• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

[...]

I wonder if someone can help with a small emergency. I haven't edited my store in a long time, and now that I have, I think I've ruined it. My index is not showing up, and I don't think I backed up properly. Here's my basic question:

Where is the index file supposed to be saved? Should there be one in the main ftp folder (on mine it's "public_html") or should it be under languanges/english/index.php.html?

[...]

I don't know how your question is related to STS

To your basic question: There are more than 1 index.php files and they are all necessary for the site to work properly. So, you need to have one in the root and one in the language folder

About how to fix the issue: Can you say what you was "fixing"? Do you have the 2 index.php files uploaded? Do you have maybe an index.html file uploaded? Why all the links on your left menu link to .html files?

I don't know how your question is related to STS

To your basic question: There are more than 1 index.php files and they are all necessary for the site to work properly. So, you need to have one in the root and one in the language folder

About how to fix the issue: Can you say what you was "fixing"? Do you have the 2 index.php files uploaded? Do you have maybe an index.html file uploaded? Why all the links on your left menu link to .html files?

Can you see my website? Nothing shows up when I try to view it.

More info: I have STS installed. I believe that my index is stored in the languages/english/ file. Which index should be in the root folder? And should it be an index.php or an index.html?

Thanks for your help!

hello,

I am looking for help on how to create different pages with the same template but different content, like, for example.... about us, terms of service etc, etc. I have read the read me over and over but it keeps confusing me. If anyone could help me by maybe simplify these directions I would be very much appreciative :) thanks guys.

hello,

I am looking for help on how to create different pages with the same template but different content, like, for example.... about us, terms of service etc, etc. I have read the read me over and over but it keeps confusing me. If anyone could help me by maybe simplify these directions I would be very much appreciative :) thanks guys.

Here is the warning I've been getting - please let me know if anyone has a suggestion:

Warning: require(index.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/geekfitt/public_html/root.php on line 145

Thanks,

Chris

I have STS installed. I believe that my index is stored in the languages/english/ file. Which index should be in the root folder? And should it be an index.php or an index.html?

Warning: require(index.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/geekfitt/public_html/root.php on line 145

If it helps - I've also got SEO-G installed.

Your problem is not if you have STS or SEOG installed. Your problem is that you are missing the index.php file. The warning you get sates this very clear. I told you already that there are more than one index.php files and the one you are missing for sure is the index.php of the top level (in your case the root). It doesn't matter if you have other index.php files elsewhere, you can not mix them or substitute them.

The only solution is to place back the (root-) index.php file. Try first from the backups you have uploaded. If they don't work, then take a fresh index.php file from the downloads and use this.

For other problems you might or will have with this issue, please do not post back here. The fact that you have STS installed doesn't mean that it is responsible for everything that happens. This topic is for STS related questions, so lets not spam it any longer with your issue. Make a separate topic about and lets find the solution there

anyone lol:(

Look at my Add Pages tutorial in the STSv4 Power Pack site (site dedicated to all STS addons - link in my signature below).

Also:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295660&st=5120&p=1400113entry1400113

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Look at my Add Pages tutorial in the STSv4 Power Pack site (site dedicated to all STS addons - link in my signature below).

Also:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295660&st=5120&p=1400113entry1400113

I read through it but it is still like french to me all I want to do is make a page well say for example - aboutus.html

and it will have all the $variables work but change the content to information about my site that I just type in??

the tutorial you linked me more so talks about othre things it seems.....I just want to make my exact sts_template.html file but with the content being what i want to type in....or is that alot more difficult to do that what im thinking?

im soooooooooo frusterated you told me to download that, i read EVERY page.....nothing flat out tells me how to add a page and just basically edit the content off it everything talks about product info, manufactures, etc etc... i understand php and what sts does but your giving me advice that is getting me more confused? is there not a way to make an about us page where i manually enter the content or a supplies page where i manually enter the logos and what not....why is this soo difficult?

im soooooooooo frusterated you told me to download that, i read EVERY page.....nothing flat out tells me how to add a page and just basically edit the content off it everything talks about product info, manufactures, etc etc... i understand php and what sts does but your giving me advice that is getting me more confused? is there not a way to make an about us page where i manually enter the content or a supplies page where i manually enter the logos and what not....why is this soo difficult?

