• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Simon, STS does not care what your Register Global settings are as is the same for the lastest version of osCommerce RC2a. Be sure to completely install STS (uploading STS files and Files for RC2 from the STS contribution download).

Bill,

Can you help I've been to jack in regard STS and Header tags SEO.

I have made a lot of mistakes to date but are learning by them.

I had STSv4.5.8_1_2 working well untill I installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.3 then upgraded to 3.04.

SEO works and displays keywords in the sorce code with STS turned off, all tags will automatically fill when asked.

Turn STS on and change the title declaration back in Index and Product info.php files for STS and there are no keywords displayed in the source page of all pages bar 1 new file I added to the info box based on the shipping module. This page picks up the default words.

With STS on I can fill some keywords automatically but they are lost if I turn STS off and on again.

The Index page will not allow me to enter and words manually they are unpty and surrounded in red not yellow frames.

I hope can supply a leed for me on this or let me know how to re-install/upgade my site with out losing existing shop date. (IF POSSIBLE).

I would could then install each contrib one by one backing up in between.

Running: server timezone fix 1.0, STSv4.5.8_1_2, Dynamenu_for_osCommerce_v1_1_2, HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2

ps. Flyouts do not work with STS on and I have tryed your latest hints. I have previously dclared tep_make_cat_dmlist in includes/boxes/dm_catagories.php:210 in the same includes/boxes/dm_catagories.php Line 245.

Regards Jack

Bill,

Can you help I've been to jack in regard STS and Header tags SEO.

I have made a lot of mistakes to date but are learning by them.

I had STSv4.5.8_1_2 working well untill I installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.3 then upgraded to 3.04.

SEO works and displays keywords in the sorce code with STS turned off, all tags will automatically fill when asked.

Turn STS on and change the title declaration back in Index and Product info.php files for STS and there are no keywords displayed in the source page of all pages bar 1 new file I added to the info box based on the shipping module. This page picks up the default words.

With STS on I can fill some keywords automatically but they are lost if I turn STS off and on again.

The Index page will not allow me to enter and words manually they are unpty and surrounded in red not yellow frames.

I hope can supply a leed for me on this or let me know how to re-install/upgade my site with out losing existing shop date. (IF POSSIBLE).

I would could then install each contrib one by one backing up in between.

Running: server timezone fix 1.0, STSv4.5.8_1_2, Dynamenu_for_osCommerce_v1_1_2, HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2

ps. Flyouts do not work with STS on and I have tryed your latest hints. I have previously dclared tep_make_cat_dmlist in includes/boxes/dm_catagories.php:210 in the same includes/boxes/dm_catagories.php Line 245.

Regards Jack

Sorry about the spelling mistakes this was a second try as I lost the first.

The ps is a aftal error message saying previously declared tep_make_cat_dmlist when I added a new one after reading in your fixes.

Hi there,

Could someone help me with the following:

I have installed the default template - it works great! However, I want the index.php to look different than the other pages. I installed the index template and it works great, too! My issue is when I click on a manufacturer from the drop down menu from the index.php page it does not use the default template, it uses the index template.

How do I get everything to use the default template except index.php?

You can see what I mean here: http://www.canadiancartridge.com/shop/catalog/

To view the default template you can click on Contact Us (site is still a work in progress).

Erika, I think you are wanting a template to be used for the home page only and then the rest use the default template? If that is the case, simply create an index.php_0.html template, remove the index.php.html template, and keep your default template.

Tip: The pages in the "doc" folder explain in detail how STS picks what pages to use.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill. I felt a little overwhelmed by the docs folder. So just to clarify, for the template for index, I just use a template called index.php_0.html instead of index.php.html and it should work? I will give it a try!

Thanks Bill. I felt a little overwhelmed by the docs folder. So just to clarify, for the template for index, I just use a template called index.php_0.html instead of index.php.html and it should work? I will give it a try!

Worked great. Thanks!

Sorry about the spelling mistakes this was a second try as I lost the first.

