• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Download the bkellum 15 Feb 2010 version.

The person who has uploaded the last two obviously is having issues with zip files.

pinch.gif

Added in edit - I have reported the corrupt zip files.

Maybe they will be removed soon.

Seeing how "coolwool_1221" has never so much as even posted in the forums, I highly doubt his upload was valid to begin with. Seeing that there IS NO missing folders in the previous download (Feb 2010), I'm sure this was nothing more than a virus attack or attempted spam.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi. I'm having the same problems as two previous posters, getting this error:

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/heddle/includes/application_top.php on line 174

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/heddle/includes/application_top.php on line 174

I am using the Feb 15 V4.6 version with manual file edit, and have tried re-uploading twice, and have compared my files with the ones in the RC2 folder twice using a file comparison program. I can only suppose I have an error in my configure file. Can anyone tell me if this is so?

This is a new site, but it was working properly before I tried installing this. I have previously installed most of the suggested contributions in the Secure Your Site thread, so no problem making installations, but I did have a problem with my configure.php settings before.

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://natrlobs.sc22.info/');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://natrlobs.sc22.info/');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://natrlobs.sc22.info/');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']); 
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', 'heddle/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/heddle/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . '/home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/backups/');

I appreciate any feedback!

Hi. I'm having the same problems as two previous posters, getting this error:

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/heddle/includes/application_top.php on line 174

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/naturalobsessionsfiber.org/heddle/includes/application_top.php on line 174

I am using the Feb 15 V4.6 version with manual file edit, and have tried re-uploading twice, and have compared my files with the ones in the RC2 folder twice using a file comparison program. I can only suppose I have an error in my configure file. Can anyone tell me if this is so?

STS does not require any changes to the configure.php files.

If you are having the same problem as the others you listed, it is because of user error on your part. You need to focus on the installation and install STS completely and accurately.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

STS does not require any changes to the configure.php files.

If you are having the same problem as the others you listed, it is because of user error on your part. You need to focus on the installation and install STS completely and accurately.

I realize that STS does not require any change to the configure.php file. Having spent the entire afternoon attempting to find whatever error I made, and reinstalling STS completely and accurately, I am left wondering whether some existing error in my configure.php file might be getting triggered by STS. This is only an hypothesis.

As I say, I've gone over the installation multiple times without finding whatever error I made. Any clues which ones might be more likely to kick out the error I'm getting? There is nothing else on the page but those two error warnings--the whole admin is now inaccessible.

Hi all, first post here, I don't have too much knowledge about php but trying to get around :)

So my question is about the quick horizontal search ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456 )

It works fine, but I want it to make the search box automatically resizable to its max length depending on window size.

I tried to add a width=100% but the problem is that it kicks the dropdown category menu and the GO button to the next line, and the text I put in front goes on the line before the search box.

is there any way around this? Thanks!

here's the code

$sts->start_capture();
echo "\n<!-- Search -->\n";
$hide = tep_hide_session_id();
echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('categories_id', tep_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => 'All Categories')))); 
echo '<form name="quick_find" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">';
echo $hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" onFocus=this.value="" size="20" style="width:100%;" maxlength="30" value="' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '"> ';
echo '<input type="submit" value="Go"> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '">' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description', '1') . tep_draw_hidden_field('inc_subcat', '1') . '</a>';
echo '</form>';
echo "<!-- End Search -->\n";
   	$sts->stop_capture('hsearch');

Can anyone advise me? I've been trying to uninstall STS, in order to restore my admin and see where I went wrong. I've removed every STS file I can find and have removed all changes to the existing files, and I'm still getting this same error message:

I can't get into admin at all. There is NOTHING in any of the files mentioned pertaining to STS, and the includes/classes/sts.php file is not there.

Is this a cache problem? How can I clear the cache without access to the admin? And where is this include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php' coming from? I have no path like that on my server.

Can anyone advise me? I've been trying to uninstall STS, in order to restore my admin and see where I went wrong. I've removed every STS file I can find and have removed all changes to the existing files, and I'm still getting this same error message:

I can't get into admin at all. There is NOTHING in any of the files mentioned pertaining to STS, and the includes/classes/sts.php file is not there.

Is this a cache problem? How can I clear the cache without access to the admin? And where is this include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php' coming from? I have no path like that on my server.

This is most likely from uploading the wrong application_top.php or sts.php in the wrong folder on your server.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This is most likely from uploading the wrong application_top.php or sts.php in the wrong folder on your server.

Yep. There are several files that have the same name, but some belong in the /admin folder and others in the /catalog folder. If anyone else is going nuts over this, try making sure you haven't confused them. That and a wonky bluetooth keyboard that doesn't always register my saves cost me a day and a half of wasted time.

Also, for some reason, my includes/header.php file was substantially different than the one in the original OSC download--maybe I overwrote that with the wrong file, too. This caused the front end to disappear until I figured it out. All installed now.

print.JPG

I have innstald a fresh copy and the sts module but why can't I innstall? the infoboxses is missing. please help. thank you

I am having this same problem. I have a fresh install of v.2.2rc2a. I uploaded all of the files from RC2 which includes:

catalog\admin\modules.php

catalog\admin\includes\boxes\modules.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\modules.php (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

catalog\includes\application_bottom.php

catalog\includes\application_top.php

catalog\includes\column_left.php

catalog\includes\column_right.php

catalog\includes\footer.php

catalog\includes\header.php

catalog\includes\classes\boxes.php

catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php

As each file was uploaded it overwrote another file. I checked off each one as I did it. They were all there. I've tried reinstalling several times but it still won't work. The install button is there for the STS Modules but when I press the button nothing happens. Any ideas?

