• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi When I install I get the following error message

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/.....com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/.......com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/.......com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/......com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Can anyone assist at all please. I know there is a problem with one of the includes but am not sure what is wrong Version is RC2 fresh install also it has French language files and there was no french language folders which I did want.

thanks

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/.....com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/sts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/......com/public_html/merchandise/includes/application_top.php on line 501

Can anyone assist at all please. I know there is a problem with one of the includes but am not sure what is wrong Version is RC2 fresh install also it has French language files and there was no french language folders which I did want.

thanks

thanks

You did not complete the STS installation. Compare your files with the files from the contribution (STS folder and Files for RC2 folder).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

dont worry did a fresh install and it was fine but now I get another error message when I try to access the website

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sites/.......com/public_html/merchandise1/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 78

Edited by conway

dont worry did a fresh install and it was fine but now I get another error message when I try to access the website

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sites/.......com/public_html/merchandise1/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 78

I have done two installs now and started from fresh over again and spent a couple of hours trying to get it up and running. Am tired now will try again tommorrow. thanks

I have done two installs now and started from fresh over again and spent a couple of hours trying to get it up and running. Am tired now will try again tommorrow. thanks

If it is a fresh install, simply upload the files from the STS folder & the "Files for RC2" folder. Done. Couldn't be any easier.

Try using a well known FTP Client software to upload your files as this could be your issue as well.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

My installation of OSC is fresh and I have uploaded all of the required files to the correct places, yet I get the same error as conway.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/parkrec/public_html/oscommerce/includes/application_top.php  on line 312

thanks I got it to work now, for some reason filezilla was being difficult and not uploading some of the files fully. It seems to be working now but I just have to work out how to use the template system now. :)

Hi,

I've been using STS happily and successfully on 2 different stores for a while now, so thank you for all your hard work.

However, I just set up a third store, which is a near-duplicate of one of the other working ones. I started by copying ALL the files from one server directory to the other, exported then imported the database, and changed the directory settings in both configure.php files. But my CSS and images are not showing up for my STS templates.

The module can be installed and removed properly. It sees the template folders (dropdown) under /includes/sts_templates/. When I select one from the dropdown -- say, even Blue Hash or one of the other defaults -- it DOES switch to that template and appears to recognize the html (it correctly switches to the layout of the sts_template.html file, except with no CSS or images).

When I view the source, the paths also appear to be correct. I can paste "includes/sts_templates/freeosc_009/freeosc_009_stylesheet.css" after the domain and it brings up the CSS file. If I disable STS, the default OSC template works fine. I'm pulling my hair out over this and can't figure out why the CSS & images won't show, especially since this is an exact duplicate of another working site (which was already used twice successfully on two different servers, with STS fully intact).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by nutlog13

I have Google Analytics working with my STS for quite a while now which is great. I got it working using the link below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=58541&view=findpost&p=1108611

However I need to track the redirect.php page( and use this as a Goal in Google Analytics). This page is obviously not used with STS so I am unsure how to add any tracking code to it.

Can anyone help? What code can I add to the redirect.php page to ensure it tracks too?

Thanks in advance

Lee

I have Google Analytics working with my STS for quite a while now which is great. I got it working using the link below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=58541&view=findpost&p=1108611

However I need to track the redirect.php page( and use this as a Goal in Google Analytics). This page is obviously not used with STS so I am unsure how to add any tracking code to it.

Can anyone help? What code can I add to the redirect.php page to ensure it tracks too?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hi

I'm getting exactly the same problem as you! This is very odd, I'm guessing it is permission error, my host told me that it looks so. I'm not sure where to look but maybe some settings in .htaccess file need to be added, I'm not sure. But please post your fix here if any...

Cheers.

Edited by WorkingHard

Hi,

I've been using STS happily and successfully on 2 different stores for a while now, so thank you for all your hard work.

However, I just set up a third store, which is a near-duplicate of one of the other working ones. I started by copying ALL the files from one server directory to the other, exported then imported the database, and changed the directory settings in both configure.php files. But my CSS and images are not showing up for my STS templates.

The module can be installed and removed properly. It sees the template folders (dropdown) under /includes/sts_templates/. When I select one from the dropdown -- say, even Blue Hash or one of the other defaults -- it DOES switch to that template and appears to recognize the html (it correctly switches to the layout of the sts_template.html file, except with no CSS or images).

When I view the source, the paths also appear to be correct. I can paste "includes/sts_templates/freeosc_009/freeosc_009_stylesheet.css" after the domain and it brings up the CSS file. If I disable STS, the default OSC template works fine. I'm pulling my hair out over this and can't figure out why the CSS & images won't show, especially since this is an exact duplicate of another working site (which was already used twice successfully on two different servers, with STS fully intact).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OK,

I found a work around solution for this problem. As file sts_template.html stored at /public_html/includes/sts_templates/YOUR TEMPLATE folder

uses $templatedir to define path of your template, you need to put absolute path there.

