• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

*HOW* do I set user permissions? Please help

Newbie1978

When I go to the front page on my site (http://loosefigurecollector.com/osCommerce...7b09de2a6684d45), I get this error along the very top:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /www/l/loosefigs/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

It goes away when I login as a customer though. BUT it comes right back when I log out. Could someone please walk me through fixing this problem? I've searched the help function with no luck. Any help would be great appreciated. [/url]

Thank you for your reply! I went through FTP and checked the permissions on both includes/configure.php files, but they are already set to 644. They are both marked as follows:

User: Read, Write

Group: Read

World: Read

The error is *still* coming up. :cry: What am I doing wrong?

What did you use to change permissions. I had the same problem using cPanel and the file manager in Admin, but when I used CUTEFtp everthing seemed ok from then on. Some sort of cache problem of data not being updated in some way or other.???? :?

roger

facts invariably distort the truth

I noticed the permission problem is with a default.php. The current stable version is MS 2.2 which doesn't have a default.php but an index.php.

roger

facts invariably distort the truth

Archived