• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I'm having a problem with using the ie conditional and the sts module, for some reason (and I've tried almost everything) when I do the if gte IE 7 or IE etc to link a special css it simply doesn't work. I can even leave the special css empty and it still will default to the standard css I'm using. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out...

If I put some text on the conditional it shows on the top of the page, so I know it's detecting the IE version correctly but it will not load the css for some reason :(.

I'm having a problem with using the ie conditional and the sts module, for some reason (and I've tried almost everything) when I do the if gte IE 7 or IE etc to link a special css it simply doesn't work. I can even leave the special css empty and it still will default to the standard css I'm using. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out...

If I put some text on the conditional it shows on the top of the page, so I know it's detecting the IE version correctly but it will not load the css for some reason sad.gif.

Check your doctype for each template page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Can anyone who's successfully implemented the "Products Listing in Columns" contribution in a store using the STS template share the customizations you made to make the contrib work with the template?

Here's one person who would be INSANELY grateful. And I do mean insane.

:)

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Julie :)

Edited by atlasoff

Can anyone who's successfully implemented the "Products Listing in Columns" contribution in a store using the STS template share the customizations you made to make the contrib work with the template?

Here's one person who would be INSANELY grateful. And I do mean insane.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Julie :)

can you give a link to the addon?

can you give a link to the addon?

Actually, in looking up the link for "Product Listing in Columns" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112) to give it to you, I found a much newer contribution "[TiM's osC Solutions] Products in Columns" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7159) that implies it works happily for STS users!

So instead of you spending one lick of time trying to help me solve my problem, I'll first give this contribution a shot and report back with the results.

*Thank you* so much for responding!!

Julie

Actually, in looking up the link for "Product Listing in Columns" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112) to give it to you, I found a much newer contribution "[TiM's osC Solutions] Products in Columns" (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7159) that implies it works happily for STS users!

So instead of you spending one lick of time trying to help me solve my problem, I'll first give this contribution a shot and report back with the results.

*Thank you* so much for responding!!

Julie

OOH-LA-LA. Turns out, TiM's osC Solutions Products in Columns (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7159) IS THE BOMB! I upload a *one* file only, don't have to make modifications, it updates the DB immediately without any work on my part, and voila! I have my colums!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I feel like dancing down my street right now. No joke.

Julie :thumbsup:

Edited by atlasoff

The one I use is Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings and it works very well with sts.

I have been on these forums so much over the past couple of weeks that my eyes are crossing. It took me 48 hours just to figure out how to make a drop-down box that WASN'T for products (it was a form for them to fill out to ask for advice before buying my products). Now I've been searching through STS forum for the last hour and a half and I still don't understand how to get an infobox to show up on my pages. I added a custom box to my front page (before STS) and, now that I've turned STS on, it's gone! I have read so much that I just can't read anymore! Can someone please tell me what goes in what file?! PLEASE?!!!! Sorry for being so grouchy. A person can just only handle so much of these forums! Right now I'm pretty much guilty of just about every thing listed under the "How to make a horrible OSC site" (or however it's worded)....except that I've followed the security suggestions (YAY!). Right now, I'm trying to make a pretty template but I'm already stuck.

The good thing is that I'm learning alot.....but, tonight....I'm just not in the mood for this, anymore! PLEASE HELP before I pull my hair out! :-(

I have been on these forums so much over the past couple of weeks that my eyes are crossing. It took me 48 hours just to figure out how to make a drop-down box that WASN'T for products (it was a form for them to fill out to ask for advice before buying my products). Now I've been searching through STS forum for the last hour and a half and I still don't understand how to get an infobox to show up on my pages. I added a custom box to my front page (before STS) and, now that I've turned STS on, it's gone! I have read so much that I just can't read anymore! Can someone please tell me what goes in what file?! PLEASE?!!!! Sorry for being so grouchy. A person can just only handle so much of these forums! Right now I'm pretty much guilty of just about every thing listed under the "How to make a horrible OSC site" (or however it's worded)....except that I've followed the security suggestions (YAY!). Right now, I'm trying to make a pretty template but I'm already stuck.

The good thing is that I'm learning alot.....but, tonight....I'm just not in the mood for this, anymore! PLEASE HELP before I pull my hair out! :-(

Jenny,

The STS User Manaul tells you how to do this:

4.2.1 Add new variables in sts_user_code.php

If you want to add any new boxes or template variables, add them in the

includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file. An example of the correct code syntax is provided in the file.

When adding a new contribution to your store that adds a new infobox, you will need to define a new STS tag for the new infobox being created by that contribution.

How to add a new infobox variable(tag) to STS:

Add this code to sts_user_code.php

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'infobox_name.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('infobox_name', 'box');

The above would create a STS user tag called $infobox_name$. Place this tag anywhere in your template where you want this new box to appear.

