• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!! I cannot figure out how to work tax for California!

rodo90041

Hello

It has been weeks trying to figure out how to work the tax for my webiste, I really need some help from you... This is what is happenning:

I have finally discover the problem with the tax but there is something that still not working properly and the problem is the following:

As you can see next area "the checkout area", the tax is being calculated properly when I have the product set up as "taxable goods" and is only calculating the tax on the product itself as it should be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billing Information

Billing Address (Edit)

Rodo Pacheco

445 St. Nowhere

los angeles, CA 90041

United States

Payment Method (Edit) PayPal

Sub-Total: $430.78

Table Rate (Best Way): $11.50

California Sales Tax: $32.83

Total: $442.28

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is the problem, when I set up the products in this case with price of $ 397.95 which is the price it should show in the website, and I change this product "tax class" to "taxable goods" the price in that field changes to $430.78 with is the price with the tax included. As you can see in the following area...... (which is the "Entering new product screen"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Available:

(YYYY-MM-DD) dateAvailable.writeControl(); dateAvailable.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";

Products Manufacturer: --none--

Products Name: 5.5" In-Car DVD Player with TV/Monitor

Tax Class: Taxable Goods

Products Price (Net): 397.95

Products Price (Gross): 430.7809 <------ here is calculating the 8.25% california tax automatically!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW in my website www.productmaxusa.com for this product is showing 430.78 intead of 397.95 WIRED! which is the only product I am testing like this. And this is the link (it will be the first one) http://www.productmaxusa.com/index.php?cPath=24_37 tha the actual price is 397.95 but is placing it with the tax already of 8.25% for Ca

Is showing the price with the tax included intead with out the tax as it should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the way it appears in the website.

5.5" In-Car DVD Player with TV/Monitor $430.78

NOW the funny thing is that when I sign in as a California customer it shows this price, but when I sign in as another state it doen't.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME BEFORE I GO CRAZY!!!!

Thank you very much to all of you....

Rod. :cry:

Archived