The ps is a aftal error message saying previously declared tep_make_cat_dmlist when I added a new one after reading in your fixes.

Bill,

I ended up removing Header tags SEO by going back through the installation instructions and now STS seams to be working OK. I found where I went wrong in 2 places. I will try your flyout fix again tomorrow for Dynamic Menu.

Could you tell me if easy meta tags will work with STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop??

Regards Jack

Bill,

I ended up removing Header tags SEO by going back through the installation instructions and now STS seams to be working OK. I found where I went wrong in 2 places. I will try your flyout fix again tomorrow for Dynamic Menu.

Could you tell me if easy meta tags will work with STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop??

Regards Jack

Bill,

Fly outs working now with Dm_menu as per your recommendations in that forum.

My previous question still holds about the compatability of easy meta tags to work with STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop.

Do you know of a similar contribe I could use to replace headertags SEO now I have uninstalled it.

Will the Header tag controller work in the Power Pack for STS 4 in STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop.

D you know of any problems with dynamic_sitemap v 3.5 when running STS4.5.8.

Regards

Jack

Simon, STS does not care what your Register Global settings are as is the same for the lastest version of osCommerce RC2a. Be sure to completely install STS (uploading STS files and Files for RC2 from the STS contribution download).

Hi there,

I have installed all the sts and MS2 files again and it still wont let me into my admin panel, its says "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

link to my site admin is: http://www.naturaltots.co.uk/catalog/admin/

Any advice would be good.

Best regards

Simon

I was speaking to this freelancer who has worked with OSCommerce and he says designing with STS is not flexible.

I was under the impression that with STS any design is possible.

Please tell me this freelancer doesn't know what he is talking about.

I was speaking to this freelancer who has worked with OSCommerce and he says designing with STS is not flexible.

I was under the impression that with STS any design is possible.

Please tell me this freelancer doesn't know what he is talking about.

What does he mean by 'flexible'? If he is referring to making other contributions work with STS then I would say he is incorrect. If he is referring to what kind of design he could come up with then I would say he is incorrect as well. I have not found any design that could not be accomplished because of using STS.

Have him put his money where his mouth is and give you an example rather than a general statement.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi there,

I have installed all the sts and MS2 files again and it still wont let me into my admin panel, its says "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

link to my site admin is: http://www.naturaltots.co.uk/catalog/admin/

Any advice would be good.

Best regards

Simon

Simon, this appears to be a osC installation and configuration issue. There are a few options that can be done. My previous post on this issue was based on the assumption that you were using the latest version of osC (RC2a) which is not the case. The latest version has worked past register global issues. The osC versions prior to RC1 are a different beast altogether, and it doesn't have anything to do with STS.

Solutions:

Upgrade to RC2a, or...

Install a Register Global contribution onto your store, or...

Ask your host to configure your server to make this go away (good luck).

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill,

Fly outs working now with Dm_menu as per your recommendations in that forum.

My previous question still holds about the compatability of easy meta tags to work with STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop.

Do you know of a similar contribe I could use to replace headertags SEO now I have uninstalled it.

Will the Header tag controller work in the Power Pack for STS 4 in STS4.5.8 on a RC2a shop.

D you know of any problems with dynamic_sitemap v 3.5 when running STS4.5.8.

Regards

Jack

Jack,

I have not had the time to actually install HTC SEO so I can't give a detailed step by step at this time. All I can say is that in most cases you should not install any of the modified files from the contribution on the catalog side (everything on the admin side is OK).

Use the HTC v2.6.4 step by step as an example (link in my signature below). By the way, I think HTC v2.6.4 is still an excellent meta tag solution to any osCommerce shop, even RC2a.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi

I have manually installed STSv4.5.8 and I have RC2 oscommerce. I am trying to make a template with its own images and buttons.

Following the manual I created.

includes/sts_templates/my_template/images //to override the default oscommerce images

includes/sts_templates/my_template/images/english/buttons //to override the default oscommerce buttons.

The buttons images are not overiding the default ones.