Change what you need to make it work for your specific box name.

In the sample above, the new box being added was infobox_name.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Jenny,

The STS User Manaul tells you how to do this:

Thanks, Bill! Ya know, I think I had just been on here too long and everything was blending together and I was just missing it. I had, actually, already put the tag in my template. I just missed the part about how to define it somewhere so that it would work. I should have just taken a break and come back to it. My mom and I own a gift business and, with Christmas coming up, we're in a mad rush! Business has been slow so it's really important that we get this done soon!

Thanks again and sorry for asking something that I had the answer to in my computer. :-) Coding can be so frustrating during the learning process. I'm sure even the "experts" get frustrated sometimes, too! Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I searched for my answer but couldn't find it. This is urgent..

Im using STS 4.6__1 and OSC 2.2RC2a

Followed the install directions to the T. (uploaded files)

When in Admin user dashboard I have broken pieces of PHP code showing, such as:

in Menu:

) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_ORDER_TOTAL . ''); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); ?>

in Footer:

INFO_VERSION . ' ' . $sversion . ' (' . TEXT_INFO_ONLINE_STATUS . ')'); } $contents[] = array('text' => '

' . $mInfo->description); } break; } if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) { echo ' ' . "\n"; $box = new box; echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents); echo ' ' . "\n"; } ?>

Here's my admin/includes/boxes/modules.php:

<?php
/*
 $Id: modules.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- modules //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_MODULES,
                    'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment&selected_box=modules'));

if ($selected_box == 'modules') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=shipping', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
							   // START STS 4.1
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .
							   // END STS 4.1
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=ordertotal', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_ORDER_TOTAL . '</a>');
 }

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- modules_eof //-->

and no STS option under modules. I am looking into my modules.php page. If there's any need info I can provide for your assistance I will gladly share. Thanks

Edited by nockemout

• 2 weeks later...

SSL troubles

I am getting Firefox security warning "Connection Partially Encrypted" when going secure (My account for example). I have checked all the links in sts_template.html and style.css, all of them are relative, no "http:" hardcoded. Where else should I look?

Any ideas?

web: www.ipodnow.cz

Edited by qwasha

SSL troubles

I am getting Firefox security warning "Connection Partially Encrypted" when going secure (My account for example). I have checked all the links in sts_template.html and style.css, all of them are relative, no "http:" hardcoded. Where else should I look?

Any ideas?

web: www.ipodnow.cz

I forgot to write that I am on STS4.6 and when I turn it off in admin, everything works fine ...

I searched all of the STS files for any absolute links, I tried different themes (even those originally supplied with STS distribution). It looks like the problem lies somewhere else.

Opera and IE are ok, only the Firefox has problems.

Any ideas?

Edited by qwasha

Solved. New Firefox checks for missing content like images and css. In my case there was a reference to lightbox.css in the sts_template.html.

Valuable resources:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1234052/firefox-3-5-warns-that-page-contains-unauthenticated-content

http://www.saynotoflash.com/archives/firefox-3-broken-images-breaking-ssl/

I've just installed this on a fresh install of osc, it shows up in the modules manager and i'm able to install all of the modules apart from 'default' which obviously is the one thats needed, any ideas why i can install the others but not the main one?

No error, just refreshes the page.

Edited by Silentone

Where can I edit what is shown by $content$?

$content$ is the content of the actual .php file that is getting displayed. Fr example contact_us.php, shopping_cart.php, index.php etc. Whatever you want to edit, you need to do it there.

An exception to this, is the product info page, if you use the CONTENT template for product info, then you don't use a general $content$ tag, but special tags for the different elements, ie $price$, $name$ etc

$content$ is the content of the actual .php file that is getting displayed. Fr example contact_us.php, shopping_cart.php, index.php etc. Whatever you want to edit, you need to do it there.

An exception to this, is the product info page, if you use the CONTENT template for product info, then you don't use a general $content$ tag, but special tags for the different elements, ie $price$, $name$ etc

Thank you! Solved my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Here comes a noob question so please bear with me.

I have STS4.6 installed on RC2 and now have made some extra pages with Bill Kellum´s contri for making extra pages.

I have 3 languages and i have made a new page for each language.

What i would like to know is : how do i put in a Table and design these pages as in Dreamweaver , when i put in a table in design view it doesn´t show up on the website , but when i put a table in in code view i have no idea what it looks like in real life and it doesn´t show up in design view.

I have been reading the manual and on the forum but i just don´t get it.

Any help is greatly apriciated.

My website is HERE , have a look at the pages in my header navigation ( only " Códigos VIN " has something in it)

Greets, Rob

Fatal error: Call to a member function call_api() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/checkout_process.php on line 127

Anybody know why this is happening after STS install?

Edited by zeus_r6