• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I have STS template working in English and German however I am using a contribution for the Greek language and when I switch my store to the Greek language I get "symbols" that appear and not Greek words all but the "buy Button" is in Greek. Can someone please guide me as to what I need to do.....Thanks

I have STS template working in English and German however I am using a contribution for the Greek language and when I switch my store to the Greek language I get "symbols" that appear and not Greek words all but the "buy Button" is in Greek. Can someone please guide me as to what I need to do.....Thanks

Can someone help me please....I have STS working for the English and German language I have downloaded a contribution for the Grek language and when I switch to the Greek Language I get all "symbols" instead of Greek words all except the "Buy Button" is in Greek. What do I need to do to get the Greek working with STS. Thanks.

Can someone help me please....I have STS working for the English and German language I have downloaded a contribution for the Grek language and when I switch to the Greek Language I get all "symbols" instead of Greek words all except the "Buy Button" is in Greek. What do I need to do to get the Greek working with STS. Thanks.

This is not related to STS, probably an encoding issue. Search for "greek" and "encoding" in the forum and if you can not find something that helps, start a new topic. Also, provide some more info, like what text is displayed in "symbols", if you use any WYSIWYG editor, if you store text in the database etc. A link would be good.

PS. You can PM me the link to your topic

Can someone PLEASE help me, I installed STS on a Fresh OSC and when i go to the test file it show the variables written on the site in letters anf not the actualy working script. does anyone know hpow to help me

This could only happen if you did not completely follow the included installation and configuration instructions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello

I've just installed the Xsell 2.6 with the autoinstaller (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415) contribution with my STS template.

I've read this post in this forum explaining how to show cross sell products in my product-info page by adding the following code in sts_user_code.php :

$sts_block_name = 'xsell';

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

$template['xsell'] = $sts_block['xsell'];

I followed all the steps and when I go to my shop url I get the following error :

Warning: require(STS_START_CAPTURE) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/myurl.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 143

Warning: require(STS_START_CAPTURE) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/myurl.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 143

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/httpd/vhosts/myurl.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 143

Any ideas ? maybe should I install the contrib manually ? if anyone has the solution it would be very helpfull for me

thanks and have a nice day

STS 4.5.8

Hello

I've just installed the Xsell 2.6 with the autoinstaller (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415) contribution with my STS template.

I've read this post in this forum explaining how to show cross sell products in my product-info page by adding the following code in sts_user_code.php :

$sts_block_name = 'xsell';

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

$template['xsell'] = $sts_block['xsell'];

I followed all the steps and when I go to my shop url I get the following error :

[...]

try to add this here into your includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php (assuming you want to display the x-sell on your product info page)

$sts->start_capture();
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
$sts->stop_capture ('xsell'); // Get the result to the main array
$template_pinfo['xsell']= $sts->template['xsell']; // Put it in the product info

Now use $xsell$ in your template

Hi Brian!

Does this template mod work for the latest version 3.05a?

If not, is there one that does?

Kind Regards,

Alan

Alan,

Brian has not been around here for years. To answer your question, No, STS does not work for osC v3.05a as it has it's own template "system" already installed. It is not as easy as STS but it has one nonetheless.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I am using osCommerce v2.2 RC2 with STS v4.5.9.

When I click on the "click to enlarge" link under the product image, I get the popup_image and it is using /includes/modules/sts_inc/popup_image.php (the one included int he download) and it is using /includes/sts_templates/full/popup_image.php.html (the one included in the download) however it is not replacing the place holders with the appropriate content. The placeholders appear in plain text instead. The content is in the placeholders as I can echo them from within that file and they appear.

I am not sure what the nest step in debugging should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

When I click on the "click to enlarge" link under the product image, I get the popup_image and it is using /includes/modules/sts_inc/popup_image.php (the one included int he download) and it is using /includes/sts_templates/full/popup_image.php.html (the one included in the download) however it is not replacing the place holders with the appropriate content. The placeholders appear in plain text instead. The content is in the placeholders as I can echo them from within that file and they appear.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance.

whistling.gif Note: STSv4.5.9 is an UNSUPPORTED release. You would be better off to use v4.5.8 or wait a little longer for v4.6 by bkellum.

thumbsup.gif Make sure you have the STS Popup Image Module enabled in the admin.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

hope you can help, I am in the process of creating a new site, the software is the same as all the others I have done.

the database includes infornation from asite previously elsewhere hosted site.

The problem is sts works bt for about two minutes of browsing then I get an internal sever error, admin works fine and switching it back out of sts mode works fine.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing sts mode to work only partially, so I can investigate this more deeply.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi Bill,

hope you can help, I am in the process of creating a new site, the software is the same as all the others I have done.

The problem is sts works bt for about two minutes of browsing then I get an internal sever error, admin works fine and switching it back out of sts mode works fine.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing sts mode to work only partially, so I can investigate this more deeply.

Thanks

Hi Bill,

Thanks

Hi Bill,

Thanks

Look through your folders and remove any .htaccess files. These files are most likely the cause or you missed something in the installation of your site.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Look through your folders and remove any .htaccess files. These files are most likely the cause or you missed something in the installation of your site.

Hi Bill,

think I have it all ressolved now, well it appears to be working.

The problem appears to have been the database and the information in it/ structure of it.(transfering information from another database, so to keep order history and customer accounts etc).

Tried the .htaccess file and that didnt appear to affect it.

I checked the database out by using one I knew should work with the the actual files and tried to crash the site, that worked fine.

Then it was a case of what did I actually needed from the old site, and made it compatible with the new one.

When I got it down to essentials for customers/csutomers, everything works.

I suspect that the products/categories generated on the other site may have caused the site 500 internal server problems, as initially some of the categories/products worked okay and others caused it to crash in STS (but all categories and products were fine outside of STS).

I dont understand why, but even when I got the structure of the database with the original information on categories and products translated across it only actually worked for a few of them in sts mode, so I would guess it may have been the content of the categories/products titles/descriptions that caused the error. Character sets as there were some odd characters showing in the products.

When I removed the categories and products as they were on the old site, and imported them from scratch into the site I did not have a problem at all in STS or outside of STS.

Thanks

Hi Bill,

I have just installed the latest links manager II, and I was having problems running the databse updater file.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/268562-links-manager-ii/page__view__findpost__p__1463791

I had to switch sts mode off to get the file to work and update the database and everything is working fine in sts mode now, but I do appear to have something wrong somewhere as it doesnt normally interfer when installing.

This again is the same site database transfer thing I mentioned before, its bugging the hell out of me, I have something in sts/sts template/ my database thats interfering with each other and I dont have a clue what I should be looking at to ressolve this properly.

Any ideas?

Hi Bill,

I have just installed the latest links manager II, and I was having problems running the databse updater file.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/268562-links-manager-ii/page__view__findpost__p__1463791

I had to switch sts mode off to get the file to work and update the database and everything is working fine in sts mode now, but I do appear to have something wrong somewhere as it doesnt normally interfer when installing.

This again is the same site database transfer thing I mentioned before, its bugging the hell out of me, I have something in sts/sts template/ my database thats interfering with each other and I dont have a clue what I should be looking at to ressolve this properly.

Any ideas?

Hello All,

I wonder if someone can help with a small emergency. I haven't edited my store in a long time, and now that I have, I think I've ruined it. My index is not showing up, and I don't think I backed up properly. Here's my basic question:

Where is the index file supposed to be saved? Should there be one in the main ftp folder (on mine it's "public_html") or should it be under languanges/english/index.php.html?

Please help.

This is my website: geekfitters.com.

There's a free t-shirt for everyone who helps fix this.

Thanks,

Chris