Well.....Did you not go to the STS Power Pack site and download the "Add more pages using STS" tutorial? If you can't follow that then I can't say anymore on this forum to make it any easier. blink.gif

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I posted this in the General Question and dont know how to delete that one. What I would like to know is Im using STS Contribution and have been working on the sts_template in the Test folder, Should I of been using the Index.php in the Full folder instead. If so no big deal shouldnt be to hard to make changes since I have already done most of them on the sts_template in the Test folder.

PS--- If someone could delete the post about this in the General section I would appericate it. Sorry for posting wrong place.

I posted this in the General Question and dont know how to delete that one. What I would like to know is Im using STS Contribution and have been working on the sts_template in the Test folder, Should I of been using the Index.php in the Full folder instead. If so no big deal shouldnt be to hard to make changes since I have already done most of them on the sts_template in the Test folder.

PS--- If someone could delete the post about this in the General section I would appericate it. Sorry for posting wrong place.

Ok figured it out by going to admin and changing from test folder to full folder and chaging what HTML to use. Will use sts_template in test folder to get things like I want then make changes to Index in full folder when satisfied.

I have installed the STS addon on a new oscommerce I just set up for that sole purpose and I have downloaded a couple templates to see how it works. All templates look good even the default "test" and "full" sts_templates that come with the addon. However not one of those templates are showing me something where the $content tag is placed. All the sidebars work perfectly having the $carcontent tags or whatever tag it may be. Still when I click on them it should redirect me to lets say myshop.com/catalog/shipping.php 'cause I clicked on the shipping link. But this just shows me another blank page in the middle. Why isnt it picking up the information in that .php file!?!?! Do I need to try and rewrite all the php coding in html now? I just wanted to add a nicer design, not rewrite the php coding I have finally learn to understand :P

Anyways I am pretty frustrated by now cause all I keep seeing are blank pages wherever there is a $content tag. The only process I have made is that I can now add stuff to that center of the page like tables and other stuff by just adding some html coding where the $content was in the first place.

Please help me out!

Thank you in advance.

I can provide the link to the site since its online and working, didnt do so 'cause I'm not sure if I can post links on this forum.

I have installed the STS addon on a new oscommerce I just set up for that sole purpose and I have downloaded a couple templates to see how it works. All templates look good even the default "test" and "full" sts_templates that come with the addon. However not one of those templates are showing me something where the $content tag is placed. All the sidebars work perfectly having the $carcontent tags or whatever tag it may be. Still when I click on them it should redirect me to lets say myshop.com/catalog/shipping.php 'cause I clicked on the shipping link. But this just shows me another blank page in the middle. Why isnt it picking up the information in that .php file!?!?! Do I need to try and rewrite all the php coding in html now? I just wanted to add a nicer design, not rewrite the php coding I have finally learn to understand :P

Anyways I am pretty frustrated by now cause all I keep seeing are blank pages wherever there is a $content tag. The only process I have made is that I can now add stuff to that center of the page like tables and other stuff by just adding some html coding where the $content was in the first place.

Please help me out!

Thank you in advance.

I can provide the link to the site since its online and working, didnt do so 'cause I'm not sure if I can post links on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I have been working on my site the last couple months and landed on OSC. I was trying to do a Drupal Site first and decided that OSC would be a better route for me right now. However, I have hit a few bumps along the way. I had previously installed a sample template from templatemonster.com for OSC and then I found STS. So I figured I could get the job done by just creating my page in HTML and dumping in the corresponding variables. Well I took some basic HTML from an OSC template for testing and dropped in the variables. This is how it comes out. http://mmsnyc.com/catalog

1. As you can see the pictures are not showing. How do I fix this???

2. I need to know what should I be doing to create the look of the other pages e.g. "what's new" "specials" etc. Would I have to edit the whatsnew.php and specials.php files to do so?

Also, I noticed that when you go into a product and look at the reviews button it links the the correct path, but if you check the image link it shows a gif from the osc.template-help image and the add to cart is from my images...... any info on this?

Any help will do. I don't want to waist my time buying a template if i'm not going to be able to get it to work. Thanks in advance!