I am having this same problem. I have a fresh install of v.2.2rc2a. I uploaded all of the files from RC2 which includes:

catalog\admin\modules.php

catalog\admin\includes\boxes\modules.php

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\modules.php (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

catalog\includes\application_bottom.php

catalog\includes\application_top.php

catalog\includes\column_left.php

catalog\includes\column_right.php

catalog\includes\footer.php

catalog\includes\header.php

catalog\includes\classes\boxes.php

catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php

As each file was uploaded it overwrote another file. I checked off each one as I did it. They were all there. I've tried reinstalling several times but it still won't work. The install button is there for the STS Modules but when I press the button nothing happens. Any ideas?

Also, I have this error when I try to see my store:

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ......//includes/application_top.php on line 501

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in .../includes/application_top.php on line 501

Before I installed the sts this error was not there and I could see my store just fine.

Also, I have this error when I try to see my store:

Warning: require(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ......//includes/application_top.php on line 501

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in .../includes/application_top.php on line 501

Before I installed the sts this error was not there and I could see my store just fine.

You did not upload the files from the STS folder. You need both sets of files!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all,

Just installed a copy of STS manually on cycdirect.co.uk and I did everything just as the manual set, but now half my pages are showing up completely blank and I can't get to the admin panel to change anything, I didn't enable anything or turn anything on, completely clueless what to do! Really interested in this add on and want to try it out so any help would be really really appreciated

Thanks a lot hope someone can assist me!! :(

-N00b

Hi all,

Just installed a copy of STS manually on cycdirect.co.uk and I did everything just as the manual set, but now half my pages are showing up completely blank and I can't get to the admin panel to change anything, I didn't enable anything or turn anything on, completely clueless what to do! Really interested in this add on and want to try it out so any help would be really really appreciated

Thanks a lot hope someone can assist me!! :(

-N00b

what do mean you cannot get to the admin panel and didn't enable anything? Go to the osCommerce admin panel, go to module>STS and then install, you can then choose which template you want to start working on. To change stuff later on you need to modify the templates files manually (using File Manager of your Cpanel) and maybe also some other files depending of what changes you want to do.

BTW, my question from below is still unanswered if anybody can help :)

Hi all, first post here, I don't have too much knowledge about php but trying to get around :)

So my question is about the quick horizontal search ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456 )

It works fine, but I want it to make the search box automatically resizable to its max length depending on window size.

I tried to add a width=100% but the problem is that it kicks the dropdown category menu and the GO button to the next line, and the text I put in front goes on the line before the search box.

is there any way around this? Thanks!

here's the code

$sts->start_capture();
echo "\n<!-- Search -->\n";
$hide = tep_hide_session_id();
echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('categories_id', tep_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => 'All Categories')))); 
echo '<form name="quick_find" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">';
echo $hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" onFocus=this.value="" size="20" style="width:100%;" maxlength="30" value="' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '"> ';
echo '<input type="submit" value="Go"> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '">' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description', '1') . tep_draw_hidden_field('inc_subcat', '1') . '</a>';
echo '</form>';
echo "<!-- End Search -->\n";
   	$sts->stop_capture('hsearch');

I cant get into the admin panel, I installed it manually and it won't let me get onto the modules page or any of my normal pages on the site :-/ lost!!

I know it's annoying to hear, but I went through two days of grief over this exact issue. What ultimately worked for me was going back over those page edits with a fine-toothed comb. I found several places where I'd either pasted to the wrong place, or else failed to save the file properly, and this was after the third time of going through the darn things! There are so many files to modify, and many of them have the same filename, so it's easy to get confused if you happen to be new to OSC (as I am.)

Hope this helps! I got mine to working, hope you can too.

I know it's annoying to hear, but I went through two days of grief over this exact issue. What ultimately worked for me was going back over those page edits with a fine-toothed comb. I found several places where I'd either pasted to the wrong place, or else failed to save the file properly, and this was after the third time of going through the darn things! There are so many files to modify, and many of them have the same filename, so it's easy to get confused if you happen to be new to OSC (as I am.)

Hope this helps! I got mine to working, hope you can too.

thank you! i will go over everything and make sure im doing it right, luckily i made backups of it all just incase anything like this happened! :)

Hi

I still use a old STS version from 2003. Is it possible to upgrade to the latest version and keep the "settings"?

I tryed to update STS. I have to say, it works very great. Only, there are showing about 2339 error messages and the shop is not longer available. But else, perfect :D

I change back to the original files. Same before. The manual to install is ok. But it shows not how to install the latest STS version if you have a very stinky old versin installed already..........

I found the workaround after playing with the code in /catalogue/index.php

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

the line that shows the image I got rid of the class and the image started the shows with STS was turned on, so change to this

<tr>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Steve

I found the workaround after playing with the code in /catalogue/index.php

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

the line that shows the image I got rid of the class and the image started the shows with STS was turned on, so change to this

<tr>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Steve

Looks like you were simply missing the call to the default stylesheet and that would have taken care of your problem.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions