• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Total Mystery

Paul Cardin

I'm set up with only one tax code - for Oklahoma. Taxes are correctly computed for in state orders and are not computed for out of state orders.

My problem, though, comes at the computation of the Total. For out of state orders, the Total is correct. But for in state orders, small additional amounts get mysteriously added in. No addtional amount is shown in the computation. It's just the Total that's wrong.

In my most recent test, there were different amounts added with different quantities and different UPS shipping types. (UPS is the only shipping option.) The lowest amount added was 1.20 for a single product shipped ground, 1.69 for same but with 3 day select, and 2.75 for 3 products shipped ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Cardin

Perhaps a tax is being added onto the shipping and that is being added into the total. I only discovered it when I computed the 8.5% of the shipping and got the exact amount of the discrepancy. I'm not sure whether tax should be added to shipping, but at least it should show it. I don't know yet how to stop it.

Archived