1. Are the above directories correct?

2. If these directories are correct, what files would effect this?

Please help

Thanks

Joey

Edited by Moparcj5

I have installed:

Oscommerce version 2.2rc2a, STS version 4.5.8, Header Tags SEO version 3.1.5, SEO Assistant version 2.1

Thanks

Joey

Hi again

I figured it out and fixed a small typo in includes/functions/html_output.php file

Thanks

I have installed:

Oscommerce version 2.2rc2a, STS version 4.5.8, Header Tags SEO version 3.1.5, SEO Assistant version 2.1

Thanks

Joey

sorry, nobody else has asked this so I must be missing it somewhere, but where do you download this package?

I go to http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,sts

which has a good description, but for the life of me I cannot find a 'download here' link or somewhere to actually 'get' these files. STS seems perfect for me and I'd love to take it for a spin, but I can't find it.

sorry for the stupid question

sorry, nobody else has asked this so I must be missing it somewhere, but where do you download this package?

I go to http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,sts

which has a good description, but for the life of me I cannot find a 'download here' link or somewhere to actually 'get' these files. STS seems perfect for me and I'd love to take it for a spin, but I can't find it.

sorry for the stupid question

Click on the link STSv4.5.8 in my signature below or

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

The latest version of STS is STSv4.5.8 Dated Jan 23, 2008.

Click on the small brown box to the right that has the green downward arrow.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi...

Have just started using STS and belive its quite awesome..

One issue I'm having...

I have a mixture of category, product and default templates on my site. The parent category page is using its own template and I have set "Check parent templates" to false and therefore any sub-categories (unless template created) is using the default template.

However, I need this to work also for the product_info pages. I have the case where a template has been created for the parent category (e.g. index.php?cPath=21) and the product that belongs to this category has no specified template. I need the product_info.php page to use the default template, however, it is using the parent category template...not good for me?!

If anyone has any ideas, I would be internally grateful!

D

Hi...

Have just started using STS and belive its quite awesome..

One issue I'm having...

I have a mixture of category, product and default templates on my site. The parent category page is using its own template and I have set "Check parent templates" to false and therefore any sub-categories (unless template created) is using the default template.

However, I need this to work also for the product_info pages. I have the case where a template has been created for the parent category (e.g. index.php?cPath=21) and the product that belongs to this category has no specified template. I need the product_info.php page to use the default template, however, it is using the parent category template...not good for me?!

If anyone has any ideas, I would be internally grateful!

D

Dan, I'm not sure I follow you here but are you aware you can make a product_info template such as product_info.php_c21.html and all products in category 21 will use this template? Otherwise, take a look at the files in the doc folder that give detailed explainations on how STS picks the template to be used.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Dan, I'm not sure I follow you here but are you aware you can make a product_info template such as product_info.php_c21.html and all products in category 21 will use this template? Otherwise, take a look at the files in the doc folder that give detailed explainations on how STS picks the template to be used.

Hope this helped,

Cool, I've done pretty much everything but that, must have missed that one. I'll give it a whirl a let you know...

Thanks

Hope this helped,

Yep...Nice one...Thank you for that!

I am having a problem. I have a fresh install MS2. I uploaded all the files, but the link doesnt show up in admin panel. Any ideas?

You have to upload one of the osC folder as well depending upon what version of osC you are using; 2.2, RC1, RC2 or RC2a.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You have to upload one of the osC folder as well depending upon what version of osC you are using; 2.2, RC1, RC2 or RC2a.

Yeah I did all that. I have done it a few times and still nothing. Very strange.

Hello,

I am new to the boards and I am trying your STS plugin, which is a great add-on. But I am having trouble skining the sts. How can I make it so all the boxes can have different css styles?

Here is the skin I am working on, http://daemonprojects.com/shoppingcart/

has you can see the boxes all use the same css, "Product" How can I make it so they all runn off a different style? I need no style in the middle content box, but on the right top box I need to have a diffrent style and also on the left boxes.

is this possible?

Thanks,

DE