Find row:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

and replace it with: (example)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href=http://yourdomain/includes/sts_templates/YOUR TEMPLATE FOLDER/stylesheet.css">

Pay attention to use https:// if using SSL otherwise it will show SSL error during check out.

If someone have a better idea, let me know.

Cheers!

OK,

I found a work around solution for this problem. As file sts_template.html stored at /public_html/includes/sts_templates/YOUR TEMPLATE folder

uses $templatedir to define path of your template, you need to put absolute path there.

Find row:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">

and replace it with: (example)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href=http://yourdomain/includes/sts_templates/YOUR TEMPLATE FOLDER/stylesheet.css">

Pay attention to use https:// if using SSL otherwise it will show SSL error during check out.

If someone have a better idea, let me know.

Cheers!

This is NOT necessary and SHOULD be avoided. Try using $templatedir$/stylesheet.css (notice the beginning and ending stop character $). If you are requiring a stop end character (strongly suggested) for your tags, then you need a stop character for ALL of your tags consistently.

So, if your template uses the following code at the top, you should be adding the stop end character to each of your STS tags:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

just installed sts v 4.6 on my osc 2.2 rca

.. things are comming up ok but m stuck

in the sts_template.html it is tht when i log into it i can't c ne place to logg off ,in the tut its given tht insert $myaccount placeholder it gives the text version of myaccount and displayes "logoff" when logged in but even if i log in its showing myAccount

in the file its given

<span><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT) . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT . '</a>'; ?></span>

i tried to replace it with

<span>$myaccount$</span>

but its still showing my account

u cn c it here

www.glakad.com

thnx in advance

Hi

I'm getting exactly the same problem as you! This is very odd, I'm guessing it is permission error, my host told me that it looks so. I'm not sure where to look but maybe some settings in .htaccess file need to be added, I'm not sure. But please post your fix here if any...

Cheers.

It is not a permission error that is stopping this for me, I just need to know what code I need to add to redirect.php so that I can track it with Google Analytics. All my other pages work fine as of course they use the STS template but the redirect page, well just redirects as it's supposed to!

I suppose I could make it so the redirect page uses the STS template and perhaps comes up with something like "URL link loading" perhaps but ideally I just need to know what analytics code I need to add to redirect.php so I can track it or setup a goal for whoever uses it.

I have lacked this feature on my site and struggled with this for over a year now.

Looking for a little STS Direction here. Posted the following and was sent here...

Has anybody seen these errors? I've googled and nothing coming up.

Notice: Use of undefined constant BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT - assumed 'BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT' in /home1/fouxfixc/public_html/a/includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: formfirst in /home1/fouxfixc/public_html/a/includes/functions/sts.php on line 64

I installed Cool Flash Carousel and the previous message now appears in the page header. Here is a link to the page that shows the error messages: www.JeepSWAG.com/a

Thanks -

In a normal install that info is in /includes/languages/english.php

define('BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT', 'Contact Us');

I don't know where it goes when STS is involved.

My advice is to find the STS support thread for the version you have installed and post in it.

Here are lines 67 to 79 from "general.php" mentioned in the error report.

67 $sts->template['checkout'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT . '</a>';

68 $sts->template['urlcheckout'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL');

69 $sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

71// Next tags added in v4.3 to display an image according to language and linking to the contact us page.

72 $sts->template['contactlogo'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . ' class="headerNavigation">' . tep_image(STS_TEMPLATE_DIR.'images/'.$language . 73'/header_contact_us.gif', BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT) . '</a>';

74// Tags generally displayed in the footer. =============================================

75 // Get the number of requests

76 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

77 $sts->template['numrequests'] = $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted;

79 $sts->template['footer_text']= FOOTER_TEXT_BODY;

Here is the code from lines 60 to 68 from from "sts.php" mentioned in the error report.

60 // Now lets remove the </td></tr> at the end of the tableBox output

61 // strrpos only works for chars, not strings, so we'll cheat and reverse the string and then use strpos

62 $tmpstr = strrev($tmpstr);

64 if ($formfirst == true) {

65 $tableend = strpos($tmpstr, strrev("</form>"), 1);

66 } else {

67 $tableend = strpos($tmpstr, strrev("</table>"), 1);

68 }

anybody see anything that could be causing these errors?

I can't figure out how to add the new products module back to my index.php page...

So I replaced the original index.php page files with a backup copy of the original and it still didn't show up (even after I changed the index.php_0.html $whatsnewbox to $content)

For some reason I thought $whatsnewbox used the new products module but it just uses the what's new box... obviously.

SO simply put I need help adding a $newproducts type of option to my STS.

I searched this thread for "new products" and "change new products" but came up with nothing. or came up with people trying to get rid of it.

I simply want it back and I want it to display specific amounts...

hi everybody,

I have had a hunt for the answer to this but just cannot find it, so if it has already been answered then I apologise. I want to run a different template on all the pages that have SSL on them (checkout, shipping and payment details). What is the best way to do this ? Or do I have to create a different template for each of the SSL pages

Thanks in advance

So what you are saying is that I have to remove all old sts on my shop before installing the sts 4.6 version?

