder to left, I want forward selection to be from category list but to achieve that I need to create index.php_22.html template incorporating $category and $content placeholders and so on and so on for each category. In turn this seems to demand copying these templates for shop non-category active files such as password_forgotten.php,account_history.php, checkout_payment.php - in other words for the $content element of each template there seems to have to be a matching STS html file.

What I would like to do rather than duplicating so many STS templates is to retain just the sts_template.html and a product template BUT remove/never revert to the osCommerce 'home/welcome page' generated by index.php on its own.

Hope this makes sense. Any ideas anyone?

bkellum, on 18 February 2011, 05:26, said:
STSv4.6 will work with osc v2.3.1 as long as you remove the stock osCommerce template engine. You do this by reverse engineering the code by undoing the changes suggested in the osC RC2a to osCv2.3.1 upgrade instructions.

Hi, So how does one go about removing the 'Stock os commerce template engine' that has been mentioned to make STS4.6 compatible with OSC v2.3.1 - Like people before me, I have installed a fresh version of v.2.3.1 and no upgraded from RC2 - Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not very prepared to use RC2, I much prefer v2.3.1 - Thanks very much in advance guys, really.

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys!!! Great Group!!

Had a quick question on hiding a category from $categorybox$

There is a Category I don't want to show... just for testing purposes.. ? Wondering if there is any "arguments" that go along with this tag / function?

Thanks!!

Got it.. I just read it in the manual. .. sorry.

Here is a new question though:

I want to pass a simple GET or POST variable to a product page to attach to an attribute for a certain product.. ..

It is a small variable... like :

/product_info.php?products_id=50?eventName=This+is+the+event+name&date=2011-10-25

Now, how do I go about adding this variable to a blank product page that has a value for price. I some how need to pass these two variables all the way through to the checkout process, so we know what event is being purchased... ??

Thanks so much.

Edited by eberswine

Hi,

Ive added STS to a blank installation. All seems OK on install except the admin left hand lest is a bit all over the place, but thats not the problem.

Ive gone thro the whole installation, switched on all four modules in sts, loaded the simple template and none of the changes I have made are being reflected on the pages.

Its clearly not picking up the simple template.

Am I missing something. Has something been omitted from the instructions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am missing the next / previous buttons on the product search page. If you select a category from the left hand menu (say in my case shirts) the shirt page opens up, and currently I have set the maximum amount of images to be displayed as 200.

I had to up the number as we have 20/30 products in each category, but now the page is loading slower. I increased the search number as the previous / next buttons are not showing, although they do on the product new page.

I am not sure the reason which page to start looking at, any help - I can see some code in product.new which I assume is for the next/prev, but I can not see it index.php (is the right place to look)

Any help would be great

I am missing the next / previous buttons on the product search page. If you select a category from the left hand menu (say in my case shirts) the shirt page opens up, [...] the previous / next buttons are not showing, although they do on the product new page.

[...]I can see some code in product.new which I assume is for the next/prev[...]

The issue is not connected with STS. The file where the "prev/next code" should be in is catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php.

Find a clean file from the osCommerce version you are using, compare it with the one you have, and add the code

That's brill - I did not think it would be a STS thing exactly - I just was not sure where to look , the STS documentation said that the main content is dragged from index.html - but I could not see any thing there - thanks for the heads up - I have done multiple site changes over the years, and I have obviously doe some thing silly along the way!!

Hello, this is my first post here. So be gentle. I usually can find an answer by searching. I'm not even sure how to phrase this one for the search.

I have implemented version 4.6. and everything seems to be working correctly. I have installed a membership script and I am trying to use the same template I used for the STS and the site .

In the members folder I get the template with the place holder showing and not the actual oscommerce components.

I'm think it is a path issue, but just can't figure it out. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Does anyone can help me?

I have: osc V.2.2 RC2a and I'm trying to add dynamic meta tags to products page. I tried kissMT but it doesn't work, maybe it need some mod. to work correctly.

What contribution do you suggest to me? Please note that, if have dynamic meta tags isn't so easy, I can also fill a field with keywords product by product this isn't a big problem, the important is that it works correctly and promotes indexing on search engines.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey franz85e I think this thread is dead. That was my first post to the forums. Not very promising.

I usually find what I need by searching. Seems most of the issues I have, have already been addressed except for this last one. I found a work around. Now I have I have a new one.

In the category box, I have to much space between the top and bottom of the category list. Only appears in IE and Chrome.

If any one is monitoring this thread with any idea for a fix, I'll check back periodically.

• 9 months later...

We have a couple old sites in our network (that I'm now responsible for) that use OSC 2.2 MS2 and STS 1.2 - obviously pretty old. But so heavily modded that I don't really want to mess with them until we are ready to completely move them off of OSC into our new CMS system. I'm trying to do a couple things and am getting stuck due to STS. The main issue I'm having is that I'm trying to plug in an iframe into a few of the sts templates. I have the file that I'm framing hosted in the /catalog directory. It's a really basic .html file that consists of text and links. The problem I'm having is that the file that is showing up in the iframe is being wrapped in the sts template and I don't want that to happen. Is there a simple way to prevent specific files that are being iframed from having the sts template wrapper applied? I've done countless searches trying to find a way to do this with no luck.

Edited by ludachris