• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

any ideas?

Try the multiple product listing contribution from Ian.

It works like a charm. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hi Jim,

I did try it but maybe I was doing something wrong.

It made the listing in the drop down boxes but I was looking for something like just text without the drop boxes.

You could comment out the code that pulls and displays the attributes and add the product description.

I do not understand how or why you would want a product listing to appear after you have selected the product.

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding your intent. Could you please explain for me?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Jim,

I want it to look and function like this site:

http://www.babyuniverse.com/kit.asp?id=636&store=baby

If you click on a category in osc it should just show list of products without the additional listings on each product.

After you click the product link to get inside the product to look at the description then I would like to have other listings that display parts of that product so customers can buy as many as they want.

Okay, I understand what you want now.

The product listing for a category is obviously not a problem.

I will have to think a bit on how to display product "pieces" when viewing a product's details.

A quick thought would be to create a table to contain the product pieces and then create a module that reads the table and creates the listing on the product_details page.

Too bad Lynda or Ian isn't here - they always have a good knack for these types of items.

Archived