In addition to removing all sts code, I also must delete all sts files?

Do you think these old sts codes are the cause if the site gone blank?

Yes, it seems to be old, (v1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3 from 2003 - 2004) as far as I can see.

Hi, I have now installed stsv4.6.

I have enabled sts in admin, but my site is totally blank.

You told me to delete all old sts code in my files. I have not yet done that, but will do after a little backup :-)

Questions:

1)Should I also remove all old sts-files?

2)What about the old template I am using now? I would like to still use it. Today it is placed in catalog/includes. Do I move it to folder "Single" under sts-templates?

3) What do I call the old template? Can I call it sts_template1.html, to separate it from the default template?

4) Today my stylesheet.css file is located in catalog (catalog/stylesheet.css). I see that there already is a stylesheet file in the folder "Single". Is there only supposed to be one stylesheet file?

Which do I use to make my old template woprk, and where is it supposed to be located?

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Hi, I have now installed stsv4.6.

I have enabled sts in admin, but my site is totally blank.

You told me to delete all old sts code in my files. I have not yet done that, but will do after a little backup :-)

Questions:

1)Should I also remove all old sts-files?

2)What about the old template I am using now? I would like to still use it. Today it is placed in catalog/includes. Do I move it to folder "Single" under sts-templates?

3) What do I call the old template? Can I call it sts_template1.html, to separate it from the default template?

4) Today my stylesheet.css file is located in catalog (catalog/stylesheet.css). I see that there already is a stylesheet file in the folder "Single". Is there only supposed to be one stylesheet file?

Which do I use to make my old template woprk, and where is it supposed to be located?

1) Yes, but make a backup first. Depending upon your template needs, you may need your boxes.php file as well as your sts_user_code.php file if you happen to have these files customized to meet your old template.

2-3) You can continue to use your old template and I suggest moving it to ../includes/sts_templates/Old where "old" will be the name of the template set that holds your sts_template.html file (old template).

4) Your question tells me you really do not understand how STSv4.6 functions. Keep in mind that STS allows you to have as many template sets that you want and you can easily change between any of them via the drop down menu in the STS Default Module in the admin. With that said, each template set can have it's own stylesheet.css file and it should be located in the root of the template set folder (blue_hash, freeosc_009, freeosc_060, freeosc_061, multiple, single or your new addition: "Old"). It would be wise to review each of these template sets to see how you should name your templates, etc. That is what they are there for. thumbsup.gif

Whatever you do, make sure you link to your stylesheet.css file within your template pages. For example, if you place your stylesheet.css file in the template folder "Old", then you would link to your stylesheet.css file in your template as so:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/stylesheet.css">

thumbsup.gif You can link as many stylesheets that you need. The first link is for the osC default stylesheet that is located in the shop's root folder. The second is the stylesheet specific to this template set. The STS variable $templatedir$ will use whatever template set you have selected via the drop down menu in the STS Default Module in the admin.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

1) Yes, but make a backup first. Depending upon your template needs, you may need your boxes.php file as well as your sts_user_code.php file if you happen to have these files customized to meet your old template.

2-3) You can continue to use your old template and I suggest moving it to ../includes/sts_templates/Old where "old" will be the name of the template set that holds your sts_template.html file (old template).

4) Your question tells me you really do not understand how STSv4.6 functions. Keep in mind that STS allows you to have as many template sets that you want and you can easily change between any of them via the drop down menu in the STS Default Module in the admin. With that said, each template set can have it's own stylesheet.css file and it should be located in the root of the template set folder (blue_hash, freeosc_009, freeosc_060, freeosc_061, multiple, single or your new addition: "Old"). It would be wise to review each of these template sets to see how you should name your templates, etc. That is what they are there for. thumbsup.gif

Whatever you do, make sure you link to your stylesheet.css file within your template pages. For example, if you place your stylesheet.css file in the template folder "Old", then you would link to your stylesheet.css file in your template as so:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/stylesheet.css">

thumbsup.gif You can link as many stylesheets that you need. The first link is for the osC default stylesheet that is located in the shop's root folder. The second is the stylesheet specific to this template set. The STS variable $templatedir$ will use whatever template set you have selected via the drop down menu in the STS Default Module in the admin.

Thank you so much for your explanation :-) Think I understand a little bit more now and I will try to make this work :-)

One more question though. When I installed the old template, the instructions was to change the stylesheet.css file, so the one I have in the shop root, is the one that corresponds with the template.

I will movw both this and the old template file to the new folder "old".

Should I then upload a fresh standard osc stylesheet.css file and put it in my shop root folder?

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Thank you so much for your explanation :-) Think I understand a little bit more now and I will try to make this work :-)

One more question though. When I installed the old template, the instructions was to change the stylesheet.css file, so the one I have in the shop root, is the one that corresponds with the template.

I will movw both this and the old template file to the new folder "old".

Should I then upload a fresh standard osc stylesheet.css file and put it in my shop root folder?

Yes, as a future template may depend upon one of the CSS defines that is from a default osCommerce store.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions